Bill Belichick as a consultant

Cwby41

Reaction score
What are the chances (slim to none) that Jerrry would bring him over as a consultant. I know McCarthy would feel even more pressure but having someone like BB would definitely be a help. Personally everyone in this organization needs to feel a little uncomfortable including ownership. Who better to give his guidance.
I know this would never happen but I wish it would be looked at.
What are your thoughts?

Chasing6

Reaction score
What are the chances (slim to none) that Jerrry would bring him over as a consultant. I know McCarthy would feel even more pressure but having someone like BB would definitely be a help. Personally everyone in this organization needs to feel a little uncomfortable including ownership. Who better to give his guidance.
What are your thoughts?
If the rumors are correct, Bellichick expressed zero interest in the Cowboys potential opening.

Only way you fire McCarthy after three 12-5 seasons, is if you already know you have someone better to replace him. You can assume Dallas did not look into replacing him, but their are other ways to find out who is interested, before you actually fire a coach.

Asklesko

Reaction score
It would be a great move, but Jerry isn't interested in making great moves.

Motorola

Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
After the last few years of ineptitude with the him being totally in charge (defacto GM plus HC), Patriots owner Robert Kraft saw the league has passed Belichick by - and thus was time to show him the door.
Jones can't get anything of insight- value - worth bringing him to the Cowboys.
Besides that- Belichick wants to be a head coach - so he can have the chance to get the NFL all-time regular season win record.
Don Shula --- 328
George Halas --- 318
Bill Belichick --- 302

Last edited:

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
None, if he wanted BB as an option they fire McCarthy. Not to mention regardless of if we think he’s crazy or not - Jerry wants the team to succeed next season, you bring back mm as a lame duck AND have belichick looming over his shoulder literally in the building u can just cancel next year.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
After the last few years of ineptitude with the him being totally in charge (defacto GM plus HC), Patriots owner Robert Kraft saw the league has passed Belichick by - and thus was time to show him the door.
Jones can't get anything of insight- value - worth bringing him to the Cowboys.
It's not that the league passed him. Tom Brady passed him by. He's a coach with a losing record before Tom Brady and a coach with a losing record after Tom Brady.

GoDallas

Reaction score
Defensive consultant - I am all for it. No doubt the man still knows D.

You can say (and may be 100% correct) he is bad at offense, drafting and his way with players (negative reinforcement) doesn't work anymore. BUT defensively - the man is brilliant.

Won't happen but I would guarantee you we would have real linebackers and DTs (or at least trying big time to stop the run). Plus Parsons may be even better!

rambo2

Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are they need linebackers, better dtackle play, a running back, and the center from Oregon. They don't need Bill Belichick.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Some can't accept the fact that he is what I said he was a few weeks ago. It's over for him. Got passed up by the Falcons lol

diamonddelts

Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
Never ceases to amaze me how much some Cowboys fans crave mediocrity. As if some athlete who was in elementary in 2010 will be shaking in his boots due to Bill Bellicheats presence in the building.

A coach that had no offers and was let go by NE. "Hey Bill can you give us advice on how to have a losing record without the greatest QB of all time."

Lmao.