Big Mike looks a lot happier and confident this year

J_Allen

Reaction score
The cap played a huge part in it and what was up was the Cowboys let everyone know if they couldn’t trade Cooper they would release him. No one’s going to give up a premium pick if a player is going to be released. The guy we got was drafted in the third not the fifth and we’ll just have to see how he turns out. The Cowboys will be keeping their fingers crossed for the next several months hoping the moving on from Cooper doesn’t blow up in their face. They’ve never been real good at evaluating their receiving corp we found that out in 2018. They claimed they were very confident with the receivers they were entering the season with. Didn’t take long for that to change. Lol

I was referring to the player we got in the fifth in exchange for cooper. Supposedly he's got potential.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There was zero market for him. The only team who was willing to give up anything was Cleveland. Why would you wait until he's released when you have an opportunity to snag him for, say a 3rd rounder? Someone that talented is easily worth it. There was no market there because there are things we don't know about.

You don’t seem to get that no one wanted to trade for him because he was going to be released and is making a lot of money. The Cowboys have received plenty of criticism for moving on from him from those who know football. All the coverage is going to roll over to CeeDee and he better step up. He only had one catch in the playoffs. If you want to keep arguing this go ahead but I’ve given my opinion. It’s obvious you’re one of those who wanted to move on from Cooper. We could spend all evening on this and your opinion isn’t going to change.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was referring to the player we got in the fifth in exchange for cooper. Supposedly he's got potential.

We need the receiver we got in the third to pay dividends this season. We’re going to start the season with only one of our top four receivers from last year.

J_Allen

Reaction score
You don’t seem to get that no one wanted to trade for him because he was going to be released and is making a lot of money. The Cowboys have received plenty of criticism for moving on from him from those who know football. All the coverage is going to roll over to CeeDee and he better step up. He only had one catch in the playoffs. If you want to keep arguing this go ahead but I’ve given my opinion. It’s obvious you’re one of those who wanted to move on from Cooper. We could spend all evening on this and your opinion isn’t going to change.

But why let him hit the market and run the risk of getting into a bidding war when you can trade for him?

Nobody wanted to take him because of his salary, work ethic, and attitude.

J_Allen

Reaction score
We need the receiver we got in the third to pay dividends this season. We’re going to start the season with only one of our top four receivers from last year.

Are you seriously worried? This team has plenty of weapons. We don't need three #1 receivers. You can't do that when you have a salary cap anyway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But why let him hit the market and run the risk of getting into a bidding war when you can trade for him?

Nobody wanted to take him because of his salary, work ethic, and attitude.

Premium draft picks are precious and you still have to be able to sign him. No one wants to give up a premium pick and only have him for maybe one or two seasons. WR money is sky rocketing like QB money.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you seriously worried? This team has plenty of weapons. We don't need three #1 receivers. You can't do that when you have a salary cap anyway.

You sound like Stephen Jones entering the 2018 season. He said the same thing we don’t need a number one receiver. Lol We lost a couple of big weapons in Cooper and Wilson. I don’t see our offense leading the league this year.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Premium draft picks are precious and you still have to be able to sign him. No one wants to give up a premium pick and only have him for maybe one or two seasons. WR money is sky rocketing like QB money.

Yeah but if a team is one receiver away and they have a good quarterback, he's all they need to put them over the edge. That's worth a first rounder. Nobody wanted him.

You don't ever let a receiver of his talent hit the open market unless there are some major red flags.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah but if a team is one receiver away and they have a good quarterback, he's all they need to put them over the edge. That's worth a first rounder. Nobody wanted him.

You don't ever let a receiver of his talent hit the open market unless there are some major red flags.

We’ll revisit this during the season if things start going wrong at WR.

J_Allen

Reaction score
You sound like Stephen Jones entering the 2018 season. He said the same thing we don’t need a number one receiver. Lol We lost a couple of big weapons in Cooper and Wilson. I don’t see our offense leading the league this year.

Remember how much better we were after Dez Bryant went down injured? I think it was Dak's rookie year. We spread the ball around because we had plenty of weapons. We'll do the same thing this season.

As soon as he came back our offense went to ****...

J_Allen

Reaction score
The last thing any quarterback needs is a primadonna wide receiver pissing and moaning that he's not getting the ball. How about get open and you'll get the ball. Or how about the line gives the quarterback enough time to find the open receiver. Either way, is not the quarterback's fault so keep your mouth shut.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Remember how much better we were after Dez Bryant went down injured? I think it was Dak's rookie year. We spread the ball around because we had plenty of weapons. We'll do the same thing this season.

As soon as he came back our offense went to ****...

During Dak’s rookie year we were running team. Everything revolved around Zeke. We’re a pass happy team now. Our OL isn’t half as good as it was in 2016.

J_Allen

Reaction score
During Dak’s rookie year we were running team. Everything revolved around Zeke. We’re a pass happy team now. Our OL isn’t half as good as it was in 2016.

That is correct. We never have been the same after losing Ronald Leary. That left guard spot has been a major weakness. And then of course we lost Frederick. Also Tyron Smith is now always injured.

Left guard has been the main culprit. We couldn't get any push and we had so many plays negated due to penalties.