Biggems Final Mock (perhaps)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
here are some other versions of my mock that I contemplated prior to the one I posted....

Trade #22 to Jets for #25 and #89
Trade #25 to Dolphins for #40 and #60

(2) 40 - WR Anthony Gonzalez Ohio St
(2) 53 - FS Eric Weddle Utah
(2) 60 - OLB Brian Robison Texas
(3) 87 - OG Andy Alleman Akron
(3) 89 - ILB Zak DeOssie Brown
(4) 122 - OT Allen Barbre Missouri Southern
(5) 159 - CB Usama Young Kent St.
(6) 195 - DT LaRon Harris Northwestern Oklahoma St
(6) 200 - FB Le'Ron McClain Alabama
(7) 212 - C Dustin Fry Clemson
(7) 234 - CB Geoffrey Pope Howard
(7) 237 - QB Justin Rascati James Madison

Trade #25 to Bucs for #35 and #64

(2) 35 - OG Justin Blalock Texas
(2) 64 - OLB Brian Robison Texas
(3) 87 - CB Michael Coe Alabama St
(4) 122 - OT Allen Barbre Missouri Southern
(5) 159 - RB Michael Bush Louisville

Trade #25 to Bucs for #35 and #64

(2) 35 - OT Tony Ugoh Arkansas
(2) 64 - OLB Brian Robison Texas
(3) 87 - OG Manny Ramirez Texas Tech
(4) 122 - WR Paul Williams Fresno St.
(5) 159 - CB Usama Young Kent St.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I don't like mocks w/o a 1st round pick, but w/ saying that, I like some of the choices you've made biggems, if we trade out of the 1st, I would much rather us receive a 1st in next year's draft and a 2nd in this year's

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Well I think this year it is ok to trade out of the first...if my mock were to happen and these players panned out...our depth would be unreal at every position except TE.

Then in 2008, we could simply draft where we are, possibly even do like you said....trade picks for future picks.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1462566 said:
The FA you speak of came "dirt cheap" and for only one season so there must be some confidence in Watkins.

Interviews? They've interviewed many prospects-- big deal.

Right now there are 5 safties on the roster... how many you want--10? 12?

You're right that FA did come dirt cheap which means IF we brought in another guy and Hamlin didn't show too much in camp then we could cut him without having too big of a loss. And there wouldn't be more than 5 safeties on the roster if we drafted one because someone would get cut. Why would I want 10 or 12 safeties on the team?

As far as the interviews it at least shows that they probably still have some interest in upgrading the position. Sure, it could be a smoke screen and they want people to think they're going FS in Rd 1 but theres also a possibility that the interest is real.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;1463007 said:
Well I think this year it is ok to trade out of the first...if my mock were to happen and these players panned out...our depth would be unreal at every position except TE.

Then in 2008, we could simply draft where we are, possibly even do like you said....trade picks for future picks.

idk, just something about 2 1st round picks gets me a tingling feeling inside

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Biggems;1462947 said:
So why cant we have Roy, Hamlin, Watkins, Weddle, and either Elam or Davis as our safeties...

honestly, what is wrong with having talent coming off our bench?

I havent completely finalized my mock.....

I actually had 4 different versions of this mock in my head with various other players like G/T Justin Blalock, OT Tony Ugoh, OG Manny Ramirez, OG Andy Alleman, WR Anthony Gonzalez, CB Usama Young, and RB Michael Bush all making at least one appearance in one of the 4 mocks.

However, Weddle, Robison, DeOssie, Fry and McClain are mainstays on all 4 mocks.
I would love to see these two worked in there somehow. I really do think that we'll move down in the draft, but I'd like to stay in the 1st round. Of course, if we get an offer we couldn't refuse, as my current mock reflects, we should listen....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
im with ya 5mics

I would love to find a way to get all of these players

OFFENSE
QB Justin Rascati - good-bye Matt Baker
RB Michael Bush - good-bye Tyson Thompson
FB Le'Ron McClain - I like Oliver Hoyte, but McClain is more versatile
WR Anthony Gonzalez - 6 WRs make the roster this year
C Dustin Fry - massive backup for AG
OG Justin Blalock - can play RT, RG, LG, LT...probably even center (excelled at LT while at UT)
OT Allen Barbre - teams have fallen in love with this guy, supposedly Dallas including

DEFENSE
DT Paul Soliai or LaRon Harris - 2 massive DTs, that could give Fergy a much needed breather
OLB Brian Robison - surpassed Ross as my fave player in this draft....I want him in Big D
ILB Zak DeOssie - He needs to know what his dad knows, the Star rules
FS Eric Weddle - BALLHAWK...look at his stats
CB Michael Coe or Usama Young - 2 young, promising prospects....I'll take either one
CB Geoffrey Pope - a late round blazer (4.29)...KR ability...Nickel, Dime, and Prevent CB....

VACowboy

Reaction score
I worked out a double trade down too, and targeted some of the same players you did. The prob with your trades is that they'll never happen.

