Bill Belichick as a consultant

Chasing6

Reaction score
After the last few years of ineptitude with the him being totally in charge (defacto GM plus HC), Patriots owner Robert Kraft saw the league has passed Belichick by - and thus was time to show him the door.
Jones can't get anything of insight- value - worth bringing him to the Cowboys.
Besides that- Belichick wants to be a head coach - so he can have the chance to get the NFL all-time regular season win record.
Don Shula --- 328
George Halas --- 318
Bill Belichick --- 302
Bill had 100% authority to make decision. Kraft got tired of those decisions/results and he is gone. It will be very interesting to see what they decide to do with Mac Jones and their 3rd overall pick.

Kraft apparently was a big fan of Mac Jones and Belichick was not.

I also think it is interesting that Kraft has decided not to hire a GM until after the draft. Seems like he already knows what he wants to do in the draft and does not want a new GM screwing it up.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think given the last 3-4 years in NE and how he has really done poorly in the draft and putting together those teams…….I think Belecheks might be past his prime. The game does pass by even the greats. I remember the end of the Shula era and Landry era. Some guys might hang on a bit too long.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You would think Belichick's agent would have a pulse out there on how serious teams would be interested in him.

He could have just retired vs being embarrassed. I hope it is not Washington that hires him.

wecasa

Reaction score
They tried that with Dan reeves several years ago if I remember right. Packed his stuff and bolted after only a couple days.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
What are the chances (slim to none) that Jerrry would bring him over as a consultant. I know McCarthy would feel even more pressure but having someone like BB would definitely be a help. Personally everyone in this organization needs to feel a little uncomfortable including ownership. Who better to give his guidance.
I know this would never happen but I wish it would be looked at.
What are your thoughts?
The way to do it is to have *multiple* coaches hired to evaluate the team top to bottom. Jerry can afford it, and this way McCarthy is not overshadowed by one particular guy.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What are the chances (slim to none) that Jerrry would bring him over as a consultant. I know McCarthy would feel even more pressure but having someone like BB would definitely be a help. Personally everyone in this organization needs to feel a little uncomfortable including ownership. Who better to give his guidance.
What are your thoughts?
You are assuming Jerry wants or thinks he needs advice.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What are your thoughts?
Yes, because Jerry Jones would definitely be open to someone telling him how to run his football team. Come up with a better idea.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Belichick is a terrible player personnel guy.

I’m not sure what he would add as a behind the scenes guy.

Its right there on the scene is where he would’ve benefited us.