Biggest bust draft pick in your opinion(Past 5 years)?

1Ware1

Reaction score
I myself is going to go with Alex Smith QB San Fran.

His perfect wanderlict test isn't going to help him in the NFL.I can't see this guy being a viable backup.If he was to enter this years draft he might at best be a 4th round pick.I can remember the SanFran coach(Nolan)saying he wanted to put a face on the franchise.I myself fell that Schobel(ATL) or Charlie Frye(CLE) will turn out to have more prosperous career's than him

gbrittain

Reaction score
Little early to call the guy a bust dont you think. I would give that award to Charles Rogers as of right now.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

His perfect wanderlict test isn't going to help him in the NFL.I can't see this guy being a viable backup.If he was to enter this years draft he might at best be a 4th round pick.I can remember the SanFran coach(Nolan)saying he wanted to put a face on the franchise.I myself fell that Schobel(ATL) or Charlie Frye(CLE) will turn out to have more prosperous career's than him

Let's give that guy a chance........way too early IMO.

Cornish83

Reaction score
Well If you are talking about the biggest busts you should probably give a player 2-3 years to develop. Charles Rogers is a good pick but I think he could still be a good player IF he gets his act together. It just isnt fair to consider someone who has been in the league for 2-3 years a bust unless they are already out of the league.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
How can you say Alex Smith - after 1 year? playing on a crap team? come on.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

Good lord people... How many Number 1 overall QBs came out and lit the world on fire?? I guess Aikman was a bust too. First ballot HOF, 3 SBs, etc. etc. 1-15 first year though. Definitely a bust.

I think there should be a new rule, you can't label someone a bust until they've played in the league 4-5 years. So saying the biggest bust over the last 5 years would be pointless. Then we could do away with threads like this.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
1Ware1 said:

I l ike most so far go with Rogers..

That being said, Atlanta's backup QB is Matt Schaub not any of the Schobels

VirusX

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Jamal Lewis... doing drug deals on a cell phone... genius

Yup 2nd or 3rd best rushing season in history. Definate bust. :cool:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
My general thinking is that if a player is drafting in the top 10, they should be really good. If they are drafted in the top 5, they should be one of the best at their position. If they are drafted #1 overall, they should be one of the best players in the league.

Using that metric, I think all of the following players are busts:

#1 - Courtney Brown
#4 - Peter Warrick

#1 - Michael Vick
#3 - Gerard Warren
#8 - David Terrell
#10 - Jamal Reynolds

#3 - Joey Harrington
#4 - Mike Williams
#6 - Ryan Sims
#12 - Wendall Bryant

#2 - Charles Rogers
#6 - Jonathan Sullivan
#12 - Jimmy Kennedy

#6 - Kellen Winslow Jr.

I consider all of those players busts based on where they were drafted and the hype the received coming out of college.

Charles Rogers has been a big bust. So has Courtney Brown. Has Winslow Jr. played yet?

(Sidenote: It looks like the #6 spot it a rough place to be drafting)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some names to consider.

Freddie Mitchell
Derrick Gibson (Raiders)
Mike Williams(Buffalo)
Charles Rogers (Lions)
Calvin Pace (Cards)
Rashaun Woods (49ers)

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
The most pathetic has to be Courtney Brown and Gerrard Warren. The Gods must really be against you when the #1 and #3 pick are busts. The sad part is, they were pretty much consensus picks as best in their position, so whomever drafted them would've gotten bust players. It's a crap shoot boys and girls, a crap shoot.