Bill Said the Defense Will Be Fixed

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I feel better. He also said the breakdown in the TDs out of the backfield has been the LBs mental mistakes.

JPM

Reaction score
He's lying. It was Roy. Roy can't cover.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1251399 said:
I feel better. He also said the breakdown in the TDs out of the backfield has been the LBs mental mistakes.

If this defense can play remotely up to expectations, Dallas could be in for a wonderful post season.

royhitshard

Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1251399 said:

When will it be fixed? I sure hope it is soon.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
royhitshard;1251412 said:

He wanted to say Bradie James is too slow and we are giving a different LB responsibility of the FB.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Man I hope so... because we can score on anybody...

If I had to choose between getting beat by the RB's on screens/flats

OR

the BIG play where receivers get behind our defense or just flat out make the play on our defense....

I would choose that the latter be fixed....

just my thoughts

AbeBeta

Reaction score
My first thought was that it was Ayodele - he has increasingly been asked to rush the QB -- I assumed he's wasn't adjusting right when the FB comes into the pattern

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
royhitshard;1251412 said:

He said he knows his players. He said he wasn't worried about it. He sounded pretty confident. Listening to him talk about it eased my mind. And the reporters finally did a good job grilling him about it.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
our tackling needs to improve from the last few games as well. The giants, saints and falcons both had a few "routine" plays that turned in to big gainers. Particularly the giants with passes to the backs in the flats. Maybe Carpenter spies on Westbrook all day long. But then who watches Tapeh?

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
smarta5150;1251417 said:
He wanted to say Bradie James is too slow and we are giving a different LB responsibility of the FB.

He said it depended on what red zone coverage we are in at the time. Its up to that particular LB, whether inside or outside, to cover the flat. If the RB goes out their then the LB needs to go out their too. Simple as that.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Sportsbabe;1251428 said:
He said he knows his players. He said he wasn't worried about it. He sounded pretty confident. Listening to him talk about it eased my mind. And the reporters finally did a good job grilling him about it.

He did sound very confident, didn't he?

And I agree with him. It was only a few weeks ago that this defense was ranked one of the best in the league. I see no reason why we can't get back to playing like that.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Bill has been using a vanilla defense all season to suprise the NFL once the playoffs start. Brilliant!:rolleyes:

ravidubey

Reaction score
JPM;1251406 said:
He's lying. It was Roy. Roy can't cover.

Roy was at fault on at least one occasion. I just can't tell if players are messing up because they are trying to cover for each other or if they're just messing up. All it takes is one bad player to ruin defensive teamwork and defeat a defense.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
he also said, that they would cover that more tomorrow, so hopefully those same linebackers that have blown coverages finally get it right

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
dmq;1251437 said:
Bill has been using a vanilla defense all season to suprise the NFL once the playoffs start. Brilliant!:rolleyes:

:lmao2: Come on now. He's gotten us this far. We'll survive this bump in the road too.:star:

NorTex

Reaction score
The defense started playing well in the 2nd half, last week.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
dmq;1251437 said:

I certainly hope that is the case..... :not rolling eyes: :D