Bill Cowher

Txguy86

Reaction score
Is he really a COWBOY coach? I dont think I could ever see him on the cowboys sideline

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Txguy86;1317314 said:
Is he really a COWBOY coach? I dont think I could ever see him on the cowboys sideline

Honestly, I would have nver thought in a hundred years that Bill Parcells would be on the Cowboys sideline.

But here we are.

Doctor32

Hi-Definition Warrior
Reaction score
Txguy86;1317314 said:

Interesting question.

I'd like to get theebs' take on this one. He's like an NFL Yoda type.

Txguy86

Reaction score
Very TRUE, if BP leaves, Jerry should start to look at the college ranks...maybe a pete carroll or a bob stoops

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doctor32;1317321 said:
Interesting question.

I'd like to get theebs' take on this one. He's like an NFL Yoda type.

K howbout this...

Cowher Bill ...Sign him We must....mmmmm

The force is strong with that one...

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Txguy86;1317329 said:
Very TRUE, if BP leaves, Jerry should start to look at the college ranks...maybe a pete carroll or a bob stoops

Question for you Pete Carroll lovers:

What happened the last time Pete Carroll replaced Parcells? Look it up and let me know if you still want him as a replacement for Parcells.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Txguy86;1317314 said:

Put yourself in Jerry's shoes for a second.

You are in the middle of building a $1 billion stadium with LOTS of luxury suites that you have to sell out. To make matters worse, the city isn't footing the entire bill, and you have to drop $675 million of YOUR OWN money into the stadium.

Are you going to trust your franchise, and your money to a college coach with no NFL experience?

Jerry has done some stupid things in the past, but not in relation to his net worth. He didn't become rich by doing stupid things.

We will get a big name coach to replace Parcells. Jerry has too much on the line.

Cowher could be it. I also heard that Belichick is signed through 2007 only, so he could also be drawn away from there if they don't lock him up...and the Patriots aren't known for throwing cash at the feet of anyone.

Txguy86

Reaction score
Im not seeing how Cowher can fill the seats anymore than any other coach. Its a new stadium, people are gonna go to the games just for the thrill of a new stadium.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
holy crap can you imagine if jimmy came back for the new stadium, they would sell out for three years. It will never happen but for putting butts in the seats, man that woudl sure do it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
bigbadroy;1317470 said:
cowher is smart enough to not sell his soul to the devil(jerry)

Ahhh...but every soul has a price and can be bought. Jerry has the money to do it.

Would you have ever imagined in a million years, after seeing Parcells whip our Landry-coached team back in the 1980's, that Parcells would be our head coach come 2003?

maxsports

Reaction score
Cowher- 1 Super Bowl win in 15 years. 2 Super Bowl appearances. Wonder how long that would fly in Dallas?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
maxsports;1317619 said:
Cowher- 1 Super Bowl win in 15 years. 2 Super Bowl appearances. Wonder how long that would fly in Dallas?
would fly better than having Parcells here waste more of our time having the team underachive once again and struggling to just make the playoffs.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
maxsports;1317619 said:

Based on the below, it would fly for a long time.

Dallas - Zero playoff wins since 1996. Playoff losses in 1998, 1999, 2003, and 2006, all in the wild card round.

Forget the Super Bowl, we haven't won a playoff game in forever!

Cowher consistently gets his team to the playoffs, even with a frugal Steelers front office that doesn't like to spend money.

Welcome aboard Bill Cowher!