Biggest! *lil* Boys fan! Reppin HARD..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SaMaD_KhARoME;1834153 said:
i guess we can say the same thing about these drug using, women abusing heavy metal rock stars

That's already been done! :D

Musicians always get a bad rap...

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Scotman;1834136 said:
I don't listen to rap but I can't understand why it bothers some of you. I'm a middle aged white male and I still thought the kid was pretty good. How bad can it be when he's talking about our Cowboys going to the superbowl?

As far as the comments about him going to jail and such... WHAT? I bet half the guys on OUR team listen to rap.

If bad music was enough to put someone in prison, Hutchinson would have had a life sentence.

So would Troy Aikman, Captain Kirk.........

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
focalized31;1834100 said:
Why is it bad? Because he raps hes goin NOwhere in his life? Why is teachin him to rap a bad thing? Why cant he do it, if hes been blessed with that talent?

I dont understand some of you ppl!

focalized31;1834102 said:
Why? Because hes a rapper at the age of 6? Do you believe hes gonna end up in prison? Thats some BS! Bunch of jugdemental ppl!

You dont even know the damn kid...

For all you know, he could be a straight A student, an doin, what he likes on the side?

Sheesh..

Anyway ill get ready for flamage, cuz thats the way (Some) of you are..

yo yo, calm down homey G, check it check it check it owt

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sorry... it was hard on the eyes as well as the ears...

I will stick to "reppin" by yelling and screaming in the sportsbar not giving a damn who see's me.....

although a blonde the other night made sure she turned around and found out who was making that noise and then gave me a REAL COOL NOD :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;1834510 said:
Sorry... it was hard on the eyes as well as the ears...

I will stick to "reppin" by yelling and screaming in the sportsbar not giving a damn who see's me.....

although a blonde the other night made sure she turned around and found out who was making that noise and then gave me a REAL COOL NOD :D

how far back did her head go? if it was real back, that's the get the hell out of here nod

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1834513 said:
how far back did her head go? if it was real back, that's the get the hell out of here nod

LOL... nah... she was happy about it... (we had just went ahead on Wittens TD at end of game)

Here in NY... you have a few types of Cowboys fans... the "too cool" one that just nods to other fans... then you have the one that looks for some other fan to high five make winner gestures... she fell in between... a little of both

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Scotman;1834136 said:
If bad music was enough to put someone in prison, Hutchinson would have had a life sentence.

What a ridiculous thing to say...

Hutch would have gotten the chair, and you know it... when I was watching Hard Knocks, I kept waiting for Belushi to show up and snatch that guitar out of his hands and smash it to smithereens...

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
focalized31;1834102 said:
Why? Because hes a rapper at the age of 6? Do you believe hes gonna end up in prison? Thats some BS! Bunch of jugdemental ppl!

You dont even know the damn kid...

For all you know, he could be a straight A student, an doin, what he likes on the side?

Sheesh..

Anyway ill get ready for flamage, cuz thats the way (Some) of you are..

I agree with you. I have no problem with a kid rapping. I, like you, can't see how anyone sees a future jailbird by watching that.

I thought it was pretty slick.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;1834146 said:
Guess I just missed that whole "talent" part.

Yea, rapping takes no talent.
I mean, everyone can become a rapper and get rich, right?
It's so easy. Wanna start your transformation to rap-star tomorrow? I'll be your manager/agent. Considering it takes zero talent, we should be able to go places.

Right?

lockster

Reaction score
Rapping is a topic that involves personal preferences, morals, ethics, and points of view. There's no way a board this big will ever agree on what we think of it. I thought it was funny myself, but while saying this, I would never want my kids, if I had one, to be doing this. I think rap has for the last twenty years, + or - , about drugs, killing, death, popularity, sex and a host of others things that I, personally, hate in what I percieve to be the context of most of rap. Also, the cool, better than you attitude and words that these rappers and songs promote, don't promote worldpeace, love, and general respect toward others. However, that's my view, and I don't expect others to agree. However, I do think that's where this topic was kinda headed. I personally think that trying to change others opinions and views on this forum is useless mostly. This is a sports forum, not a moral or ethics forum. So, I wouldn't want to jump down anyone's throat one way or the other, but it's nice to see other's views if for no other reason than to get to know them. Whatever the kid's parents view, is what this kid will live by ultimately, good or bad.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
what did snoop dogg say to 50 cent after receiving a sweater for christmas?

Gee, You Knit!

(G-Unit)

:eek:: couldn't resist

anyway, I do agree that there are many rap/hip-hop songs out there that I believe do promote very degrading things, but there are many that are insightful....like gold-digger by kanye and jamie :D

but hey, i believe most genre of music have songs about....drugs, sex, and violence.....they sell albums. Just because it is wrapped differently now doesn't mean that it is any worse.

Big D

Reaction score
All this same crap was said about Jazz and Rock n Roll.

Quit Cryin' and grow old gracefully!

Martice

Reaction score
lockster;1834639 said:
Rapping is a topic that involves personal preferences, morals, ethics, and points of view. There's no way a board this big will ever agree on what we think of it. I thought it was funny myself, but while saying this, I would never want my kids, if I had one, to be doing this. I think rap has for the last twenty years, + or - , about drugs, killing, death, popularity, sex and a host of others things that I, personally, hate in what I percieve to be the context of most of rap. Also, the cool, better than you attitude and words that these rappers and songs promote, don't promote worldpeace, love, and general respect toward others. However, that's my view, and I don't expect others to agree. However, I do think that's where this topic was kinda headed. I personally think that trying to change others opinions and views on this forum is useless mostly. This is a sports forum, not a moral or ethics forum. So, I wouldn't want to jump down anyone's throat one way or the other, but it's nice to see other's views if for no other reason than to get to know them. Whatever the kid's parents view, is what this kid will live by ultimately, good or bad.

With or without Rap music the world would still be overrun with the ill's that you pointed out. However, I think it goes back to what 50 sorta said

'hey he can rap until the martians come back to earth but when you take away the mic, he better be able to articulate himself on or beyond his grade level or BET and MTV is history in my house'.

In short, it was a cute rap. Hell, Brittany Spears can rap if she wanted to but wake me up when he or anyone is talking about hip hop music and I'll listen.

Scotman

Reaction score
silverbear;1834556 said:
What a ridiculous thing to say...

Hutch would have gotten the chair, and you know it... when I was watching Hard Knocks, I kept waiting for Belushi to show up and snatch that guitar out of his hands and smash it to smithereens...

Dang, you make me sound almost like a pacifist. :D

And to think about it, maybe he did get the chair. He hasn't been playing on Sundays and I haven't seen him on American Idiot....I mean American Idol.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
VietCowboy;1834648 said:
what did snoop dogg say to 50 cent after receiving a sweater for christmas?

Gee, You Knit!

(G-Unit)

:eek:: couldn't resist

anyway, I do agree that there are many rap/hip-hop songs out there that I believe do promote very degrading things, but there are many that are insightful....like gold-digger by kanye and jamie :D

but hey, i believe most genre of music have songs about....drugs, sex, and violence.....they sell albums. Just because it is wrapped differently now doesn't mean that it is any worse.

Listen to Lupe Fiasco or Talib Kweli. They should change your opinion of rap music.