Bland comparison to Richard Sherman

kskboys

Reaction score
I like Quinn like everyone, but I'm a little tired of him getting credit for Bland. Dan's pet cat CB that draft was Wright, who he personally scouted, was drafted two rounds earlier, and can't play a lick. And of course Bossman the round before. That's second and third round busts at the position who gave us absolutely nothing.
And the next will be Eric Scott. Never made sense trading up for this bust who can't mirror. Honestly, since he can't stick w/ a WR, what's the point? Think a slower Jeff Heath.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like Quinn like everyone, but I'm a little tired of him getting credit for Bland. Dan's pet cat CB that draft was Wright, who he personally scouted, was drafted two rounds earlier, and can't play a lick. And of course Bossman the round before. That's second and third round busts at the position who gave us absolutely nothing.
So we give him credit for the "busts" but not the guy who can play? There were no issues with Wright and Joseph. Some guys progress some can't. It just happens that way. That being said, both got taken too early. They wanted to make sure they got them and did but they drafted both guys too early. I'm all for getting YOUR GUY regardless of the round if he pans out. But when they don't pan out you have to be taken to task on it. Quinn has done some good things. I'm still not totally sure if Wright can't play but I do feel like there's some physical limitations there.

FaSho

Reaction score
Sherman wasn't so great in man coverage, and was great in a zone scheme. Hard for me to compare the 2, outside of numbers.

Robalocc88

Reaction score
If Bland has a similar career as Sherman, that would be outstanding!! If he surpasses Sherman that would be incredible!
R.Sherman was a damn good physical player.

tico

Reaction score
Sherman wasn't so great in man coverage, and was great in a zone scheme. Hard for me to compare the 2, outside of numbers.
And I will always praise him for stopping the 49ers from a possible SB run when he slapped the TD pass away from Crabtree

doomsday808

Reaction score
How many career pick 6s does Sherm have? I think Bland has a higher ceiling. The fact that he's accomplished what he has at this early point of his career is great. 12 is a career most from Ron Woodson.