Biggems' 1st post-Hardy mock

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Believe me, this is the very first mock I have him in. I only drafted him because of his versatility. He can play in the box or drop back in coverage with ease. He can also be a ST beast.

I was having a hard time deciding between OO, Preston Smith, and Eli Harold for our 1st rounder.......but none of them offered the ability in the secondary that I was looking for. They are more "in the box" types.

This is my rational for the pick.

That was my reply to the question about a running back since Thompson played a dual role at UW.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Not a big fan of first two rounds, if they are going linebacker I'd rather it be a trade down and get one of Anthony, McKinney or Perryman. If they go olineman second rounder I would prefer Daryl Williams, though I'd rather them wait until round four to get one. Mitch Morse would be ideal as he has position flex.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I have to laugh at these "post-Hardy" mocks. As if that signing should change anything. It's a one year deal with tag protection. It shouldn't have any factor whatsoever in the draft.

"Post-Hardy" means draft for immediate need.

I tend to agree. If anything, maybe Hardy relieves just a little bit of pressure to grab a DE early(1-2), but that's it. But I'd have no problem whatsoever if they went DL with both 1st & 2nd round picks. Both Hardy and Mincey will be free agents after the 2015 season. Already having a talented DE in place with a year's experience to pair with Lawrence would be huge heading to the 2016 season.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Not a big fan of first two rounds, if they are going linebacker I'd rather it be a trade down and get one of Anthony, McKinney or Perryman. If they go olineman second rounder I would prefer Daryl Williams, though I'd rather them wait until round four to get one. Mitch Morse would be ideal as he has position flex.

if we go LB early, hopefully it's Kendricks. Immediate 3 down player.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Agreed. Hardy's 1-year contract should not impact our priorities one bit.

visionary

Reaction score
I still go front 7 first 2 rounds where we are likely to have BPA meet need and value

Macnalty

Reaction score
Believe me, this is the very first mock I have him in. I only drafted him because of his versatility. He can play in the box or drop back in coverage with ease. He can also be a ST beast.

I was having a hard time deciding between OO, Preston Smith, and Eli Harold for our 1st rounder.......but none of them offered the ability in the secondary that I was looking for. They are more "in the box" types.

This is my rational for the pick.

I am still in the OO, Goldman, or Preston Smith liferaft cannot make the leap to the shaq man. I also see some CB's coming our way.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I have to laugh at these "post-Hardy" mocks. As if that signing should change anything. It's a one year deal with tag protection. It shouldn't have any factor whatsoever in the draft.

"Post-Hardy" means draft for immediate need.

We have Lawrence and Hardy right now. In my mock, we get Za'Darius Smith. Next year, we can add one or two more DEs. I fully understand that Hardy will be a one year stop gap, similar to Ro Mc.

I would be ok with taking a DE instead of Shaq Thompson.....if so, I take Preston Smith. To be honest, there are 5 DEs I really like in this draft. Preston Smith, Mario Edwards Jr., Za'Darius Smith, Anthony Chickillo, and Henry Anderson.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I also have this mock in my head

1 - DE Preston Smith

trade our 2nd for a 3rd and 4th

3 - WR Phillip Dorsett

3 - OT Ali Marpet

4 - DE Za'Darius Smith

4 - CB/S Eric Rowe

5 - CB Justin Cox

7 - OLB Sage Harold

7 - OT Takoby Cofield

The Realist

Reaction score
My prediction is that McFadden will be better in 2015 than most or possibly all rookie RBs.

McFadden's pass protection skills alone will keep him on the roster. His Pass Pro skills are better than Murray's.

He is a great fit in the Cowboys Zone Scheme.

It's not difficult to see that he is not the RB that you want if you have a bad OLine like the situation with the Raiders. Murray wouldn't be good in that situation either.

Ryan Williams college game footage is better than many of the RBs in this draft.

Heck, even Joseph Randle's college game footage compares favorably to several of the RBs rated as 2nd/3rd rounders in this draft.

The only surefire upgrade at RB in this draft for the Cowboys is Todd Gurley.

Perhaps we should just trade McFadde for Gordon, Randle for Coleman, and Williams for Ajayi. I'm sure the teams that draft them will be all for it since the RB's we have are better.

If Randle Williams and McFadden were in this they wouldn't even sniff the 3rd round.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perhaps we should just trade McFadde for Gordon, Randle for Coleman, and Williams for Ajayi. I'm sure the teams that draft them will be all for it since the RB's we have are better.

If Randle Williams and McFadden were in this they wouldn't even sniff the 3rd round.

The value of draft picks is that they are young and their contracts are cheap. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

If somehow the 2014 version of McFadden could have replaced Gordon for the 2014 season, he likely would have had similar or better results.

If the college version of Ryan Williams could have replaced Ajayi for the 2014 season, he likely would have had similar or better results.

The Realist

Reaction score
The value of draft picks is that they are young and their contracts are cheap. It's not an apples-to-apples comparison.

If somehow the 2014 version of McFadden could have replaced Gordon for the 2014 season, he likely would have had similar or better results.

If the college version of Ryan Williams could have replaced Ajayi for the 2014 season, he likely would have had similar or better results.

K