Blue Parking/Tailgating - WHAT'S THE DEAL?

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Mods, move this if needed -- I understand, I run a board/website as well. Anyway....

I've heard that Blue Lot tailgating is being reduced to a minimum at TS this year. Only 250 spots are allowed for TG'ing in that lot, but it's all good in Red and the new "Green" lot.

I had a friend that I TG with go to the game Friday and they said it's F'ed. Can't drink beer, set up a TG/canopy, etc. etc.

I'm a Blue lot man -- what am I to expect? Anyone here have the lowdown? :starspin

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dont know but I went to the Texans Game and General Parking was 30 bucks... Im still heated about that.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CATCH17;2210563 said:
I dont know but I went to the Texans Game and General Parking was 30 bucks... Im still heated about that.
Yep im really pissed i had to pay 30$$ for green parking.......coulda swore last game i went to it was like 15$%

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;2210468 said:
Mods, move this if needed -- I understand, I run a board/website as well. Anyway....

I've heard that Blue Lot tailgating is being reduced to a minimum at TS this year. Only 250 spots are allowed for TG'ing in that lot, but it's all good in Red and the new "Green" lot.

I had a friend that I TG with go to the game Friday and they said it's F'ed. Can't drink beer, set up a TG/canopy, etc. etc.

I'm a Blue lot man -- what am I to expect? Anyone here have the lowdown?

You've claimed in post after post, to be a season ticket holder. How is it that you've missed the multiple notices they've sent via snail-mail concerning this? Like my G-Pappy used to say, "Something's fishy in Denmark".

Here's an idea. If you are in fact a season tic holder, you have an account # and an account manager with a direct # to their desk. I'd call her/him with your concerns.

Glad I could help!

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2210895 said:
You've claimed in post after post, to be a season ticket holder. How is it that you've missed the multiple notices they've sent via snail-mail concerning this? Like my G-Pappy used to say, "Something's fishy in Denmark".

Here's an idea. If you are in fact a season tic holder, you have an account # and an account manager with a direct # to their desk. I'd call her/him with your concerns.

Glad I could help!

snarky yet direct

I approve of this message

Good usage on the bold as well

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Achilleslastand;2210634 said:
Yep im really pissed i had to pay 30$$ for green parking.......coulda swore last game i went to it was like 15$%

Love the Username.

That is one of my favorite songs by Zeppelin.

ETex

Reaction score
I'm a STH w Blue passes; didn't notice a "crackdown" on tailgating. There was a MASSIVE increase in police precense. Cops were everywhere! On bikes, trikes, on foot, plainclothes, you name it, they were there. The flyers cowpoke spoke of talked about better traffic control and limiting the use of parking spaces for tailgating. Sometimes people get out of control with their setups.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
CATCH17;2211316 said:
Love the Username.

That is one of my favorite songs by Zeppelin.
Yes......great song by the absolute masters......they dont make em like that anymore.
Does anyone have a email for Jerry Jones/Valley Ranch.........i like to let them know how i feel about paying 30 dollars to park in the "cheapest" parking......that after driving 200 miles to get there....but hey we got tics for 25 each so i guess i shouldnt complain too much.

DA FAN

Reaction score
Achilleslastand;2211933 said:
Yes......great song by the absolute masters......they dont make em like that anymore.
Does anyone have a email for Jerry Jones/Valley Ranch.........i like to let them know how i feel about paying 30 dollars to park in the "cheapest" parking......that after driving 200 miles to get there....but hey we got tics for 25 each so i guess i shouldnt complain too much.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a story earlier in the year and it mentioned the ones responsible for the higher parking fee is the City of Irving.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2210895 said:

Glad I could help!

While my Cowboys tix are via the Cowboys, my Blue Parking isn't from as they are and have been sold out. Bought via Ebay, so I didn't get the mail regarding this. Since I don't buy parking from them, my mail with the Cowboys is only about tickets -- and them trying to sell the new "Green Parking" to me.

I'd tell G-Pappy that he probably needed to find out the entire situation before jumping in and making ridiculous accusations. Way to be a real ******.
Anyway, can someone fill me in? Got several calls from the folks I usually tailgate with that went to the game Friday night saying they were told basically what I said in the first post. I know the problem I saw was with folks showing up an hour before the game and then trying to park right up near the stadium. If it's a huge hassle to park and tailgate in Blue, I might sell the whole season myself. Thanks.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
TAILGATING Policy Texas Stadium:

Tailgating is only allowed in Designated Tailgate Areas and tailgating patrons are urged to arrive early; once our designated tailgating areas are full the opportunity to place items outside of your vehicle is not permitted elsewhere;

Designated Areas are located around the periphery of parking lots; both at the exterior perimeter and interior perimeter recognizing that some of our tailgating patrons prefer to park close in; and some prefer parking closer to the exits;

Tailgating Areas are identified by a blue line at the edge of the parking row where tailgating is permitted; your vehicle must be parked inside of the blue areas to tailgate;

You may only tailgate in your parking space for which you have a hanging parking coupon displayed at all times; management will monitor this throughout the hours leading to kickoff; if you have more than one parking permit you are required at all times to display a permit for each space;

There are a limited number of tailgate parking spaces; to be filled on a first come first serve basis;

Patrons tailgating, in areas not specifically identified by the Cowboys as tailgate areas, will be asked to remove any tailgating items located on the ground in parking or drive areas. Failure to follow staff directions can subject you to further penalties, including, loss of tickets or parking privileges;

Well, I guess if you get there early, then it's not an issue. I know a lot of you guy's buy Blue Parking via brokers or ebay as well, so FYI. I guess it makes sense. It was a cluster last year. Saw a guy get pinned between two cars last season after the game.