Biggest Offseason Move?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Signing Rivera.

We add a Pro RG in Rivera - All Pro and a LEADER. We subtract An Gurode from starting lineup. Huge and Rivera is already mentoring the younger RT's. Win, Win. Adds balance to running attack and gets Bledsoe the protection to violate defenses to the fullest extent possible!

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Nope Its Bledsoe... If not him who would you put in? Henson who by all accounts is losing the second string battle and both back ups are stinking up Oxnard, or would you have brought back Vinny? For me its Drew B look Peterman is looking VG and would prob be starting this year at G if we had not got Rivera and from all accounts he is doing great. Now Rivera is bringing leadership but so is Drew B.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I disagree with both of you. My money is on Ferguson.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Yes - I can see the case for Drew. From all accounts he's taken the job with performance, attitude. Both are Vets that want to win it all. I like the makeup of this offense.

Last year with Quincy hit - and Listless and shy VT taking reigns - we really had no spark last year offensively.

This year we have weapons and just might put defenses on notice!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
You could also make a valid argument for Henry. They all have the potential to be huge additions. We had a very good off season this year, guys.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
junk said:
I disagree with both of you. My money is on Ferguson.
OK if we didn't add Ferggie we'd stay with the 43 and have a starting line of Spears, Glover, Carson, and Ellis\Ware

I think we win with either starting front.

Roughneck

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Nope Its Bledsoe... If not him who would you put in? Henson who by all accounts is losing the second string battle and both back ups are stinking up Oxnard, or would you have brought back Vinny? For me its Drew B look Peterman is looking VG and would prob be starting this year at G if we had not got Rivera and from all accounts he is doing great. Now Rivera is bringing leadership but so is Drew B.
Bingo.

It has to be Bledsoe. Vinny, Romo, Henson......not a single one of those players could even be a competent bus driver this season. Bledsoe is the key.

Well the other Key.

;)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
OK if we didn't add Ferggie we'd stay with the 43 and have a starting line of Spears, Glover, Carson, and Ellis\Ware

I think we win with either starting front.

The switch to 3-4 only happens with Ferguson. Even if they stay 4-3, Ferguson is a huge upgrade over Carson. Carson is out of position at the nose and doesn't free up Glover, Ellis, Spears/Ware as much as Ferguson would.

I agree Bledsoe was a good add in the sense that he was cheap and the team needed a vet QB. He was the best available. Does he have enough left in the tank? We will see.

Rivera was a good add with the vet leadership he brings to the squad although I still choke at adding a guard thats on the wrong side of 30 for a $9 million bonus.

All in all, I think Ferguson will have the biggest impact.