Blow it up!

mmillman

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't seem to have any coherent plan. The team missed their window with Ware Romo and Witten in their prime. Now the team is mired in salary cap draft hell. can't build through free agency due to poor cap management and can't build through the draft. Why can't they build through the draft? Because picking in the middle of the rounds almost ensures you don't get elite talent. Also Dallas has been one of the worst drafting teams since Johnson left.

Blow the team up, take the pain for a few seasons and acquire young talent. Of course Jerry won't do this as he has to sell the fans a beer product with champagne prices.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
Isn't getting rid of your entire starting defensive line from the previous year blowing it up?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some thread titles like "Blow it up" or "Calling it now" just translate to most of us as "I need attention".

CaptainCreed

Reaction score
I am struggling to remember if the board was this insane last year during FA when we were unable to spend (making huge splashes of the likes of Will Allen and Justin Durant)...I guess the rate at which your average Cowboys fan wants to hand out a bad contract maxes out at at least every two years or insanity and stupidity ensue.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't seem to have any coherent plan. The team missed their window with Ware Romo and Witten in their prime. Now the team is mired in salary cap draft hell. can't build through free agency due to poor cap management and can't build through the draft. Why can't they build through the draft? Because picking in the middle of the rounds almost ensures you don't get elite talent. Also Dallas has been one of the worst drafting teams since Johnson left.

Blow the team up, take the pain for a few seasons and acquire young talent. Of course Jerry won't do this as he has to sell the fans a beer product with champagne prices.

I think Jerry does have a plan. Getting younger is part of it. Relying on the draft also.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am struggling to remember if the board was this insane last year during FA when we were unable to spend (making huge splashes of the likes of Will Allen and Justin Durant)...I guess the rate at which your average Cowboys fan wants to hand out a bad contract maxes out at at least every two years or insanity and stupidity ensue.

I think it was just as crazy. It's difficult to measure that much hyperbole accurately though.