#22 == 780

#25 == 720
#89 == 145
---

The difference is a top-10 fourth-round pick.

#40 == 510
#60 == 300
---

Make that two.

Dallas and its fans aren't the only people who know this draft is deep. It's gonna be tough finding anyone who wants to trade down in the first round, let alone teams in the 18-32 range, let alone with teams not offering equal value. Who's gonna be there at #22 and #25 that would entice NO and Miami to make those deals?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
VACowboy;1463302 said:
I worked out a double trade down too, and targeted some of the same players you did. The prob with your trades is that they'll never happen.

#22 == 780

#25 == 720
#89 == 145
---

The difference is a top-10 fourth-round pick.

#40 == 510
#60 == 300
---

Make that two.

Dallas and its fans aren't the only people who know this draft is deep. It's gonna be tough finding anyone who wants to trade down in the first round, let alone teams in the 18-32 range, let alone with teams not offering equal value. Who's gonna be there at #22 and #25 that would entice NO and Miami to make those deals?

True.

The problem is some fans hit the Dallas Cowboys Koolaid a bit too hard this time of year and mistakingly think all other teams will bend over just because they are the Cowboys.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1463304 said:
True.

The problem is some fans hit the Dallas Cowboys Koolaid a bit too hard this time of year and mistakingly think all other teams will bend over just because they are the Cowboys.

Winicki where is your mock? please post one so we can all criticize you the way you constantly criticize the rest of us....all you do is insult everyone else's mock, yet I haven't seen a mock from you in the past week or two. Hell, even when I used the points value for my trades you were critical....in fact you are nothing but critical in every thread you post....and I thought I was Mr. Negativity....but you sir, take the cake. Now, if you will excuse me, I must get back to my Blue and Silver Kool-Aid....it is so refreshing on this warm day....

VACowboy I get what you are saying....a while back I did the whole trade down scenario and even used the pick value system for my trades. I also understand several teams will be coveting the players we covet. However, I am a Cowboys homer and thus, I designed my mock to benefit us. Also, I looked at several mocks and tried to get the players as close to the average value of other mocks as possible. The biggest problem is when a few mocks have a player first day, and other mocks have him in the 5th or 6th round.....makes it difficult to make an accurate projection on those players.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;1463326 said:
Winicki where is your mock? please post one so we can all criticize you the way you constantly criticize the rest of us....all you do is insult everyone else's mock, yet I haven't seen a mock from you in the past week or two. Hell, even when I used the points value for my trades you were critical....in fact you are nothing but critical in every thread you post....and I thought I was Mr. Negativity....but you sir, take the cake. Now, if you will excuse me, I must get back to my Blue and Silver Kool-Aid....it is so refreshing on this warm day....

Oh Biggems... now you've hurt my feelings. :)

If I didn't have to go out shopping with my wife I'd give you a longer reply but so be it.

VACowboy

Reaction score
If ya want a semi-realistic double trade out of the first round for 2007 picks...

Trade #22 to San Diego for #30, #93 in round three and #167 in round five. Trade #30 and #195 in the sixth round to New Oreleans for #36 in the second, #103 in the fourth and #140 in the fifth.

That gives us...

Second: #36, #53

Third: #87, #93

Fourth: #103, #122

Fifth: #140, #159, #167

Sixth: #200

Seventh: #212, #234, #237

The picks fall something like this...

36) Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
53) Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
87) Brian Robison, LB, Texas
93) Allen Barbre, OT, Missouri Southern St.
103) Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
122) Lorenzo Booker, RB, FSU
140) Anthony Waters, LB, Klempsuhn
159) Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama
167) Walter Thomas, NT, NW Mississippi C.C.
200) Kyle Young, C, Fresno St.
212) Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada
234) Jake Kuresa, G, BYU
237) Anthony Pudwell, TE, Nevada

Some of those picks may be a little off, but I think they're pretty realistic. Blalock, Booker and Waters may be a little wishful thinking. Higgins too. Thomas is a community college project but with his freak size and athleticism, I think he'll be long gone by #200. #159 may actually be too late for McClain. He's the best FB in the draft. I would absolutely love to see Weddle and DeOssie on the roster, but I couldn't get them in. We need a cover corner more than we need a safety, I think. Waters is a nice consolation at ILB in the 5th, if he's there. Could always take DeOssie in the third and snag Jay Moore later. Pudwell is a hell of a blocker and has good hands.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Biggems;1463326 said:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85807

I shall end this in a very adult and grown-up way...

"So there."

:D

Wimbo

Reaction score
Biggems;1463326 said:

I see the problem... you think "Michael" here is a first name, thus it is a guy posting. In that case, your arguement makes a lot of sense. However, when you realize that Wini Michael is a girl who thinks Winnie the Pooh is icky, then you will see that you are trying to rationalize with a girl... Common mistake, and an easy trap to fall into - given all the negativity and smugness her posts contain. The best thing to do is just drop a :) into your reply post, and nod knowingly at the other men in the room.

C'mon... nothing is cuter than a chick pretending to talk football.

;)