Blogging the Boys - Amari Cooper

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just heard about that rumor today actually. Are we talking about the same one? The one where Cooper supposedly got in Daks face and was calling him "Kick Cousins" after the playoff game? Cooper supposed said more, but I'll leave it at that lol

I guess. I have not heard it before and thought I just missed it.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
How do we know it is Dak's fault without knowing the progressions and reads of the play design?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dak missed Amari quite a bit this year, not just that video.Sure, once in a while you have to target him when he’s open.
yep, that's the knew talking point of the month. "Targets." Others on the roster had more production. At some point you can't just blame one guy because you don't like him.
How do we know it is Dak's fault without knowing the progressions and reads of the play design?
I was thinking about that. Not to mention that it's nearly impossible to distinguish the threat of pressure in slow motion and then conveniently point out a player is wide open. He could have not even have seen a WR.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Dak should be thanking Amari for his job and his money. If Amari doesn't come around in 2018 Dak's not on this team anymore, or he's the backup. Does anyone remember that season before Amari got here? And he has Zeke and that awesome O line to thank in 2016. Here's a fun stat, As a starter when the team doesn't rush for 100 yards Dak is 0-30. Yep. 0-30. He's an slightly above average QB who has to be carried. If he's not you see the result. If the defense isn't getting multiple TO's, the running game isn't churning out yards and his receivers aren't getting good to great separation he looks terrible. Jerry and Stephen were fleeced and will never admit it, so they double down.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dak should be thanking Amari for his job and his money. If Amari doesn't come around in 2018 Dak's not on this team anymore, or he's the backup. Does anyone remember that season before Amari got here? And he has Zeke to thank in 2016. Here's a fun stat, As a starter when the team doesn't rush for 100 yards Dak is 0-30. Yep. 0-30. He's an slightly above average QB who has to be carried. If he's not you see the result. If the defense isn't getting multiple TO's, the running game isn't churning out yards and his receivers aren't getting good to great separation he looks terrible. Jerry and Stephen were fleeced and will never admit it, so they double down.
:hammer:

morasp

Reaction score
That makes no sense to me at all. He takes attention away for the other guys. There are some pretty telling stats on the games with and without him. Lets' see how Lamb does next year as WR1.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
That makes no sense to me at all. He takes attention away for the other guys. There are some pretty telling stats on the games with and without him. Lets' see how Lamb does next year as WR1.
I hope he improves route running,concentration, and mental toughness.

Bigdog

Reaction score
He was around 47th in targets per game. He can’t throw himself the ball.
But that new qb in Washington can according to some on this board. They are not going to need any Wrs. He is that good.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
"As great as Cooper is as a player (and he’s great from the eyes of this fan), he can’t be valuable if the quarterback is not throwing him the ball."

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...ng-targets-show-about-passing-game-production
And there is the rub….if he was a true force fed #1 this conversation wouldn’t be happening. He’s a #1 fed like a #3
Agreed. This is what happens when Jerry Dumbo GM Jones drafts a WR in the 2020 draft when he needed defense. All of this mess is to justify the Lamb draft pick. Cooper had made 3 Pro Bowls in a row. The year Dak broke his ankle it was Amari Cooper coming up big without Dak and with Lamb on the field catching 92 balls from Dinucci, Dalton, and Gilbert.

Dak and Jones made Cooper disappear. Back up QB Rush plays one game and Cooper is posting game winning numbers and plays. So its not the WR.