Biggest bust draft pick in your opinion(Past 5 years)?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cobra said:
My general thinking is that if a player is drafting in the top 10, they should be really good. If they are drafted in the top 5, they should be one of the best at their position. If they are drafted #1 overall, they should be one of the best players in the league.

Using that metric, I think all of the following players are busts:

#1 - Courtney Brown
#4 - Peter Warrick

#1 - Michael Vick
#3 - Gerard Warren
#8 - David Terrell
#10 - Jamal Reynolds

#3 - Joey Harrington
#4 - Mike Williams
#6 - Ryan Sims
#12 - Wendall Bryant

#2 - Charles Rogers
#6 - Jonathan Sullivan
#12 - Jimmy Kennedy

#6 - Kellen Winslow Jr.

I consider all of those players busts based on where they were drafted and the hype the received coming out of college.

Charles Rogers has been a big bust. So has Courtney Brown. Has Winslow Jr. played yet?

(Sidenote: It looks like the #6 spot it a rough place to be drafting)

good list...all of those guys are busts

there will be koolaid drinkers who scream and shout that Vick doesnt belong, but he does...he was/has been hyped as this Michael Jordan type player that would be bigger than the game, when in actuality he is a painfully mediocre QB who is a liability to the passing game because his passing skills are so 2nd rate...the truth is the guy probably wouldnt have been drafted at all ten years ago and would most likely be playing in Canada

David

stilltheguru

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

there will be koolaid drinkers who scream and shout that Vick doesnt belong, but he does...he was/has been hyped as this Michael Jordan type player that would be bigger than the game, when in actuality he is a painfully mediocre QB who is a liability to the passing game because his passing skills are so 2nd rate...the truth is the guy probably wouldnt have been drafted at all ten years ago and would most likely be playing in Canada

David

i hope this shows in week 16 becasue i will be at that game hoping you are right.or else i will get laughed out of the dome.:(

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
i hope this shows in week 16 becasue i will be at that game hoping you are right.or else i will get laughed out of the dome.:(

I'll be there as well

David

ravidubey

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
... Vick doesnt belong, but he does...he was/has been hyped as this Michael Jordan type player that would be bigger than the game, when in actuality he is a painfully mediocre QB who is a liability to the passing game because his passing skills are so 2nd rate...

I disagree. You don't look at the statistics with Michael Vick, look at the big plays and wins instead. He's won multiple playoff games in the four seasons he's been healthy, two as a starter. He broke the Green Bay curse with his ability to improvise, not get sacked, and not throw stupid picks.

10-7-1 in 2002 and 12-5 in 2004. In 2003, the season he was hurt, he went 3-1. Last year he had an off-year, but he remains one of the best players in the NFL. The goal of a QB is to win games, not to gain fanboy fantasy-stats. Defenses have to account for Michael Vick legs on every play-- he might not be a Hall Of Famer, but he's darned good.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Some names to consider.

Freddie Mitchell
Derrick Gibson (Raiders)
Mike Williams(Buffalo)
Charles Rogers (Lions)
Calvin Pace (Cards)
Rashaun Woods (49ers)

Freddie Mitchell was not a bust.....in fact he had some huge games against us and owned Dallas and the NFC East. His mohawk and larger than life persona will go down in professional sports history, right up there with Dennis Rodman. Also who can forget the 4 and 23 play!

It's too bad we didn't sign him after Philly released him, we would have never needed TO. :D

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can't believe im the only one saying Ryan Sims.

Is he even in the league?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Freddie Mitchell was not a bust.....in fact he had some huge games against us and owned Dallas and the NFC East. His mohawk and larger than life persona will go down in professional sports history, right up there with Dennis Rodman. Also who can forget the 4 and 23 play!

It's too bad we didn't sign him after Philly released him, we would have never needed TO. :D
FredEx had stone hands and marbles for brains. Thank the good lord you don't work in the VR front office. I can't afford the bail money.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CATCH17 said:
I can't believe im the only one saying Ryan Sims.

Is he even in the league?
He's still a KC Chief. Was hurt last year and only played 6 games.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
FredEx had stone hands and marbles for brains. Thank the good lord you don't work in the VR front office. I can't afford the bail money.

He might end up being one of the best receivers to ever play the game when it's all said and done....he made mcnabb look much better than he is and was as clutch as it gets during the big games.

If we would have signed him last year we would have won the superbowl :laugh1:

:rake:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
He might end up being one of the best receivers to ever play the game when it's all said and done....he made mcnabb look much better than he is and was as clutch as it gets during the big games.

If we would have signed him last year we would have won the superbowl :laugh1:

:rake:
I once again curse not being able to put someone on ignore. Ridiculous, ridiculous, ridiculous.

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

HAHA i still remember befor the ugeles went to the super bowl and he said in a press conference he wanted to thank his hands most of all! haha then proceded 2 drop 3 or 4 balls in the bowl. classic!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Some names to consider.

Freddie Mitchell
Derrick Gibson (Raiders)
Mike Williams(Buffalo)
Charles Rogers (Lions)
Calvin Pace (Cards)
Rashaun Woods (49ers)

Freddie Mitchell????

You mean Freddie "The People's Champion"??? :lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

Agreed on Vick. They should probably make him a hybrid-RB/WR. He boasted about ONE good passing game last year and told the media that they should leave him alone about his passing skills because of that ONE game...

He really hasnt done much more than Quincy Carter

lspain1

Reaction score
He's a little outside of the 5 year window, but the biggest bust I can recall recently was Ryan Leaf.

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Some names to consider.

Freddie Mitchell
Derrick Gibson (Raiders)
Mike Williams(Buffalo)
Charles Rogers (Lions)
Calvin Pace (Cards)
Rashaun Woods (49ers)

Another name to add to this would be Sammy Davis(Bolts)..

Woods was traded for Davis this offseason.. so you had two former first round draft picks that have busted on the teams by which they were drafted.