Big Choice coming up... Bobby Or Ellis??

Frozen700

Reaction score
ok we seen Ellis is a great pass rusher n good agianst the run.....and it hurt us losing him down the stretch

but as soon bobby started officially starting hes been a force.. not only can he get pressure....hes great agianst the run...n damn good vs the pass...

so if it was up to u guys..who would u rather be starting?

rexrobinson

Reaction score
He has the size and speed to do well in this league and I will like to see how he does next year with an offseason under his belt. I think he may have some playmaker in him.

Joe Jurrasic aka Hanz and Franz will hopefully do him some good.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Assuming Ellis is 100% healthy.

Choice 1: Ellis at LOLB and Carpenter at ILB.

Choice 2: Carpenter at LOLB and James at ILB.

Hmm...

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
theogt;1301804 said:

Hmm...

.........:)

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I'm not convinced Ellis will reocover well enough to get back to where he was. Terrible injury at his age. We'll have to wait and see.

Frozen700

Reaction score
theogt;1301804 said:

Hmm...

lmao!!!!!!!!!:lmao2:

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
If Bobby continues to show promise in the offseason he should take over full time at 3-4 OLB. He looked really good to me...big, fast, and around the ball.

Save Ellis for DE pass rush on the nickel. Plays to his strength and less wear and tear on him after the injury. We can probably squeeze another couple seasons out of him in this role.

superpunk

Reaction score
I think it just gives us more versatility. I don't know which situation most of Ellis' sacks came out of, but I know this; our nickel defense was far superior with him in there. That alone is good for 35-40% of our defensive snaps. The great thing there is, with Ware as a rush-end we can still have Carpenter (and hopefully Burnett) on the field. The rest of the time, I'd probably have Carpenter and Ellis share time. Or, if the coaching staff feels James isn't making improvement, replace him and have both players out there all the time.

Frozen700

Reaction score
austintodallas;1301820 said:
If Bobby continues to show promise in the offseason he should take over full time at 3-4 OLB. He looked really good to me...big, fast, and around the ball.

Save Ellis for DE pass rush on the nickel. Plays to his strength and less wear and tear on him after the injury. We can probably squeeze another couple seasons out of him in this role.

hmmmmmmm good idea:)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Unless we add someone signifcant to the front seven, I'd start Carpenter at LOLB, bring Ellis in to rush from the nickel and put Carp in James' MLB spot in the nickel.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1301838 said:
Unless we add someone signifcant to the front seven, I'd start Carpenter at LOLB, bring Ellis in to rush from the nickel and put Carp in James' MLB spot in the nickel.
Perfect.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good question but maybe we ought to wait and see if Ellis is even coming back. Before the injury I was pretty convinced it was just a matter of time until Carp took over for him.

superpunk

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1301838 said:
Who do we get to play James' position in the 3-4?

*Please don't say James*

Frozen700

Reaction score
superpunk;1301847 said:

*Please don't say James*

damn u guys hate james that bad? i kno he gets roasted sumtimes lol but comon

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1301856 said:

Sometimes?

He doesnt meet any RBs at the LOS on top of his blown coverage.

Did we mention how slow he is?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Everything beind said about James is true, FOR THIS YEAR. He played very well last season. What has happened to him? Did he just get lazy after signing his contract? If that's it, it can be corrected. If not, he'll play himself our of the league.

superpunk

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1301856 said:

Watching the defense all year, it is clear where a HUGE problem on defense was. It started with their leader. There was consistenly a monstrous hole in any zone we played dropping the ILBs. Either they weren't deep enough, or the were too deep. Either way, the opposition was almost always assured 15 yards.

I think it was obvious who Newman's earlier comments about talk and not performing were directed at.

Hearing Jon Kitna say that at some times, #56 looks lost out there, doesn't exactly get me all warm about the guy.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
superpunk;1301847 said:

*Please don't say James*

Like I said, unless we add someone significant to the front seven, I think James starts again. I just don't think he should play in the nickel. According to STATS, he allowed the second-most pass completions on the team -- and he's an inside linebacker.

superpunk

Reaction score
Star4Ever;1301864 said:
Everything beind said about James is true, FOR THIS YEAR. He played very well last season. What has happened to him? Did he just get lazy after signing his contract? If that's it, it can be corrected. If not, he'll play himself our of the league.

It's absolutely possible he ahd a down year. Some guys have a hard time handling the pressure once they get paid. I loved the guy in 05, and don't want to jump off the bandwagon yet, but none of that changes how awful he was. I hope it was just a down year, responsing to the pressure of that contract.