Blame Game. Ive Heard Mike, and Greg BUT

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Amari Cooper isn't as good every night as he was last night. But when he is that good he's probably a top 3-5 receiver in the league.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ceedee hurt the cowboys bad tonight. He has to fix the drops. He stalled the first drive with a drop, as well as the drop from Dak (it was a short/bad pass) but still you have to catch that.

He then drops the absolute dart that lead to Daks sole pick after throwing 50 times.

This is not a CeeDee hate thread, but he has to work on this if we want to get rid of coopers contract. Until then Cooper is and will be our best receiver.
Chances were slim we move on from Cooper anyways

starfan1

Reaction score
I didn’t watch second half as I was driving but I wil say that I thought the pass on the first drive to CeeDee was on Dak I don’t think he stepped into that one but he more than made up for it IMO

I love Lamb he’s my favorite player but drops are an issue with him and frankly all the cowboy receivers

BigD_95

Reaction score
That "Dart" to me was a questionable pass to begin with. #88 had three defenders around him and had to make a play on the ball. Yes, he should have caught it, but to call that a drop?

I agree - Im sure he was thinking he will get his head taking off if he makes that catch. Dak kind of hung him out although that was a heck of a pass

Dak was amazing last night !

MarcusRock

Reaction score
CeeDee (headed for Canton) Lamb ended 2 drives for us last night. I think we were moving the ball well on each too. At least 2 butterfinger moments (the 2nd was an alligator arms) to go with his 9 last year. You get 2 FGs out of that (maybe, lol) and Brady has to get a TD to beat us in the end. Which we would have, but still ...

Everyone is calling Lamb our future #1 and only I (can save us) have been asking the question of whether he actually can or is susceptible to a sophomore slump. People made excuses for the 9 drops that he had clusterfudge at QB last season but he has the main guy back and he's on pace for 34 this year. As I've said for the FO, stay in Gallup's ear all season. You just never know.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ceedee hurt the cowboys bad tonight. He has to fix the drops. He stalled the first drive with a drop, as well as the drop from Dak (it was a short/bad pass) but still you have to catch that.

He then drops the absolute dart that lead to Daks sole pick after throwing 50 times.

This is not a CeeDee hate thread, but he has to work on this if we want to get rid of coopers contract. Until then Cooper is and will be our best receiver.
well, outside of the drops, the one other bad play that's not being discussed is him running out of bounds in the last drive...he made a great catch on the left side, he has to do whatever it takes to stay in bounds and keep the clock running. there was plenty of time for us, but we needed to leave no time for them....that was bad coaching and bad play....stay in bounce. run the clock another 30 seconds and leave them less than a minute rather than 1 1/2 minutes and it might have been a different game...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That "Dart" to me was a questionable pass to begin with. #88 had three defenders around him and had to make a play on the ball. Yes, he should have caught it, but to call that a drop?
I tend to agree but see it differently, that was a bad route combination call by Moore. why put two recievers in the same area within a few feet of each other, then it brings 4 defenders to the area. that was the only play to be had and it was a good throw, CD should have made that catch....but having 4 defenders in the area was result of bad route combination call

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Lamb played like a candle sniffing big 12 flag footballer.

He has to get tougher.

He made an impact both positively and negatively. He was part of the reason we were in it and a big reason we lost.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You may question the decision to throw it there because there was no margin for error, but the pass itself was dead-on perfect. Cee Dee had both hands on it without fully extending; sure looked to me like a ball he should have caught.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Probably one of those talking heads on the TV that are in love with #4. I understand. Dropped passes are like errors in Baseball at the discretion of the scorer. I am not sure who gets to decide what is a drop and what is a bad pass for real. I mean, I know we as fans all bicker back and forth and all that matters not a bit in the end. All that matter is what JJ and Mike and the kid (the OC) think.
elite WRs are made by making good plays, tough catches and doing things that an average WR can't do....if CD is really elite, then he needs to make that catch. if he needs a perfect pass each time to make a catch, then CD ain't all that...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You may question the decision to throw it there because there was no margin for error, but the pass itself was dead-on perfect. Cee Dee had both hands on it without fully extending; sure looked to me like a ball he should have caught.

100%

My initial reaction was I was pissed at Dak for throwing into traffic but replay showed that it was about as perfect of a pass as you could ask for and Lamb just needs to be a man and catch the ball.

Creeper

Reaction score
What was CeeDee's official drop count last night? I thought he had 2 with another bad pass he should have had.

Creeper

Reaction score

That is a pass you want your receivers to catch. It's the kind of pass Gallup would catch and run with. It is the difference between winning and losing. Winners make those plays.

JustChip

Reaction score
It was a drop, no way around that. Yes, I question throwing that ball into that tight of coverage, but it was a perfectly thrown ball. And what do so many criticize Dak of? Not throwing into tight windows.

CD failed because he attempted a basket catch instead of with his hands. Shades of T Will. Not putting CD on same plane as TW, but on that one play, he was.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I was just answering his post about hitting him directly in the hands. That's all.

TBH, if he got two mits on it, he hit him in the hands. Fans are the only ones who say a pass has to be in stride and hit between the numbers to be accurate... if a pass is put in a place for the WR to get two full hands on it regardless if they have to sky for it, dive for it, turn back for it, change pace for it, etc., it is an accurate pass..because the QB (whoever the QB is not just Dak) put the ball in a place for the WR to do their job. _

DustyRhodes

Reaction score

100% spot on

Lamb is a drop machine

ondaedg

Reaction score

Cooper had like 37 catches last nite so why would we WANT to get rid of his contract? There is a reason Ceedee and Gallup get a lot of single coverage.

stiletto

Reaction score
Lamb is damned good. For those that thought he was going to displace Cooper...not so fast my friend.

It's all we've been hearing. Cooper can walk because of CeeDee next year. I haven't been on that train. CeeDee is good but he's scrawny and so far he is not consistent yet. The Cowboys don't have to pay CeeDee for a couple years. They need to keep Cooper around. The two together are amazing. Take Cooper out, I am not sure the passing attack will be as good, ever.