blount

Reaction score
Rampage;3287746 said:
I'd rather keep Barber than get that sucker punching *****.

you'd do the same thing if you were in his position. He had no previous character issues, so I don't get what the big deal is. He got caught up in the heat of the moment.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3287757 said:
you'd do the same thing if you were in his position. He had no previous character issues, so I don't get what the big deal is. He got caught up in the heat of the moment.

That is completely false. I've been in that situation(or pretty similar positions) and never decked somebody.

Also this is not the first time he has been in trouble.

He was suspended for not following team rules, then later suspended again for "failure to meet team obligations".

He was suspended 3 times in 2 years.

rkell87

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3287763 said:
Good lord. :bang2:

like i said if.

i think he is good value and has his head on straight and has his priorties right(he said his kid and being a good father is his main focus)

all you guys act like you have never lost your cool before. difference is a national audience didnt see you do it

2much2soon

Reaction score
Muhast;3287789 said:
That is completely false. I've been in that situation(or pretty similar positions) and never decked somebody.

And so have countless other college athletes, at some point in the season. And almost none of them react like Blount did.

He was suspended for not following team rules, then later suspended again for "failure to meet team obligations".

About the only thing Colon Coward has ever said that I agreed with, was regarding that punch by Blount (and paraphrasing), "the way he threw that punch, he looked like he had done it before".

Blount will be the next Lawrence Phillips.

Nice talent, but rocks for brains.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think he has unreal talent and is very immature. I won't be upset if we do take him because he is a bull. I won't be upset if we don't because he is a risk.

rkell87

Reaction score
2much2soon;3287795 said:
And so have countless other college athletes, at some point in the season. And almost none of them react like Blount did.

About the only thing Colon Coward has ever said that I agreed with, was regarding that punch by Blount (and paraphrasing), "the way he threw that punch, he looked like he had done it before".

Blount will be the next Lawrence Phillips.

Nice talent, but rocks for brains.

so you have never thrown a punch before?

Reaction score
Muhast;3287789 said:

no it isn't completely false. He claimed that someone in the stands called him the N word, and was chanting racist remarks, so if you were black and in his position, you'd do the exact same thing, don't claim you wouldn't. Same with the opposing player. As for 'not following team rules' and 'failure to meet team obligations' those are minor. NFL GMs consider those very minute problems. Just like Dez Bryant suspension this year. Do you think they care that he lied to the NCAA and was suspended a whole year? Is it stopping him from being selected in the top 10? He also had team issues. No they could care less, this is the same situation The boise state issue is much more relevant to them.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hostile;3287796 said:
I think he has unreal talent and is very immature. I won't be upset if we do take him because he is a bull. I won't be upset if we don't because he is a risk.

this is exactly how i feel. i just cant believe the deal that was made over a mistake that he seems sincerely sorry for.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
everybody is able to make a mistake. we're all human. ray lewis was labeled the worst of the worst with his situation. hes now considered the ultimate professional and had working role model.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
It's documented that the dude has some major attitude issues. He's gonna need some counseling once he hits the pros. He could be the next Aqib Talib. A great player whose on-field contributions will be soured by off-field fighting with teammates and other NFL players.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3287801 said:
no it isn't completely false. He claimed that someone in the stands called him the N word, and was chanting racist remarks, so if you were black and in his position, you'd do the exact same thing, don't claim you wouldn't. Same with the opposing player. As for 'not following team rules' and 'failure to meet team obligations' those are minor. NFL GMs consider those very minute problems. Just like Dez Bryant suspension this year. Do you think they care that he lied to the NCAA and was suspended a whole year? Is it stopping him from being selected in the top 10? He also had team issues. No they could care less, this is the same situation The boise state issue is much more relevant to them.

How do you know the Boise player said something racist?

Secondly, racist remarks aren't worth potentially ruining your career.

Third, Dez Bryant violated a dumb NCAA rule. Blount routinely violated team issues and showed he puts himself above his team, numerous times. NFL teams will take that very serious. He would have went high in the draft had he not been an idiot.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Dez Bryant's situation was not something that you drop him on your draft board for...in my opinion, Blount's repeated situations are. If he's there in the 4th or later, I'd say take a flyer on him. Other than that, there are other impact players out there that we could take prior to him and we aren't that needy at RB.

Off Topic: I'm pretty worried about the Eagles potentially drafting Jahvid Best to replace Brian Westbrook :puke: I think Best is going to be huge out of the backfield as a pass catcher.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
AustnIsMySaviour;3287801 said:
the opposing player didn't call him the N word. he was just rubbing in the win.

I've been in that situation before and handled like a man not like a sucker punching punk.

rkell87

Reaction score
casmith07;3287838 said:
Dez Bryant's situation was not something that you drop him on your draft board for...in my opinion, Blount's repeated situations are. If he's there in the 4th or later, I'd say take a flyer on him. Other than that, there are other impact players out there that we could take prior to him and we aren't that needy at RB.

Off Topic: I'm pretty worried about the Eagles potentially drafting Jahvid Best to replace Brian Westbrook :puke: I think Best is going to be huge out of the backfield as a pass catcher.

ive actually been toying with the idea they might want mccluster. he was the first RB in sec history with 1000 rushing and 500 receiving IIRC. catching passes out of the backfield is something they value and they know what an undersized player with game breaking speed and agility can do and they might want to try to replicate the same results they have gotten.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
rkell87;3287947 said:
ive actually been toying with the idea they might want mccluster. he was the first RB in sec history with 1000 rushing and 500 receiving IIRC. catching passes out of the backfield is something they value and they know what an undersized player with game breaking speed and agility can do and they might want to try to replicate the same results they have gotten.

I dont know why but I am convinced either NYG,Wash,Philly will grab him if we don't.

rkell87

Reaction score
Muhast;3287954 said:
I dont know why but I am convinced either NYG,Wash,Philly will grab him if we don't.

i actually think i may buy his jersey if he is selected by the boys i think he has that kind of potential, i dont want him in the east if there isn't a star on his helmet