Black Friday Deals

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Is it just me are or 95% of the deals, TVs, laptops, smart phones, smart speakers, or headphones?

I don't need any of that.

Where are the 45% off Maserati Ghibli Black Friday deals!??!?? :laugh: Buy one home, get a vacation home at half price?!??

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is it just me are or 95% of the deals, TVs, laptops, smart phones, smart speakers, or headphones?

Where are the 45% off Maserati Ghibli Black Friday deals!??!?? :laugh: Buy one home, get a vacation home at half price?!??
No offense but that was difficult to read. It crossed my eyes.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sales on Black Friday have never been appealing to me. There are some great prices, but usually on lower brand, model or quality items.

There are also a lot of questionable practices by manufacturers and stores with Black Friday sales such as re-labeling older TVs with newer model numbers very similar to higher end devices that make consumers think they are getting the higher end model.

nobody

Reaction score
Cant wait for those Hisense 55 inch 4K TV's for 399$ at Wal Mart that have a lifespan of around 18 months.

I got a black friday deal on a tv like 6 years ago and the tv is still going strong. Every once in a while, you get a good one, but yeah most are limited lifespan.
However, the sound on that tv is utter crap without a stereo connection or soundbar.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard that Roku Ultras are half price at wally world. I think that was the only thing that sounded interesting to me.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
I have too much stuff already. But honestly, black Friday has never interested me. Standing out in the cold for hours only to find out that there were only 5 items of something that I may have wanted is a big turn off. Most of my shopping is online. Much more selection and most of the time, shipping is free.

jsb357

Reaction score

I'm holding out for an Aston Martin myself...

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Heard that Roku Ultras are half price at wally world. I think that was the only thing that sounded interesting to me.
I have three of them now and love them. Especially the fact that you can plug headphones into the remote and the remote can control the volume and power for my TVs. (though they may depend on what TV you have)

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Cant wait for those Hisense 55 inch 4K TV's for 399$ at Wal Mart that have a lifespan of around 18 months.
My sister bought a 4K Hisense a couple years ago. Not only does it have a pretty solid picture but it's still going strong. Lol

As for the Black Friday deals, some of them appeal to me. You definitely won't find me standing in line anywhere at 5am though. I am going to Best Buy today for their "Already Black Friday Sale" and grabbing a 5tb external hard drive for $79.

John813

Reaction score
Years back I worked retail in college.

Had to get to work at 3am Friday AM cause people just had to blow their CC to their limits.
12 hour shift of people buying a bunch of crap cause it was 10-30% off.

After that, I never had the urge to leave my house on black friday.

Disgusting now stores are open on Thanksgiving. And people are getting hurt over silly ****.

Good bless 'merica.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

My advice is to not even participate in Black Friday. I used to work for a retail store. Most of the great deals weren't all that great and got instantly sold out anyway. Is it really worth camping out at a store in the cold to get a minor good deal? IMO it's not worth it. Enjoy your time with family and friends.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
My advice is to not even participate in Black Friday. I used to work for a retail store. Most of the great deals weren't all that great and got instantly sold out anyway. Is it really worth camping out at a store in the cold to get a minor good deal? IMO it's not worth it. Enjoy your time with family and friends.
The only brick and mortar store I ever really shop in is a grocery store. Well, not completely true. If I'm buying clothes, I will go into a store just to ensure they fit right unless I'm buying another piece of clothing I've purchased before. (same style / cut)

Otherwise, I do all my shopping online.