Big Maliek

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Man I hope this guy can finally stay healthy I mean it’s a contract year and all, you know our fans love to see our own get paid... But seriously expecting a big year for this dude.

Over/Under 7 Sacks?

If healthy all year I can see 8, he had 5 his rookie season...

Assuming he stays healthy and balls out, what kind of money would he command? $12K plus per is my guess..
I say under on the sacks, but the story will be QB pressures, of which he will eclipse 10.

quickccc

Reaction score
Cowboys are not going to re-sign Maliek, it's a reason why Cowboys drafted Trysten Hill in the 2nd round.
it's been a year to year basis waiting for him to be a difference making player.
he'll start out fast, and at some point will wear down and get hurt down the stretch.

And it's always been issues with his wheels. - Foot break, leg, ankle, quad, etc,

Maliek has the tools. He has adequate size (310) has terrific get off and first step off the ball, and he plays with his pads low.
He used to have the same issue that Hill is currently having with being on the ground too often and mislocating the ball in traffic.
But he's improved technically over the years and become that much stronger. injury and inconsistency has plagued him over
a career. His big moments comes in spots and flashes vs playing at an all pro level for an entire season.

I actually thought he would serve the team better as a rotational type, in a effort to preserve his durability.
He wouldn't have to take as much wear and tear toll.
With David Irving gone now, he's clearly the most talented DT we have on the DL.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys are not going to re-sign Maliek, it's a reason why Cowboys drafted Trysten Hill in the 2nd round.
it's been a year to year basis waiting for him to be a difference making player.
he'll start out fast, and at some point will wear down and get hurt down the stretch.

And it's always been issues with his wheels. - Foot break, leg, ankle, quad, etc,

Maliek has the tools. He has adequate size (310) has terrific get off and first step off the ball, and he plays with his pads low.
He used to have the same issue that Hill is currently having with being on the ground too often and mislocating the ball in traffic.
But he's improved technically over the years and become that much stronger. injury and inconsistency has plagued him over
a career. His big moments comes in spots and flashes vs playing at an all pro level for an entire season.

I actually thought he would serve the team better as a rotational type, in a effort to preserve his durability.
He wouldn't have to take as much wear and tear toll.
With David Irving gone now, he's clearly the most talented DT we have on the DL.

Problem is that Trystin Hill is looking like the Bobby Carpenter of DTs.

quickccc

Reaction score
Problem is that Trystin Hill is looking like the Bobby Carpenter of DTs.

it's only preseason, and its only his rookie year. I think some fans impatiently expect young players to be All pro the minute they get off the bus and
refuse to give them adequate time to develop.

It could be next year before the lights start to come on for Hill coming from a small school, having playing time issues with his coaches (reportedly tried to transfer but was denied by CFcoaches)
and having to adjust and learn the trenches game, speed and competition level of the NFL, etc.
Some players just develop slower (or faster) than others. And you cannot rush a learning process.

In fact, I'm already preparing myself that Hill could be so raw and far underdeveloped that it's a chance that he could be made game day inactive for part of the season.
But in year 2, it could be a totally day and night different.

For now, lets see how Hill is by preseasons end, and if he does manage to get significant snaps during the season, lets see what he is by regular season's end.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
it's only preseason, and its only his rookie year. I think some fans impatiently expect young players to be All pro the minute they get off the bus and
refuse to give them adequate time to develop.

It could be next year before the lights start to come on for Hill coming from a small school, having playing time issues with his coaches (reportedly tried to transfer but was denied by CFcoaches)
and having to adjust and learn the trenches game, speed and competition level of the NFL, etc.
Some players just develop slower (or faster) than others. And you cannot rush a learning process.

In fact, I'm already preparing myself that Hill could be so raw and far underdeveloped that it's a chance that he could be made game day inactive for part of the season.
But in year 2, it could be a totally day and night different.

For now, lets see how Hill is by preseasons end, and if he does manage to get significant snaps during the season, lets see what he is by regular season's end.

My issue with him is he didn't look very good in college and he doesn't look very good in the pro's so far either.

He was a reach too.

With Vander Esch, he was a stud linebacker that for some reason people wanted to ignore, and also had the off the charts measurables to go with it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Garrett's got to believe he's fighting for his coaching life this year. He isn't phasing anyone in or out unless Jones forces him to.
Agreed.
Garretts record speaks for itself, i just hope Garrett gets hired by another NFL team as HC; one less opponent to worry about .