Bledsoe will not lose the starting job to anyone

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
will not lose the starting job to anyone. Romo looks good, however he is making "rookie" mistakes. Bledsoe is poised and ready to lead this team...bank on it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes...and have you noticed, that Bledsoe is throwing down field more, than what Romo does.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Bledsoe to a fault hangs in there till the bitter end, however I saw a few positives from that also...

It is going to be a good year...

Tripod

Reaction score
Romo has thrown only to wide open receivers. Smart of course but really hasn't displayed the ability to make the pinpoint throw. And the fumble...not
good.

For now, a serviceable back up and that's all.

wileedog

Reaction score
Tripod said:
Romo has thrown only to wide open receivers. Smart of course but really hasn't displayed the ability to make the pinpoint throw. And the fumble...not
good.

For now, a serviceable back up and that's all.

LOL, he's only thrown to wide open recievers? Is that like "all he does is catch touchdowns?"

Bledsoe will be the starter, no question about it. But Romo has played well aside from the fumble. And Bledsoe has more than a few of those in his career.

Seriously, we should be happy we have what looks like two decent QBs on the roster for the first time in forever. THere is no QB controversy, as much as the media wishes there was, but there may just be an actual insurance policy.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Bledsoe did look good today and i do expect him to be the starter to open the season. but Romo has looked very good and if Bledsoe for some reason struggles this year i expect Romo to get a chance to prove himself.

wileedog

Reaction score
Nice pump and throw by Romo.

Fumble erased.

Again, Bledsoe is the starter, but how can anyone not be excited watching this kid, even in pre-season?

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
JJ just called Bledsoe a surgeon, said we need a veteran to go where we want to.

As for Romo, impressive drive after the turnover.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
so how was that TD throw? It went more than 15 yards, the pump fake was not rookie like and hit the revciever in stride.

BTW, I think every QB should throw only to open receivers.......its easier to complete passes.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
so how was that TD throw? It went more than 15 yards, the pump fake was not rookie like and hit the revciever in stride.

BTW, I think every QB should throw only to open receivers.......its easier to complete passes.
true but terry wasn't "open" on his TD.

romo can learn alot watching Drew this season.... gives us time to nail down a contract (or send him packing) too.

wileedog

Reaction score
chinch said:
Which is a tribute to Terry, not Bledose.

9 out of 10 recievers in this league would not have pulled that down.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
chinch said:

romo can learn alot watching Drew this season.... gives us time to nail down a contract (or send him packing) too.

Perhaps he should have thrown it to someone who was open........that pass won't be completed often in the NFL.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Which is a tribute to Terry, not Bledose.

9 out of 10 recievers in this league would not have pulled that down.
and 9 out of 10 young rookie QBs would have thrown an INT there.

give them both credit.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
Romo is VERY encouraging...yes, however Bledsoe makes the tough throws.... I am not saying Romo is bad, I am saying Bledsoe is better at this point. It is good to have a capable back up, ala Jason Garret.

wileedog

Reaction score
chinch said:
and 9 out of 10 young rookie QBs would have thrown an INT there.

give them both credit.

I do, but that really wasn't a good throw or decision by Bledsoe. THat was an extremely low percentage pass he threw. Terry bailed him out with a sensational catch.

I repeat, Drew is the starter this year, hands down. BUt I have trouble with people blaming Romo for throwing to wide open receivers and somehow giving credit to Bledsoe for throwing to a guy who was completely blanketed and getting lucky that Glenn is that good to make a one handed catch behind the CB.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
wileedog said:
I do, but that really wasn't a good throw or decision by Bledsoe. THat was an extremely low percentage pass he threw. Terry bailed him out with a sensational catch.

I repeat, Drew is the starter this year, hands down. BUt I have trouble with people blaming Romo for throwing to wide open receivers and somehow giving credit to Bledsoe for throwing to a guy who was completely blanketed and getting lucky that Glenn is that good to make a one handed catch behind the CB.

Totally agree...........

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
:lmao:

The QB controversy is over... Per Stuart Scott...

"Tony Romo I know you got skillz, but you are NOT the starting QB"

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
wileedog said:

LOL. if only romo threw it.

sorry but drew can make those throws (the defender didn't even see it coming it was thrown perfectly).

Romo played OK but the fumble was amateur hour and one reason i want him on the bench, barring injury or total collapse by Drew (ie. seattle game last year)