Black Monday. who would you cut?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sends a message...that there will be accountability. Something Jerry has been unwilling to do. Al Davis would have cut 1/4 of this team by now....

have you not noticed, nothing will send a message to this team, or any other team. Not in this time with a salary cap.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Idk who to cut at this point because all 53 of them can go

next sunday i need them to play different and stop going out there like 11 men on vacation
No, you don’t need that - the worse the better. JJ and SJ need to have their noses rubbed in the s****y product they’ve pushed on the masses.

CowboysNation85

Reaction score
or get rid of.....

Poe
Anthony Brown
Crawford
Zeke
Steele
Worley
X. Woods
Jaylon
Conner Williams
Chris Jones

I could cut even deeper....but you still bodies to make a team. These guys bring nothing to the team...

Erving
Senet
Looney
Garrett Gilbert
Justin March
Darian Thompson
Sean Mckeon
Nobody. We like our guys. We like our coaches. Even the players that didn’t stick up for Dalton.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
No point cutting veterans as contracts are guaranteed but I’d consider putting players up for trade and would start with Griffen, Zeke, and Jaylon. I think even with a trade Zeke costs us 7m of dead cap so that might have to be in the off season.

No team is picking up the contracts of Griffen, Zeke, Jaylon, Lawrence, Cooper, etc. They are all monstrously stupid overpriced contracts everyone is laughing about.

leeblair

Reaction score
or get rid of.....

Poe
Anthony Brown
Crawford
Zeke
Steele
Worley
X. Woods
Jaylon
Conner Williams
Chris Jones

I could cut even deeper....but you still bodies to make a team. These guys bring nothing to the team...

Erving
Senet
Looney
Garrett Gilbert
Justin March
Darian Thompson
Sean Mckeon
I would systematically get rid of every player on defense and nearly all of the offensive players asap.
There are serious issues with attitude that cannot be overlooked.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Team is soft, if you're one of the few players left that cares you have to be questioning your own sanity.

Can the team just opt out the rest of the year? Lol

ArtClink

Reaction score
I would cut the one enabling this gutless, quitter culture: the fuhrer himself.

lukin2006

Reaction score
or get rid of.....

Poe
Anthony Brown
Crawford
Zeke
Steele
Worley
X. Woods
Jaylon
Conner Williams
Chris Jones

Erving
Senet
Looney
Garrett Gilbert
Justin March
Darian Thompson
Sean Mckeon

I'd add Dlaw and Griffin

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
or get rid of.....

Poe
Anthony Brown
Crawford
Zeke
Steele
Worley
X. Woods
Jaylon
Conner Williams
Chris Jones

Erving
Senet
Looney
Garrett Gilbert
Justin March
Darian Thompson
Sean Mckeon
I’m definitely not cutting any of the rookies. And would probably hold on to zeke and Williams. Other than that I don’t care. But I would be trying to trade Griffen and Aldon Smith for draft capital if I could. Let Gregory and Anae play.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Honestly....I still don't know what to think. I'll admit this wasn't the offense I envisioned. For about 3 games last year...@ the beginning...you saw flashes of this being Kellen's show. Now...It feels like everybody has some input. Too many chefs in the kitchen....And Kellen is trying to make this all work...through all the injuries.

I don't think he will ever get to run things the way he wants. He's just got too many restrictions to be successful.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
or get rid of.....

Poe
Anthony Brown
Crawford
Zeke

Steele
Worley
X. Woods
Jaylon

Conner Williams
Chris Jones

Erving
Senet
Looney
Garrett Gilbert
Justin March
Darian Thompson

Sean Mckeon

I say we jump the shark and cut all the ones I highlighted. I want to see the nuclear blast go off in Jerry’s eyes. Then the rest of the Cowboys players will feel fear. They will have no choice but to play right and with motivation, not quit.

quickccc

Reaction score
Poe would be my target ... he aiong with Crawford has done nada ... and i still maintain that he either flat out doesn't have anything left ...or he is not an effort guy. He NEVER gets off blocks.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I would fire every player on defense and go into next week with no defense. Seriously - no DC, and no defensive players. The outcome would be the same.