Bledsoe will not lose the starting job to anyone

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe will remain our starter. I just hope we get some big leads so Romo will get some serious playing time this year.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Bledsoe will remain our starter. I just hope we get some big leads so Romo will get some serious playing time this year.
i can see some big leads this year. hopefully Tuna will give Romo some time to play then :)

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Tripod said:
Romo has thrown only to wide open receivers. Smart of course but really hasn't displayed the ability to make the pinpoint throw. And the fumble...not
good.

For now, a serviceable back up and that's all.

What game are you watching?

wileedog

Reaction score
chinch said:
LOL. if only romo threw it.
Indeed. I wager you would be criticizing it if he had.

sorry but drew can make those throws (the defender didn't even see it coming it was thrown perfectly).
LOL, it was luck. I don't care who threw it.

Romo played OK but the fumble was amateur hour and one reason i want him on the bench, barring injury or total collapse by Drew (ie. seattle game last year)

Romo played well, period. And you are talking about a guy in Bledsoe who has put the ball on the ground more than most.

Seriously, we are in a good position here. I like Bledsoe and unlike some I think he's capable of getting us there. To have a viable backup is a *GREAT* thing. And that's all I'm saying Romo is right now.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Romo played OK but the fumble was amateur hour and one reason i want him on the bench, barring injury or total collapse by Drew (ie. seattle game last year)

Please, he was trying to avoid a sack. All qb's get sacked and fumble the ball. You make it seem like he fumbled the ball on purpose. Give the kid his due, he played well tonight.

I have never had illusions of him overtaking Bledsoe, but it is exciting to me to know that we have a very capable back up in case of injury.

If this fumble is enough for you to downplay Romo's accomplishments for the past two weeks, then you really are not much of a fan of the Cowboys.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
wileedog said:
Seriously, we are in a good position here. I like Bledsoe and unlike some I think he's capable of getting us there. To have a viable backup is a *GREAT* thing. And that's all I'm saying Romo is right now.
Agree with this, which is the most important thing for Cowboy fans :)

tommymac22

Reaction score
I'm neutral as far as the qb issue goes...I just want to see the boys winning football games. For all of these people ragging Bledsoe for the TD pass to TG...That was a stop fade route, that is completely timing based. You don't throw a stop fade b/c the reciever is wide open, you throw it in hopes of completing the pass w/o the DB even knowing the ball is in the air. It is similar to a slant or an out in that it is completely based on timing!:starspin

JMead

Reaction score
Cant believe people are bashing Bledsoe on the TD to Glenn. That was what the play call was! You see QBs do this all the time in single coverage situations when they let their reciever make a play on the ball. Young QBs would most not likely throw it but if they did it would most likely not be as good of a throw as what DB dropped in there.

Romo - 6 Qs - 26 points against 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Bledsoe - 2 Qs - 17 points against starters.

The skill level and football knowledge isnt even close right now people. Bledsoe will be the starter until he retires.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

Did you watch last weeks game?

And if true, he was playing wiht 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.

Give the guy some credit...............

JMead

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
Did you watch last weeks game?

And if true, he was playing wiht 2nd and 3rd stringers as well.

Give the guy some credit...............

It just shows that Dallas has better bench players than the other team. Nothing more.

I also saw alot of throws from Drew that Romo could not make. He threaded the needle on alot of his throws while Romo completed just about all of his passes to wide open guys.

You have to be able to make every throw as a QB and I dont think Romo can do that well enough to be a starter.

wileedog

Reaction score
JMead said:
He threaded the needle on alot of his throws while Romo completed just about all of his passes to wide open guys.

I would like to call you a complete and utter moron, but I'm not sure that jibes with board standards, so I'll refrain.

es22

Reaction score
At least we dont have to sign a stiff like Vinny to be our 'veteran' backup. God, that turnover against Pittsburgh (fumble due to the Ritchie Anderson assisted fumble) still hurts.

SloppyOctopuss

Reaction score
JMead said:
Cant believe people are bashing Bledsoe on the TD to Glenn. That was what the play call was! You see QBs do this all the time in single coverage situations when they let their reciever make a play on the ball. Young QBs would most not likely throw it but if they did it would most likely not be as good of a throw as what DB dropped in there.

Bledsoe - 2 Qs - 17 points against starters.

The skill level and football knowledge isnt even close right now people. Bledsoe will be the starter until he retires.

Even Jerrah called Drew a surgeon as he was nip tucking on the football field tonight! Romo has impressed me a lot, but no way would I pull the trigger on Bledsoe who just might be ready to pull on John Elway and start playing the best ball of his career the next 1-3 seasons. I can't wait to see what Drew does with 'that guy' they call TO this season!