Big Mike’s leadership sends the right message this offseason

ghst187

Reaction score
I agree, MM screams “coaching competence” and that alone changes the entire dynamic and set of expectations around here.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Ok...But Serious question for you: Would all of these things have happened even if Jason Garrett were still HC?

willM has been running the draft board for years.

This isn’t Seattle. The HC here doesn’t decide who stays and goes.

don’t believe it? Go ask Mr. Jones.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
willM has been running the draft board for years.

This isn’t Seattle. The HC here doesn’t decide who stays and goes.

don’t believe it? Go ask Mr. Jones.
I understand that. And thank god for Will McClay. But you didn’t answer the question- would these changes have happened if Garrett were still HC?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I just for once in the past 10 years want to see a man act like a man on the sideline. Garrett dodged so many confrontations its ridiculous. Always leaning on the (captains)

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I understand that. And thank god for Will McClay. But you didn’t answer the question- would these changes have happened if Garrett were still HC?

let’s see some wins first.

there’s plenty of anointing oil to go around.

I think WillM has done an outstanding job selecting players.

he’s done an excellent job for a while now.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
let’s see some wins first.

there’s plenty of anointing oil to go around.

I think WillM has done an outstanding job selecting players.

he’s done an excellent job for a while now.
Quote from the last paragraph of the OP:
“I like what Big Mike’s leadership has brought to this team so far. It’s way too early to declare him a success before we’ve even had a single game. But the message being sent about talent and competition is a good start to a new era.”

I agree MM hasn’t done anything yet. Just saying he’s had some influence in the culture that’s a step in the right direction.
Btw...you still never answered the question, “Would all this have happened with Garrett still the HC?

Oneiros

Reaction score
What interest? He almost went undrafted......
Browns, Bears, and the Patriots had multiple calls with him as well.

Also, it was talked about during the post draft press conference that the reason they drafted him was because they felt they were going to lose him as a UDFA since there was a lot of interest in him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Browns, Bears, and the Patriots had multiple calls with him as well.

Also, it was talked about during the post draft press conference that the reason they drafted him was because they felt they were going to lose him as a UDFA since there was a lot of interest in him.
Why didn’t they draft him?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Signing Dalton told Dak either sign before the season starts or we're ready to ride a cheaper option for 16 games while you rot on your couch.
Jerry's already gambled by firing jimmy Johnson and letting 500 coaches coach the Cowboys and it failed. He's not going to repeat history with his franchise QB.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Quote from the last paragraph of the OP:
“I like what Big Mike’s leadership has brought to this team so far. It’s way too early to declare him a success before we’ve even had a single game. But the message being sent about talent and competition is a good start to a new era.”

I agree MM hasn’t done anything yet. Just saying he’s had some influence in the culture that’s a step in the right direction.
Btw...you still never answered the question, “Would all this have happened with Garrett still the HC?

You mean the draft? Probably. MM got here in Jan. WillM has probably been building that board since last Summer.