Bland named NFC defensive player of the week

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So I remember a year ago a few guys said Bland belongs in the Sauce Gardner convo for the best corners in the draft.....sounded crazy then....time to revisit that?
Patrik Walker said that on The Break last season. I haven’t watched a lot of Gardner, but based on Bland’s performance alone, it’s hard to imagine Gardner being much better if at all.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
giphy.gif

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Patrik Walker said that on The Break last season. I haven’t watched a lot of Gardner, but based on Bland’s performance alone, it’s hard to imagine Gardner being much better if at all.
I mean it was silly then don't get me wrong lol. But it wasn't as silly as we all thought. He had a very good rookie campaign in the slot. But Sauce was guarding #1's so hard to compare. But that changes this year. Can't deny it now. He's one of the best cover corners i've seen in this league. And he's so young. I mean Sauce is too. Both are remarkable. They just don't look like rookies which is insane.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Excellent. Happy for him. He seems like a nice guy.
You just know you won't have issues with him. He's not arrogant. Doesn't talk much. HE just plays football. Its like he feels he's just a role player just doing his role.......but he can say he's one of the best defensive players in the league. Proud of him.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This guy was a real find! I thought the Diggs injury doomed our defense to be mediocre, but Bland has stepped up in relief of Diggs and has played great. Guys like that make the game fun to watch.

rambo2

Reaction score
How many guys on our defense have won this award over the last few seasons.. Micah, Tank, Diggs and now Bland for sure. Has anyone else had the honor?
The Cowboys are a very good team. They just need to keep winning.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He somewhat makes up for the mistake FO made picking Bossman and Wright.
Drafting is difficult. That we found two star corners outside of the first round (Diggs and Bland) is excellent, despite missing on Joseph and Wright. Hoping Scott leans more toward the successes than the failures.