Billy Cundiff signs with the Bucs

aikemirv

Reaction score
coco2 said:
Yes, good riddance.

Because we all know that Longwell or Vinatieri or Vanderjagt will become FA's courted only by us. We're sure to sign one of them. Its so easy! Even if we don't, just about anyone off the street would be better than Cundiff, or Suisham, or Cortez, or any of the other guys we tried to sign off the streets last year.

[sarcasm off/]

Having someone else sign Cundiff at this point is not addition by subtraction. Show me the kicker we have under contract who is superior? Oh, yeah. We have nothing better yet... Until we do I will refrain from celebrating.

I have been as big a supporter for Cundiff as anyone, but after the Carolina game and what happened to him there, Yes Suisham is better than him and I am glad he is gone.

He lost ALL confidence that game. I have never seen anything like that before from an NFL kicker.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I'd rather we sign Longwell, he's better at Kickoffs then Vanderjagt, Also I heard Mickey Today say that Bryant has not made a FG of longer then 47 yards in his career, is this true?.

Cundiff nailed a 50 plus kick last year. That didn't make him any more accurate for the shorter range kicks.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
AmishCowboy said:
I'd rather we sign Longwell, he's better at Kickoffs then Vanderjagt, Also I heard Mickey Today say that Bryant has not made a FG of longer then 47 yards in his career, is this true?.

Nah , Bryant went 10-11 from 40-49 yds. last season , and 1-2 from 50+ . I wouldn't say he is the cure all , but he'll come a little cheaper than Longwell , Vinateri , etc. , and does have a big leg .

Longwell does have the best name for a kicker though .

joseephuss

Reaction score
aikemirv said:
I have been as big a supporter for Cundiff as anyone, but after the Carolina game and what happened to him there, Yes Suisham is better than him and I am glad he is gone.

He lost ALL confidence that game. I have never seen anything like that before from an NFL kicker.

Cundiff never took that next step to become a good kicker and instead took a giant leap off the cliff in his confidence. Even with that he was still better than Suisham. That kick he missed in the last game was just horrible and his kick offs were very weak. Hopefully he gets better and Dallas does indeed bring someone else in because that is a position they are not set.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
I'm not a Cundiff apologist by any means - but not having a Kicking coach probably didn't help last year. I think with some good coaching he may turn out to be a respectable kicker down the road. I wish him well and pray that we bring in an experienced Kicker

Mike 1967

Reaction score
Hmmm...first Simms and now Cundiff.....

The Bucs seem to be attempting to corner the market on chokers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Vertigo_17 said:
I'm not a Cundiff apologist by any means - but not having a Kicking coach probably didn't help last year. I think with some good coaching he may turn out to be a respectable kicker down the road. I wish him well and pray that we bring in an experienced Kicker

Most teams do not have a kicking coach they have a special teams coach. Face it a kicker does not have a playbook his job is to kick the ball I really do not see any reason why any kicker needs his own coach either you can put the ball between the uprights or you can't.