Bleepin' Bills Blew It

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Sheesh! I just watched the game. The Bills gave them the game. That got the ball back with a tied game and 20 seconds and one time-out. Not an ideal situation, but they did have the chance to go down and score. Even a field goal would have won it. So that do they do? They kneel down and go into overtime. What???? I remember when, in the playoffs, the Chiefs got the ball back with only 13 seconds, and they went down the field and got the field goal they needed to send it to overtime. It was possible to win the game with those 20 seconds and 1 timeout.

Then, in overtime, they could have won the game with that pass to the endzone, but either the receiver screwed up and ran the wrong route or the QB threw a pass to the wrong route. One of those guys screwed up big time. Sheesh! That one pass wins the game.

The refs also missed an obvious horse collar tackle that would have extended the QB's drive. Instead, the refs called a bogus intentional grounding. It was a poorly thrown ball as he was being tackled, but it was in the direct of one of his receivers. That's enough to make it not grounding. And the horse collar tackle was blatant. I thought the new review system let a sky judge phone down to tell them they missed a penalty. If that system doesn't allow for that, it should. We all saw the horse collar tackle.

However, I mainly blame the bills. In a tight game like that, you need to take every chance you've got. Kneeling down with 20 seconds and one timeout is bogus hogwash. They could have won it right then and avoided overtime. Then, in overtime, that's not the place to screw up a route on a would-be winning TD pass. I'm so annoyed. It also makes me sick to my stomach to see Eagles fans celebrating.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Sheesh! I just watched the game. The Bills gave them the game. That got the ball back with a tied game and 20 seconds and one time-out. Not an ideal situation, but they did have the chance to go down and score. Even a field goal would have won it. So that do they do? They kneel down and go into overtime. What???? I remember when, in the playoffs, the Chiefs got the ball back with only 13 seconds, and they went down the field and got the field goal they needed to send it to overtime. It was possible to win the game with those 20 seconds and 1 timeout.

Then, in overtime, they could have won the game with that pass to the endzone, but either the receiver screwed up and ran the wrong route or the QB threw a pass to the wrong route. One of those guys screwed up big time. Sheesh! That one pass wins the game.

The refs also missed an obvious horse collar tackle that would have extended the QB's drive. Instead, the refs called a bogus intentional grounding. It was a poorly thrown ball as he was being tackled, but it was in the direct of one of his receivers. That's enough to make it not grounding. And the horse collar tackle was blatant. I thought the new review system let a sky judge phone down to tell them they missed a penalty. If that system doesn't allow for that, it should. We all saw the horse collar tackle.

However, I mainly blame the bills. In a tight game like that, you need to take every chance you've got. Kneeling down with 20 seconds and one timeout is bogus hogwash. They could have won it right then and avoided overtime. Then, in overtime, that's not the place to screw up a route on a would-be winning TD pass. I'm so annoyed. It also makes me sick to my stomach to see Eagles fans celebrating.
I've seen some clos up pictures and the DE hand isn't inside the collar of Allen and go watch that so called"pass" again

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

I think, if they miss the playoffs, that the Bills coach is likely on the hot seat. He's been making a lot of boneheaded coaching errors this year.

JustChip

Reaction score

I really don’t think that was a horse-collar. Yes, he had the inside of the jersey/shoulder pads, but he also had the front shoulder of the jersey with the other hand and pulled him forward. Not a textbook horse collar. The UG was total BS.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I've seen some clos up pictures and the DE hand isn't inside the collar of Allen and go watch that so called"pass" again
Doesn't have to be. It's above the nameplate. Still a horse-collar.
Pass wasn't great - almost impossible for it to be when being spun around like that, but it did go into the direction of a guy who wasn't all that far away.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sometimes the mark of a good team is making less dumb decisions than your opponent.

napoleonbonaparte1-2x.jpg