Big mistake not playing Henson more last year.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
When the season started going with Grampaverde was the right choice. He was a vet and Henson was a rook and had not played in 3 years. But as the season went on and it became real obvious that the chances of this team goin to the playoffs were less then a one legged man winning a *** kicking contest then Parcells should have gotten Henson at least some 4th quarter time. He also should have started Henson in the last game and let him play the whole game.

Those 5 or 10 minutes in those 4th quarters would have added up and gained him GAME TIME experience. I said this last year that Henson needed some playing time cuz he will only learn so much on the sidelines and he was where he needed GAME TIME to get better.

Well Henson got game time against the Cards. He wasn't great but he played better then everyone thought he would. With what he was given he did good. He then had a good practice on Monday.

I really think if Henson had gotten some 4th quarter time later last season he would have been further along then he is now.

I just hope that if Bledsoe is a repeat of Vinny that BP will not make that same mistake again. If things are looking real bad still around game 6 then BP needs to work Henson into some 4th quarter time and build him up to starting later.

Eddie

Reaction score
But according to BP, at 6-9, we still have hopes for the playoffs and playing VT gave us the best chance to win ... (rolls eyes).

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eddie said:
But according to BP, at 6-9, we still have hopes for the playoffs and playing VT gave us the best chance to win ... (rolls eyes).

BP made some very poor gametime decisions as well. I agree he kept Vinnie in far too long. Henson, or Romo would have and should have gained much needed experience.

Ego.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If things are going as bad this year as last, I don't think you'll have to worry about Parcells. ;)

Gordon

Reaction score
I completely agree. I was screaming for Henson to play at the end of last year and I think it would've gone a long way coming into this year.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
No disrespect but I'll go with Bill Parcells opinion over yours. I can't imagine a situation which relates to the NFL in which I would take your opinion over BP.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs said:
No disrespect but I'll go with Bill Parcells opinion over yours. I can't imagine a situation which relates to the NFL in which I would take your opinion over BP.

So even though we were totally outta the playoffs in the last game last year you would still let Testicleverde take ever snap instead of giving maybe 1/2 the game each to both Romo and Henson and get them some seriously needed REAL GAME TIME!

BP is a great coach but that dont mean he is right all the time. His 6-10 record is proof of that.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells made the right call. Henson would have been violated and abused. He's not ready.

parchy

Reaction score
Nors said:
Parcells made the right call. Henson would have been violated and abused. He's not ready.

And he will continue to be violated and abused unless he gets regular season playing time (i.e. playing when it matters).

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
When the season started going with Grampaverde was the right choice. He was a vet and Henson was a rook and had not played in 3 years. But as the season went on and it became real obvious that the chances of this team goin to the playoffs were less then a one legged man winning a *** kicking contest then Parcells should have gotten Henson at least some 4th quarter time. He also should have started Henson in the last game and let him play the whole game.

Those 5 or 10 minutes in those 4th quarters would have added up and gained him GAME TIME experience. I said this last year that Henson needed some playing time cuz he will only learn so much on the sidelines and he was where he needed GAME TIME to get better.

Well Henson got game time against the Cards. He wasn't great but he played better then everyone thought he would. With what he was given he did good. He then had a good practice on Monday.

I really think if Henson had gotten some 4th quarter time later last season he would have been further along then he is now.

I just hope that if Bledsoe is a repeat of Vinny that BP will not make that same mistake again. If things are looking real bad still around game 6 then BP needs to work Henson into some 4th quarter time and build him up to starting later.

I agree, Wolverine. A few minutes here and there would have been a good thing. I don't think his confidence would have been destroyed by getting some playing time after we knew the season was lost as far as the playoffs were concerned.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wolverine said:
Big mistake not playing Henson more last year.
That is something many of us comp0lained about last year during the season. Very frustrating that he didn't get a series or two each game down the stretch. We had NOTHING to lose.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
noshame said:
If things are going as bad this year as last, I don't think you'll have to worry about Parcells. ;)

me either...I really think that barring a huge rash of injuries, Jones wont stick with Parcells if we finish 5-6-7 wins

David

scotth66

Reaction score
LeonDixson said:
I agree, Wolverine. A few minutes here and there would have been a good thing. I don't think his confidence would have been destroyed by getting some playing time after we knew the season was lost as far as the playoffs were concerned.
If Hensons pysche couldnt stand a quarter here or there of abuse or the last game then we need to know NOW and get another QB. It WAS a MISTAKE NOT to play him some last year. Its not like he was Aikman in his rookie year getting abused for 15 games!! *** BP made a HUGE mistake not getting him SOME playing time!!

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
That is something many of us comp0lained about last year during the season. Very frustrating that he didn't get a series or two each game down the stretch. We had NOTHING to lose.

It does bite that he did not get to run at least a few drives after it the season was going nowhere. Those few drives in those games and maybe more time in the last games woulda put him further ahead for this year.

Now BP has a QB that has great talent but is not much further along then last year cuz he was to busy wasting time on that idiot Testicleverde.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I don't think there is a doubt about it...Henson should have played more.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
I trusted Parcells' judgement until the last game, when we were out of the playoffs. The quick Bledsoe signing proved that Parcells never intended to give Henson a shot at the starting job this season. And that's fine. But now we're into another season with a pair of backups who posses little/no real game experience. I'm hoping Henson develops like Delhomme- everybody's "one that got away." He marinated on the bench for several seasons in New Orleans while getting progressively better each preseason. When he finally got his shot, he was ready.