Blockbuster Trade in Dallas? (Just my opinion)

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I have a strange feeling that Dallas is setting up to make a blockbuster trade of some sort. They have plenty of cap room and have now left a gaping hole at WR.
Could we see a WR come to Dallas in exchange for a player and/or draft pick? One that no one has even mentioned as being on the radar? One that's not a FA? Not T.O. Not Moulds. But someone out of left field?
Maybe we're going to move up in the draft? A.J. Hawk? Maybe we move down on draft day and get a great veteran WR in exchange?

I don't have any evidence of such. This is just my opinion.
But I have a funny feeling that Dallas's quiet FA period is going to be parlayed into something big. BP is in win now mode and isn't likely to think of his 1st round pick as an immediate impact player unless it involves moving up to pick a surefire starter or trading the 1st for an immediate impact veteran.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Could be...those 2 first rounders Denver is offering look good

Woods

Reaction score
I think with this TO situation probably dragging on, we may just focus our attention on re-signing Key. Which is a GOOD thing, IMO.

If we re-sign Key, we can get a solid development project between rounds 3-5.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Woods said:
I think with this TO situation probably dragging on, we may just focus our attention on re-signing Key. Which is a GOOD thing, IMO.

Makes sense...but maybe they think Crayton can handle the #2 and are looking for a #3

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
Makes sense...but maybe they think Crayton can handle the #2 and are looking for a #3
I dont think anyone is convinced of Craytons ability, yet.
I know Im not.
BP certainly isnt.
Crayton WILL BE #3, if not #4 going into TC.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
you guys must be part of the old folks group to be up this early--I think
there is something in the works. jerry likes to wheel and deal to much--Just
don't have a clue what:laugh2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
justbob said:
you guys must be part of the old folks group to be up this early--I think
there is something in the works. jerry likes to wheel and deal to much--Just
don't have a clue what:laugh2:

it is 1 in the afternoon here

and I use to live in Pampa you anywhere close

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I dont think anyone is convinced of Craytons ability, yet.
I know Im not.
BP certainly isnt.
Crayton WILL BE #3, if not #4 going into TC.

Bill said he thought Crayton could be a 2 but the injury took longer to heal than Bill liked so now Bill says he don't know...

Crayton has the hands and the head I think...but we really don't know if the toughness is there I think that maybe the only question about Crayton that isn't answerable yet

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Zaxor said:

Canyon--- sorry about the old man comment ----assumed everone
was in my age group and timezone

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
STEVE SMITH! get him! i love that guy, maybe because were identical in heigh and weight (5/11, 190) but hes a playmaker

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Detroit has a crap load of WR's. May be looking to deal.

R. Williams
C. Rogers
M. Williams
S. Vines
C. Bradford

Skip

Reaction score
Woods said:

Yes please re-sign Key!

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
I have a strange feeling that Dallas is setting up to make a blockbuster trade of some sort. They have plenty of cap room and have now left a gaping hole at WR.
Could we see a WR come to Dallas in exchange for a player and/or draft pick? One that no one has even mentioned as being on the radar? One that's not a FA? Not T.O. Not Moulds. But someone out of left field?
Maybe we're going to move up in the draft? A.J. Hawk? Maybe we move down on draft day and get a great veteran WR in exchange?

I don't have any evidence of such. This is just my opinion.
But I have a funny feeling that Dallas's quiet FA period is going to be parlayed into something big. BP is in win now mode and isn't likely to think of his 1st round pick as an immediate impact player unless it involves moving up to pick a surefire starter or trading the 1st for an immediate impact veteran.

Sure hope you are right:D

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
Detroit has a crap load of WR's. May be looking to deal.

R. Williams
C. Rogers
M. Williams
S. Vines
C. Bradford

I doubt they would be giving up on Roy Williams or Mike Willimans yet - though I would love to have either of them. Rogers could be had - but his history of injuries and perceived softness doesn't seem to fit with BP.

Eddie

Reaction score
kowboys 05 said:
STEVE SMITH! get him! i love that guy, maybe because were identical in heigh and weight (5/11, 190) but hes a playmaker

Great idea. Let's trade two #1 draft picks for Joey Galloway part II.

:laugh2:

Jay

Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it. Everyone is dancing around screaming about how we're having the worst free agency period ever. It's not over, people. Everyone is so damn caught up with the Commanders--go take a look at how many first day picks they have left (one).

We have plenty of time to improve our team. Everyone needs to settle down. Just last year we were praising Parcells/Jones for a great offseason. Do you think that all of a sudden they're like "let's take this offseason off"?

They're at work, fellas. Let's just be patient.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Zaxor said:

Zaxor, I have a lot of friends in Borger and visited there a lot years ago.