Twitter: Blue jerseys won't be played until SD game

Frozen700

Reaction score
I like our Throwback Thanksgiving day uni

The Blue looks more intimidating, so that's why I like it

joseephuss

Reaction score
It isn't about a curse. It is about image. The white jerseys are the Dallas Cowboys. When people from any part of the world think of the Cowboys, they think of the white jerseys. They don't think of the blue ones. They don't think of the original uniforms or the throwback unis. Plus Dallas can't wear their blue jerseys on the road if the home team they are playing decides to wear their own dark uniforms. The choice is out of the Cowboys hands for road games.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If color could cause luck, would you wear the same colored shirt everyday? I hope you are not serious that you believe the blue uniforms are unlucky.

At least during the 70's and early 80's the Cowboys had some crappy luck in their blue jerseys. They lost so often in their blue jerseys the NFL world caught onto it which prompted Philly who normally wore their dark jerseys at home to make the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys during the 1980 NFC title game. It was something that got into the heads of the team and the fans during the 70's. I still get a queazy feeling every time I see the Cowboys in their blue jersey's.

Thinking back there was one great game I can remember the Cowboys playing in their blue jerseys it was against Washington on a Monday Night game in 1983. Danny White brought the Cowboys from way behind to pull out a 31-30 victory. That was the game Darrell Green chased down Dorsett from behind so there was some bad luck. lol The Commanders normally wear their dark jerseys at home but even they made the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys that night. The Cowboys have had a lot of bad luck wearing their white jerseys but they wear white most of the time. For as little as they wear their blue jerseys their winning percentage hasn't been very good.

bark

Reaction score
At least during the 70's and early 80's the Cowboys had some crappy luck in their blue jerseys. They lost so often in their blue jerseys the NFL world caught onto it which prompted Philly who normally wore their dark jerseys at home to make the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys during the 1980 NFC title game. It was something that got into the heads of the team and the fans during the 70's. I still get a queazy feeling every time I see the Cowboys in their blue jersey's.

Thinking back there was one great game I can remember the Cowboys playing in their blue jerseys it was against Washington on a Monday Night game in 1983. Danny White brought the Cowboys from way behind to pull out a 31-30 victory. That was the game Darrell Green chased down Dorsett from behind so there was some bad luck. lol The Commanders normally wear their dark jerseys at home but even they made the Cowboys wear their blue jerseys that night. The Cowboys have had a lot of bad luck wearing their white jerseys but they wear white most of the time. For as little as they wear their blue jerseys their winning percentage hasn't been very good.

Some good memories in this post!!!
I believe that skins game was early sept. maybe even opening wkend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Some good memories in this post!!!
I believe that skins game was early sept. maybe even opening wkend.

It was the first Monday Night game of the 1983 season. That was Darrell Greens rookie season he made a name for himself after one game chasing down Dorsett. He was at least 7 yards behind Dorsett and came right up on him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
From where Darrell Green was on the field I'm still amazed he was able to run Dorsett down. It had to be the curse of the blue jerseys. lol

kruddy

Duffer
Reaction score
;)I think of roger staubach when I see our whites craig Morton when I see the blue ones I get night sweats..........

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Good thats the worst jersey we have! Throwbacks of course the best and I like the white.ones.

KoRnyBrad

I am the Bat!
Reaction score
I've played the Chefs 2x now in Madden 25 franchise and the default was the blue jerseys both times. Thought we'd be in blue Sunday.

DavyBaby

Reaction score
They won the 1978 NFC Championship game 28-0 (vs Rams) wearing the blue jerseys. Great looking jersey too.

I hate the blue jerseys can't think of any great games the Cowboy played wearing them. Some of the worst memories I have of watching the Cowboys play were in games where they were wearing their blue jerseys. They lost so often in them Philly made them wear blue on the road during the 1980 NFC title game and as usual the Cowboys stunk in them. They lost a SB and 2 NFC title games wearing their blue jerseys. I've been following the team since 1971 and can't recall them ever winning a playoff or championship game during that period in their blue jerseys. Does anyone know how many if any playoff games the Cowboys won wearing their blue jerseys? Would be interesting to know what their winning percentage is in their blue jerseys.

Every great Cowboy game and play I remember the team was wearing their white jerseys. Only the long-time Cowboy fans would have a hatred for the blue jerseys. It's not the look of the jerseys it's the bad luck associated with them. The throwbacks may even be worse every time I see those I think of Barry Sanders running wild against the Cowboys on a Monday Night game and the loss to the 49ers in the 1994 NFC title game. Why we wore those damn jerseys for that game I'll never know.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They won the 1978 NFC Championship game 28-0 (vs Rams) wearing the blue jerseys. Great looking jersey too.

Yeah so the Cowboys have had some luck wearing their blue jerseys but not much.

JoeyHarris

Reaction score
Love the Thanksgiving day unis. But the reason we wear white at home is that Jerry wanted a consistent uniform and look for the Cowboys. Most away games will be in the whites, so if you also where white at home you can pretty much have a official look. Plus it makes the blue uniforms a big deal!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
They were beating the Patriots a few years back before Garrett lost confidence in Romo.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Love the Thanksgiving day unis. But the reason we wear white at home is that Jerry wanted a consistent uniform and look for the Cowboys. Most away games will be in the whites, so if you also where white at home you can pretty much have a official look. Plus it makes the blue uniforms a big deal!

lol @ Jerry wanting a consistent uniform when their pants don't even match their helmets right now.