Twitter: Bills player: "I see why you don't pay Dak"

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I have to say I am a bit shocked by the behavior or the Bills players and fans towards the Cowboys. What is that all about? We see them every 4 years, its not like we are rivals or something. The way they mocked Dak, who threw for 355 yards against them, and Zeke is pretty low class. Even the Eagles don't stoop that. This leads me to believe that they used the Cowboys popularity to jack themselves up for this game. You could see at the end of the game how they celebrated as if they won something bigger than just a regular season game against a team from the other conference. It will be interesting to see how the Bills play next week against the Ravens.

I hope the Ravens blow them out.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I have to say I am a bit shocked by the behavior or the Bills players and fans towards the Cowboys. What is that all about? We see them every 4 years, its not like we are rivals or something. The way they mocked Dak, who threw for 355 yards against them, and Zeke is pretty low class. Even the Eagles don't stoop that. This leads me to believe that they used the Cowboys popularity to jack themselves up for this game. You could see at the end of the game how they celebrated as if they won something bigger than just a regular season game against a team from the other conference. It will be interesting to see how the Bills play next week against the Ravens.

They may have been upset that the media had them favored, I even saw an article yesterday saying the Bills "upset" the Cowboys. We were a 6-5 team with the Bills being a 9-2 team.

Nav22

Reaction score
You want "context" now, while you were using QBR without context yesterday. Don't you dare hold me to standards you don't hold yourself.

YOU SPECIFICALLY used QBR and nothing else to prop up Dak - your very own go-to shows Dak sucks against teams with winning records or good defenses. NEXT! And Rodgers and Brady are in their twilight years, Brady has admitted to his offensive woes....

NEXT!
LOL what? Do you even know what context is?

When I say “Dak’s QBR is 4th-best in the NFL”, that IS providing context.

That’s telling you it’s 4th-best in the league.

When you say “Dak’s QBR vs winning teams is 49” WHILE OMITTING where that ranks in the NFL, you’re providing zero context.

Try again.

Seems like you’re afraid to find out where “49 vs winning teams” actually ranks.

You have nothing and you know it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Definitely not one of his shining moments. You wont find me sticking up for his performance.

It starts with Dak knowing what he is, he won't get respect if he doesn't start showing respect. He's actually pretty cocky despite proving very little. Zeke is the same. Both have made themselves targets, with the help from the media propping us up and even calling the Bills the underdogs in the game....

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL what? Do you even know what context is?

When I say “Dak’s QBR is 4th-best in the NFL”, that IS providing context.

That’s telling you it’s 4th-best in the league.

When you say “Dak’s QBR vs winning teams is 49” WHILE OMITTING where that ranks in the NFL, you’re providing zero context.

Try again.

LOL are you suggesting the vast majority of good QBs in the league are below average against good teams? Really?

And you using QBR for ranking and me pointing out Dak is below average against good teams is me giving context. YOU left out the context.

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
Nobody fears this guy. They know his stats are misleading. Embarrassed in the spotlight again.

w8CJrJF.gif

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It starts with Dak knowing what he is, he won't get respect if he doesn't start showing respect. He's actually pretty cocky despite proving very little. Zeke is the same. Both have made themselves targets, with the help from the media propping us up and even calling the Bills the underdogs in the game....

I’m mad at Dak as well for his performance last night, but when has he been cocky? If anything he’s the opposite. He always says and does the same robotic mannerisms he’s been brainwashed to do. He doesn’t say or do anything that’s cocky or confident IMO.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I definitely agree he is cocky.

Zeke? Im over it. If people want to still think he has it, whatever.

My biggest issue with Dak is his inability to step up in the pocket left or right, extend the play, and either take off or make a play. He only seems to be able to run out and around the pass rush. Which can get him into trouble.

I also think that teams have also adjusted to the Cowboys passing attack. They are not giving up the big play anymore. Giving us all the underneath stuff. The scheme hasn't adjusted to that and neither has Dak. There is definitely a disconnect in the coaching and making adjustments.

