Biggest problem with this team

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
all offseason we were worried about DL, specifically stopping the run, which is still a major problem, but the biggest problem hands down is OL and specifically OL coach Solari…this team can’t run block, can’t run the ball, that’s not winning football for us.

you can’t suck at both and expect to win a lot of games, just take a look at the next 4 games, it’s recipe for disaster.
Biggest problem is an amatuer GM thinking he can GM at a professional level.
Until this issue is resolved,
We are just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

conner01

Reaction score
I also believe 2022 draft is coming home to roost. that was a poor draft
Ferg, smith and bland aren’t bad. 2023 with mazi is looking bad. I didn’t like the mazi pick because I thought he was just a plugger and I wouldn’t spend a first on a plugger. The problem is he’s not even that. He’s a freak athlete with no heart and desire. DT is an effort position. It’s all dirty work and it is SS much about shear will as talent. I swear we shouldn’t scout Michigan. We always get the guys who have no love for the game

KevinHickey22

Reaction score
giphy.gif
You got it! The idiot in the press box, Jerry.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Just a total lack of talent at the skill positions, especially at WR.

The OL isn't nearly the same problem if they had any WR other than 88 who could ever win quickly against man coverage. It is just a pathetic collection of talent

starfan1

Reaction score
Ferg, smith and bland aren’t bad. 2023 with mazi is looking bad. I didn’t like the mazi pick because I thought he was just a plugger and I wouldn’t spend a first on a plugger. The problem is he’s not even that. He’s a freak athlete with no heart and desire. DT is an effort position. It’s all dirty work and it is SS much about shear will as talent. I swear we shouldn’t scout Michigan. We always get the guys who have no love for the game
i meant 2023 my bad. Mazi,Schoon and the rest of them. I do like Overshown but beyond that its blah.

conner01

Reaction score
i meant 2023 my bad. Mazi,Schoon and the rest of them. I do like Overshown but beyond that its blah.
Looks like Overshown is all that’s there. Mazi is just a bust. The one thing he has the physical tool to do he doesn’t have the heart and desire to do

conner01

Reaction score
We are therefore screwed my friend.
You cant have a winning team if the head of the org is deceased.
It infects the whole team.
The bright side is with the way we are playing we likely get a good draft position. We aren’t buying players so our only hope is the draft. The crazy thing is early on Jerry would go get guys. We played in the FA market. And while we had our bad signings we actually didn’t do that bad at it. But Jerry just stopped all together. Our biggest misses were not signing FA so much as trades he made and gave up picks. If you miss on a FA you just move on. But when you miss on a trade you list picks and fit a bad player. The risks of just signing guys is not really that bad

Brooksey

Reaction score
all offseason we were worried about DL, specifically stopping the run, which is still a major problem, but the biggest problem hands down is OL and specifically OL coach Solari…this team can’t run block, can’t run the ball, that’s not winning football for us.

you can’t suck at both and expect to win a lot of games, just take a look at the next 4 games, it’s recipe for disaster.
That's not it. There were holes and good push with Bebee/Martin, I re-watched this morning.

Dowdle, Zeke and Duece are terrible, worst in the league.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is the biggest issue.

Jerry created the me 1st, I want all the money culture with zero accountability. hard to function as a team when its all about the individual accolades.

kskboys

Reaction score
Biggest problem is twofold. toughness/leadership. I mean what team is having sideline fights by week 3? Lol
Possibly, but lack of talent trumps all. Doesn't matter how tough you are if the guy in front of you is monumentally better.