Big Pretty Lies

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Wife saw all the hoopla on this show with the emmys and asked if we could watch it. We have watched 3 of the first season and have to say it is good so far. Of course, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are A list actors and with good writing these actors pull it off. And the writing is exception. It is a drama however Witherspoons character is entertaining and comical. Not sure how the season ends but so far I would say it is very entertaining.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Wife saw all the hoopla on this show with the emmys and asked if we could watch it. We have watched 3 of the first season and have to say it is good so far. Of course, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman are A list actors and with good writing these actors pull it off. And the writing is exception. It is a drama however Witherspoons character is entertaining and comical. Not sure how the season ends but so far I would say it is very entertaining.
My wife and I loved the show. The ending is wild.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Better than The Leftovers?
No. Different genres, different formats.

The Leftovers is a series, whereas Big Little Lies is an 8-part mini-series.

The Leftovers is more profound, has you thinking more, and it's final season is one of the best in the history of television, imo. Big Little Lies is just a tightly acted, well-scripted/written story. Meant to just enjoy, and requires very little critical thinking.

Still, Joey, I highly recommend it. Very, very well made series, all around, brother.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Big Little Lies? It was great and they are talking a season 2, though they should leave it alone. Started watching the Deuce and waiting on Westworld.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Fin8shed big little lies. Great ending. Don't know how they can pick it up for season 2.

Started watching the leftovers. Finished episode 3. Man is it dark. Not sure if I will stay with it, it is depressing. For some reason, I am thinking of starting to smoke tho. Jk, those people make smoking look as disgusting as it is tho.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Fin8shed big little lies. Great ending. Don't know how they can pick it up for season 2.

Started watching the leftovers. Finished episode 3. Man is it dark. Not sure if I will stay with it, it is depressing. For some reason, I am thinking of starting to smoke tho. Jk, those people make smoking look as disgusting as it is tho.
Its greatness lies in the series as whole. No single season stands on its own merits. Episodes do. But not seasons.

Until you get to season three. Then you're watching art unfold before your eyes.