Recap: Blue-White Scrimmage Tweets - 08/03/14

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 1h
Tony Romo under center for afternoon practice. Handed off three times on first series. Had nice short toss to Terrance Williams
Devin Street with a nice catch and run down the sideline. Jerry Jones was just talking about how much they like what they've seen from 15
Laron Byrd just fumbled after catching a Brandon Weeden pass. Defense recovered
Davon Coleman, Ken Bishop and Dartwan Bush have all impressed Jerry Jones. Said they're in the mix as team's top 10 defensive linemen
J.J. Wilcox with a big hit on Dez. 88 didn't like it. Dez head-butted JJ. 27 threw punches. 88 is furious pic.twitter.com/khddzZw2Zn

DeVonte Holloman shows his coverage skills, breaks up Weeden deep ball intended for Benford
Dez: "What JJ did is what we needed. Pumped that defense up."

David Helman‏@HelmanDC 1h
You can feel the collective breath holding around the fields every time there's a pileup out here.
Crowds at this training camp have been pretty meh to date. But it's full up today. Not many free seats in the house.
You don't see that often. Dez skied for a jump ball and Scandrick slapped it away. Scandrick comes up yelling "THAT'S ONE FOR THREE."
Devin Street has that long, loping kind of speed. Just skirted around a block and took a WR screen to the house from 25-30 out.
Dez's catches a short route over the middle, houses it from ~60 yards away. Trash talks Church from the 5 all the way in.

Dez and Wilcox got 2-3 solid swings at each other before teammates broke down things up.
Weeden uncorked a long one to Benford, who was open. Who got the breakup? Holloman.
Helluva play by Scandrick. 3rd down for the offense and Romo looked left. Scandrick batted it one handed and brought it in.
Scandrick chucked the ball 15-20 yards in celebration, which is a fine and probably a flag.
Romo actually said he was trying to throw the ball away on Scandrick's acrobatic pick. Which makes it even more impressive.

Rowan Kavner‏@KavnerDC 1h
Interesting. With a lot of cbs out, Jakar Hamilton coming in as a nickel cb
Coleman's camp earned him now some 1st-team DT work, but he just jumped offsides. Followed by an Escobar TD & Dez w/ some words for the def
Harris is so valuable for the little things. Perfect block on his man helps spring Street for a 20-yd bubble screen TD
Jakar Hamilton's walking off the field with a trainer
Martez Wilson, everyone. Would be huge if his speed pays dividends at DE. Just had a strip sack on Weeden, picked it up, took it for 6
FIGHT. Dez with a catch over the middle and he gets POPPED by Wilcox. Dez went right at him, JJ didn't back down. Had to be separated.
Drive ends in TD goal line fade from Romo to Dez. Easy to miss at the end of it - Dez and JJ slapped hands as they walked back after the TD
Third down pass picked off by Scandrick who skied up for the INT. It may be a scrimmage, but it's been as competitive as it could be

Brandon George‏@DMN_George 1h
Forget Jerry's big screen. A Chris Jones punt almost took out a seagull just now above practice field. Bird didn't seem fazed.
So far, WRs Devin Street and Dwayne Harris have muffed punts in practice with no one around them. WR Cole Beasley bobbled a punt.

Rainer Sabin‏@RainerSabinDMN 1h
Dwayne Harris just muffed a punt in a drill.
Travis Frederick snaps the ball over the head of Tony Romo on a goal line drill.
Brandon Weeden connects with LaRon Byrd on a back-shoulder touchdown pass. Byrd is having a good camp.
Cowboys defense is doing a poor job of defending slant patterns.
J.J. Wilcox just smashed Dez Bryant on a completion. Bryant went after Wilcox and a skirmish ensued.
Tony Romo just completed a wobbly bomb to Terrance Williams. Orlando Scandrick seemed to lose sight of the pass.
J.J. Wilcox called his hit on Dez Bryant a "cheap shot" but receiver didn't think so.

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 1h
11 on 11 with Romo in the huddle.
Crawford working with first team at LE.
Cowboys love what Davon Coleman has done so far. Getting work with ones today.
Dez excites the crowd with long catch and run TD. Fan yells, "it's ok Scandrick, he's pretty good."
Scandrick now getting into it with a fan. #nothappy
Martez Wilson with the defensive TD.
Dez said he loved Wilcox's hit on him that incited the fight. 88 knows they need their defense to step up.

