Twitter: Blue jerseys won't be played until SD game

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is there a good/official explanation about why the blues are so rare? I'd like to see them at least twice a season.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
The blue uniforms are unlucky. Over the years they lose more than win with them.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
We're at a point in Cowboys history when they could probably tinker with the white jerseys-only tradition if they were so inclined. I doubt the backlash would be too strong when, as far as the younger fans are concerned, no jersey has been particularly lucky.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
We're at a point in Cowboys history when they could probably tinker with the white jerseys-only tradition if they were so inclined. I doubt the backlash would be too strong when, as far as the younger fans are concerned, no jersey has been particularly lucky.

Jerry seems content to stay traditional except for the "Ed Norton" jerseys on Thanksgiving. But there was a time when we would wear those white double stars pretty often. Heck, they were even like our unofficial playoff jerseys back in the day.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what the Joneses are afraid of. I'm a traditionalist but the blue jerseys are part of our tradition. Why not embrace them? Wear them at home against division opponents.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a scientific fact that the blue ones are unlucky. They look better, but I prefer the white unis, just because they're iconic.

bark

Reaction score
It's a scientific fact that the blue ones are unlucky. They look better, but I prefer the white unis, just because they're iconic.

The curse of the blue jerseys originated when Dallas wore them in Super Bowl V.
All the quirky plays and bounces of the ball went against us. (still don't know how we lost that game) and then the eagles choose to wear their whites in the NFC championship game of 81 ( I think) again a loss and the legend was born.

CoCo

Reaction score
Someone did a list recently on the best uniforms across all major sports. I think the STL Cardinals were #1 (my team btw). The Cowboys were way, way down the list. Maybe 18 or so, behind some ridiculous uniforms like the Golden State Warriors. I thought it was absurd. Then I read the comment under their ranking. Something to the effect of so much potential but just cannot get the nuance right - like the green pants...

I have to say, I get their point. Its a bit ridiculous that as great as the basic color scheme is (blue & silver) and the absolutely iconic Star, that this org chooses to stay with green pants and struggles mightily to get the blue uni right. It shouldn't be that hard.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
[quot=boyzmamacita, post: 5180696, member: 1697"]I don't know what the Joneses are afraid of. I'm a traditionalist but the blue jerseys are part of our tradition. Why not embrace them? Wear them at home against division opponents.[/quote]

The whites were a Schramm idea. Back in the. Sixties the idea was to see every team's colors and for Dallas to be unique when playing at home. Marketing drove the decision then and it drives it now since it is part of the brand now.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
They should wear the throwback blues and chargers wear their afl jerseys throwback.