Biggems Wishful Mock

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
This is how I wish our draft could go....based on where we pick and how these players are listed value-wise in the several mock sites I have viewed.

This draft is about speed and versatility

2 - DE/DT Jarron Gilbert
3 - C Eric Wood
4 - OLB Jason Williams
4 - DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury
5 - DT Sammie Lee Hill
5 - OLB/SS Jonathan Casillas (great for Nickel/Dime and STs)
5 - ILB Daniel Holtzclaw
6 - WR Johnny Knox
7 - CB Brice McCain
7 - ILB/SS Spencer Adkins (great for Nickel/Dime and STs)
7 - OL Dallas Reynolds

Gilbert and Hill give us character, athleticism, and quality depth along the DL.

Sidbury and Williams are two great prospects to backup Ware and Spencer. Sidbury is a very intelligent player and Williams is a stud of an athlete. Another positive note, both seem to be high character guys.

Holtzclaw combines with Carpenter to give us depth behind James and Brookings.

Casillas and Adkins, while big enough to play LB, they have the speed and ability to play SS. They definitely give us depth in passing situations and on ST coverage.

McCain is a bit small, but he is a burner. He is a solid CB, even though Smith gets all the pub. I think he would help us with our Nickel and Dime coverages, as well as on ST coverage.

Wood and Reynolds can play multiple positions along the line. We need that kind of versatility in our reserves.

Knox is a burner. He has been productive at Abilene Christian. We already have 2 Texans on our WR corp, I say we add a 3rd.

UDFA
QB - Jason Boltus
FB - Javorski Lane
WR - Manuel Johnson
WR - Greg Carr
OT - Dan Gay
OT - Luis Valdez
OG - Steve Rehring
CB - Wopamo Osaisai

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Big Gems, I am gearing up for my nfl draft, what mocks drafts are you viewing, can you give me the links?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2689309 said:
Big Gems, I am gearing up for my nfl draft, what mocks drafts are you viewing, can you give me the links?

Dude, it's Biggems not Big Gems

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
sorry Biggems, links? i am aware of nfl draft blitz, sporting news war room, gbnreport, but i havent found too many with mock drafts of the full 7th rounds yet, so would appreciate it,

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2689315 said:
sorry Biggems, links? i am aware of nfl draft blitz, sporting news war room, gbnreport, but i havent found too many with mock drafts of the full 7th rounds yet, so would appreciate it,

BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1
hailredskins.com

both of them have an extensive draft database....with several sites you can look at.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
You know Jason Williams will probably be ILB right? Wouldnt mind him playing nickel ILB to replace Brooking and have Holtzclaw backup Bradie.

I really like the Eric Wood pick in the 3rd. He can play all 3 interior line positions. Him or either Antione Caldwell would be ideal choices for versitility.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
:lmao: :lmao2: You'll always be Big Gems now. :D

Biggems;2689310 said:

As for the mock, I'll take it.

PokerPro

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2689241 said:
This is how I wish our draft could go....based on where we pick and how these players are listed value-wise in the several mock sites I have viewed.

This draft is about speed and versatility

2 - DE/DT Jarron Gilbert
3 - C Eric Wood
4 - OLB Jason Williams
4 - DE/OLB Lawrence Sidbury
5 - DT Sammie Lee Hill
5 - OLB/SS Jonathan Casillas (great for Nickel/Dime and STs)
5 - ILB Daniel Holtzclaw
6 - WR Johnny Knox
7 - CB Brice McCain
7 - ILB/SS Spencer Adkins (great for Nickel/Dime and STs)
7 - OL Dallas Reynolds

Gilbert and Hill give us character, athleticism, and quality depth along the DL.

Sidbury and Williams are two great prospects to backup Ware and Spencer. Sidbury is a very intelligent player and Williams is a stud of an athlete. Another positive note, both seem to be high character guys.

Holtzclaw combines with Carpenter to give us depth behind James and Brookings.

Casillas and Adkins, while big enough to play LB, they have the speed and ability to play SS. They definitely give us depth in passing situations and on ST coverage.

McCain is a bit small, but he is a burner. He is a solid CB, even though Smith gets all the pub. I think he would help us with our Nickel and Dime coverages, as well as on ST coverage.

Wood and Reynolds can play multiple positions along the line. We need that kind of versatility in our reserves.

Knox is a burner. He has been productive at Abilene Christian. We already have 2 Texans on our WR corp, I say we add a 3rd.

UDFA
QB - Jason Boltus
FB - Javorski Lane
WR - Manuel Johnson
WR - Greg Carr
OT - Dan Gay
OT - Luis Valdez
OG - Steve Rehring
CB - Wopamo Osaisai

All I have to say is your avatar and sig are my 2 favorite women on T.V.!

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Outstanding, love the Wood pick in the 3rd but like Slate said he more than likely won't be there and Antione Caldwell would be good value there.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Goldenrichards83;2694857 said:
Outstanding, love the Wood pick in the 3rd but like Slate said he more than likely won't be there and Antione Caldwell would be good value there.

That is why it is wishful......at the end of the season Wood was no better than a late 5th....now he is probably a mid-late second.

All the players I wanted, were scattered throughout the rounds.....now many of them have moved themselves up into a tight bunch....it is so hard for me to choose who I would actually take out of the group.

I sure wish we had three 2nds like NE. Then, I would take Sean Smith or Duke Robinson....depending on which was still on the board, Jarron Gilbert, and Eric Wood. Or, if I was truly serious about upgrading the OL...Robinson, Meredith, and Wood all in the 2nd round. We would have 3 very solid OL reserves. We could then use the 3-7 to upgrade the defense. NE sure does have it nice with those 3 picks.....

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Looking at some rather terrible mocks here, this one seems to be the best out of all of them. If they replaced Casillas with Bomar and drafted your guys, I would be runnin down the street naked!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2694947 said:
Looking at some rather terrible mocks here, this one seems to be the best out of all of them. If they replaced Casillas with Bomar and drafted your guys, I would be runnin down the street naked!

I would rather replace Adkins w/McGee. Bomar is the more known talent, but there is something about his personality that worries me_got a little TO in him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Biggems;2694913 said:
But will you be laughing when you get teabagged by Big Gems?

This thread has quickly become one of my favorites. You are a hoot, man!
:lmao2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;2689310 said:

So, you're saying your gems aren't particularly big??

That may fall into the category of TMI...

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
Biggems;2694918 said:
Or, if I was truly serious about upgrading the OL...Robinson, Meredith, and Wood all in the 2nd round. We would have 3 very solid OL reserves. We could then use the 3-7 to upgrade the defense. NE sure does have it nice with those 3 picks.....
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I know this would never happen but what better way to take advantage of 3 stud runningbacks and you franchise QB. I could see Duke starting, Flozell cut after this year and Gurode taking his game to another level so Wood won't take his spot.