T-RO

Reaction score
So, opposing players giving little respect to our players isn't telling? We're living in an age where players will exchange jerseys as a sign of respect, showing they don't care about the w/l - yet, Dak is behind mocked right there on the field.

They have no respect for Dak because Dak hasn't earned it and they don't fear his arm.

Nonsense. Dak has been a top five QB by virtually any metric. And you can easily find current players, ex-players, coaches, media guys and analytics folks that sing his praises.

He had a 'bad' game. Compare that to Aaron Rogers last week:
Dak-led Cowboys : 15 points - 2 missed field goals
Rogers-led Packers: 8 points

Dak: 32/49 355 yards 2 TD 1 INT
Rogers: 20/33 104 yards 1 TD

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I’m mad at Dak as well for his performance last night, but when has he been cocky? If anything he’s the opposite. He always says and does the same robotic mannerisms he’s been brainwashed to do. He doesn’t say or do anything that’s cocky or confident IMO.

"Patriots haven't seen an offense like ours" - I mean, you know, after the Patriots saw the freakin' Ravens.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I definitely agree he is cocky.

Zeke? Im over it. If people want to still think he has it, whatever.

My biggest issue with Dak is his inability to step up in the pocket left or right, extend the play, and either take off or make a play. He only seems to be able to run out and around the pass rush. Which can get him into trouble.

I also think that teams have also adjusted to the Cowboys passing attack. They are not giving up the big play anymore. Giving us all the underneath stuff. The scheme hasn't adjusted to that and neither has Dak. There is definitely a disconnect in the coaching and making adjustments.

I agree Zeke is cocky. Not confident enough to step up for himself and his team when they're Getting thrashed and mocked on live television, but cocky.

Dak is a robot. He shows no emotion IMO. How is he cocky?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
"Patriots haven't seen an offense like ours" - I mean, you know, after the Patriots saw the freakin' Ravens.

That’s more being ignorant and arrogant rather than cocky. I think he’s in denial with this team. Being cocky would be like Zeke. Writing “Go get that $$$” and claiming he’s top QB like Mayfield is cocky.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Nonsense. Dak has been a top five QB by virtually any metric. And you can easily find current players, ex-players, coaches, media guys and analytics folks that sing his praises.

He had a 'bad' game. Compare that to Aaron Rogers last week:
Dak-led Cowboys : 15 points - 2 missed field goals
Rogers-led Packers: 8 points

Dak: 32/49 355 yards 2 TD 1 INT
Rogers: 20/33 104 yards 1 TD

We got a TD in garbage time, those field goals shows we stalled in the red zone. that doesn't help your case here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
That’s more being ignorant and arrogant rather than cocky. I think he’s in denial with this team. Being cocky would be like Zeke. Writing “Go get that $$$” and claiming he’s top QB like Mayfield is cocky.

Cocky and confident have a fine line between them, and I think he simply can't back it up. Mayfield is just an a-hole.

Sydla

Reaction score
They can say what hey want.

I also wouldn’t put much stock in what they say when they are trying to be cool and funny either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
LOL are you suggesting the vast majority of QBs in the league are below average against good teams? Really?

And you using QBR for ranking and me pointing out Dak is below average against good teams is me giving context. YOU left out the context.

You don't think its ironic that you keep trying to eek out any kind of stat to prove Dak is average? Before it used to be that he was just average overall. Now you have had to alter that to "average against good teams". Dak is continuing to improve. He disproved a lot of the criticism of him this year and definitely taken the next step as a QB. But by no means is he a finished product. I expect him to continue to improve.

THAT being said, Im fine with Dak if he NEVER becomes a top 5 QB.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Cocky and confident have a fine line between them, and I think he simply can't back it up. Mayfield is just an a-hole.

I guess I can see where you are coming from. What do you suppose we do though? Trade up to get a new QB and cut Dak? I’m not completely against the idea, but I just want to see your view of how things should go down