Working on Rolando McClain's right arm pic.twitter.com/ycUPnfEZmV

Tim MacMahon‏@espn_macmahon 1h
Tony Romo and Dez Bryant not on same page. Romo hollers at him. Goes right back to Dez next play -- back-shoulder fade for first down.
Undrafted DT Davon Coleman is getting some work with 1s. Tyrone Crawford at LDE.
Series ends with Romo hitting flexed-out Gavin Escobar for TD on slant. Escobar should be weapon in red zone.
Dez Bryant had been talking a lot of trash to Orlando Scandrick. 32 got last word when 88 couldn't make circus catch over him in end zone.
Tony Romo sidearms a slant to Dez Bryant, who shakes off Orlando Scandrick and takes it to the house.
DE Martez Wilson beats Jermey Parnell for a strip sack, scoops it up and goes for six.
First punch by JJ Wilcox definitely connected. No damage since he hit Dez Bryant in the facemask.
Ronald Leary is getting some work with starters at LG. Legit competition with Mackenzy Bernadeau.
Orlando Scandrick makes a spectacular leaping pick on a deep out intended for Jason Witten.
Dez Bryant on JJ Wilcox's big hit on him that led to fight: "I like it. That's what we need."

Todd Archer‏@toddarcher 1h
Gavin Escobar with TD from Romo on slant. Ripped it away from Jakar Hamilton
Feisty practice so far for Dez Bryant and Orlando Scandrick
Dez Bryant ends 2 minute with at least 55 yard TD. Beat Scandrick on slant and sprinted to end zone. Where were the safeties?
JJ Wilcox lays out Dez Bryant. Bryant not happy they throw some punches before the scrum comes over.
Barry Church might be cramping. He's out
Bryant ends 2min drill with fourth down score on bullet from Romo on Scandrick.
Wilcox and Bryant just hugged it out. All might be well among them

Jean-Jacques Taylor‏@JJT_ESPNDallas 1h
Dez & Witten gave D whole lot of 4-letter grief when they scored

Drew Davison‏@drewdavison 1h
J.J. Wilcox lays out Dez Bryant and scuffle ensues. #Cowboys

Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 59m
Helluva a pick by Scandrick on pass from Romo to Dez. Miscommunication on offense. It was third and five. Offense down 19-17 with :11. Loss

RS12

Reaction score
Cowboys love what Davon Coleman has done so far. Getting work with ones today.

Looking strong for the 53 and meaningful snaps. He is going against a good line line every day.

RS12

Reaction score
I never griped about the Escobar pick, and it looks like he is coming along nicely. Looks like Linehan has some ideas on his useage. Guy uses his size to seal off DBs and he has good hands.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Dez gets it man. That man gets it! Some of our fans need to toughen up.

Yes, he does. The only thing I think he does not need to do is chide the DBs for doing their jobs. The little skirmish with Wilcox was best brought with a bring it response. But yes, he gets it.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
You gotta love the tenacity JJ is bringing to the team. If we can get that out there on game day it could be huge. Love this guy. Now we have 2 guys who know how to get fired up on the team. Hopefully more follow suit. So tired if this team being soft.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Clarence Hill‏@clarencehilljr 37m
Romo said he was trying to throw the ball away on pick to Scandrick. Scandrick made a great play going high to go get it
Romo said he is not playing in preseason opener against San Diego Will play in preseason game 2 against ravens

Charean Williams‏@NFLCharean 40m
Rolando McClain says he had tight hamstring.

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota 10m
Garrett on Wilcox's hit on Dez: "You're treading a line there. It's a competitive situation for a reason."

Tony Romo sleeping on a special bed in Oxnard? "I'm sleeping on normal stuff. We're not quite 84 years old, yet."
Tony Romo: "I feel good. You just keep playing. You just keep going and you continue to get better and better."
Tony Romo said the interception to Orlando Scandrick was a throw away. "That's why it was a hell of a play. I mean, he jumped sky high."

Orlando Scandrick: Getting interceptions is "the only thing I've been missing from my game."
Orlando Scandrick: Getting more interceptions is "the only thing that has separated me from being an above average guy and an elite guy."

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the recaps. I thought it would available on a replay basis, but it looks like they took it down.