Bland Isn't A 1 Year Wonder

coult44

Reaction score
Well, consider the passer
If you consider the passer with the 10 TOs last year, do you also consider the 40 or so TDs?

I’m right in the middle and take crap from both the Dak sides, but you gotta be fair.

Bland was an interception and TD machine last year. He will do that to EVERYONE.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I believe Zimmer will use a lot more two-deep than Quinn was, which should actually help the outside corners be able to jump the short routes. Of course, since we made it a priority to keep Harris as the DB coach and even make him the assistant head coach, that may signal that we want our secondary to stay the same.
But with no interior rush, their QB will get a lot of time to let their receivers get open. Their interior o-line can help with our edge players. Could get ugly.

GINeric

Reaction score
Is there a QB1 who throws as many training camp Int’s as Dak does? Embarrassing

Where does Dak rank, amongst active quarterbacks as far as ints are concerned? If you knew the answer to that, I guarantee you wouldn't have posted something as weak as "QB1 training camp ints"

I bet you won't post the league interception leaders, because you already know he's not in the top half. You lil guys stay reaching to create anything negative on this team.

You've must have loss alot of bets because Cowboys own your team too, huh. You weak lil trolls are entertaining though. You're liars and hypocrites, but very entertaining.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I’ll wait before busting out the annoying oil, especially after 1.5 days into training camp.

I wonder how he’ll adjust to Zim’s D? He isn’t risky, he’s as conservative as they come.
1. It's anointing oil not annoying oil
2. That was Prescott tossing the INT not Lance. Lance wears the #19 Jersey

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
But with no interior rush, their QB will get a lot of time to let their receivers get open. Their interior o-line can help with our edge players. Could get ugly.
I don't see our rush being much different than last year's, and I expect Parsons to be coming through the middle quite a bit. The difference between Quinn and Zimmer is that Zimmer's defense will be more lane sound on run downs, but I expect Parsons to be attacking from all over the formation on those downs as well. If we're playing Parsons in coverage very often, we're misusing him.

The main rushers we lost were Fowler and Armstrong, and they were just good sub players. How much pass rush we get outside of Parsons, Lawrence and Odighizuwa will depend on Williams, Kneeland and Fehoko's development.

We just weren't depending on our interior DL to spark the pass rush last year, when Bland set the pick-six record, so I can't see it being an issue this year. I'm more concerned about those interior players stepping up and stopping the run.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's TC for gods sake. He will have plenty of opportunities this season to prove he's not a one year wonder.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
I don't see our rush being much different than last year's, and I expect Parsons to be coming through the middle quite a bit. The difference between Quinn and Zimmer is that Zimmer's defense will be more lane sound on run downs, but I expect Parsons to be attacking from all over the formation on those downs as well. If we're playing Parsons in coverage very often, we're misusing him.

The main rushers we lost were Fowler and Armstrong, and they were just good sub players. How much pass rush we get outside of Parsons, Lawrence and Odighizuwa will depend on Williams, Kneeland and Fehoko's development.

We just weren't depending on our interior DL to spark the pass rush last year, when Bland set the pick-six record, so I can't see it being an issue this year. I'm more concerned about those interior players stepping up and stopping the run.
Agree 100%, but this team hasn’t had a great interior push in…a very long time.

It’s a feature that every great team has, from “our own” Bob Lily to NE’s Vince Wilfork to KC’s Jones, you need to pressure the QB without blitzing, you don’t win big games, or more importantly, in the playoffs without that.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agree 100%, but this team hasn’t had a great interior push in…a very long time.

It’s a feature that every great team has, from “our own” Bob Lily to NE’s Vince Wilfork to KC’s Jones, you need to pressure the QB without blitzing, you don’t win big games, or more importantly, in the playoffs without that.
No doubt. I've been saying for a while now that our failure to get a stud 3-tech is one of the main reasons we fail in the playoffs.