Bills are now guaranteed to be playing with two days less rest than their opponent if they win

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wind chill temperatures of minus 60 froze our tank tracks and took us 8 hours of work to get them moving again.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't feel sorry for them since they refuse to build a domed stadium. They stubbornly want to stick to an open stadium in order to have "homefield advantage"? Well, time to suck it up and pay the price.
How much of this decision was based on the open stadium? I would think it was more about traveling into and out of Buffalo as well as driving to and from the stadium. An open stadium probably is a factor, but this storm as well as others are a challenge for the people in the area whether they are football fans or not.

Bigdog

Reaction score
So the #2 teams are playing next Saturday if they win. If they win then that is extra day rest for the conference championship game

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
The NFL should mandate all stadiums be open.
I was gonna say…

Statistically, teams that play in open air are significantly more successful historically vs teams that play in domes. Count the rings: It’s the New England’s and Pittsburgh’s and San Francisco’s and Denver’s and Green Bay’s vs the Detroit’s and Atlanta’s and New Orleans’ and Arizona’s and Minnesota’s.

Just look at Dallas; rings in open air vs rings in dome. There is a difference in team psychology in group 1 vs group 2.

Flamma

Reaction score
I was gonna say…

Statistically, teams that play in open air are significantly more successful historically vs teams that play in domes. Count the rings: It’s the New England’s and Pittsburgh’s and San Francisco’s and Denver’s and Green Bay’s vs the Detroit’s and Atlanta’s and New Orleans’ and Arizona’s and Minnesota’s.

Just look at Dallas; rings in open air vs rings in dome. There is a difference in team psychology in group 1 vs group 2.
Just my opinion, I could be totally wrong. I think it's easier for an open air team to adjust to a dome environment than it is the other way around.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't feel sorry for them since they refuse to build a domed stadium. They stubbornly want to stick to an open stadium in order to have "homefield advantage"? Well, time to suck it up and pay the price.
Pretty sure the stadium had nothing to do with this. It was about keeping people off the roads.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When is the last time the Bills have postponed a playoff game due to snowy weather?
I don't know about the playoffs, but two regular season Bills games have been moved to Ford Field in the last decade (and one was postponed a day) because of weather in Buffalo.

It happens because of fan safety concerns, not because they don't want the players out there in bad weather.