1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Bo Scarbrough

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by America's Cowboy, Jul 13, 2018.

1. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Benched

11,240 Messages
    16,560 Likes Received
    I came from a 3A high school, and I would warm up with 405# on the squat machine. Still hold the full squat high school alma mater record of 780# since 1989.

LocimusPrime, Techsass and Trouty like this.
  2. Floatyworm

Floatyworm The Labeled One

12,631 Messages
    10,709 Likes Received
    Was thinking the same thing...:laugh:

I was max squatting 550 as a Jr in HS...I don't think he has seen the inside of a weight room that much. He's got horrible lifting form. Just looking @ that video....was expecting someone w/ much bigger legs. Instead you get a guy that has WR toothpick legs....that's a pretty big red flag IMO.

LocimusPrime and Techsass like this.
  3. dwreck27

dwreck27 Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    5,742 Likes Received
    I just hope he can be that sledge hammer for the late end of the game when we’ve been hitting zeke most of the game and the defense is ready to hit the run

4. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat

5,599 Messages
    9,033 Likes Received
    I leg pressed 1280 lbs in 1973 on a universal machine was a state record for a lil while

5. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Benched

11,240 Messages
    16,560 Likes Received
    WOW!!! That is amazing, Gpappy! :thumbup::yourock:

LocimusPrime and gp_cowpolk like this.
  6. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,620 Messages
    20,214 Likes Received
    I'm really looking forward to TC and Bo is sure to be one of the RBs that will peak my interest. If he runs behind our OL like he did for Alabama, he'd be a tough player to lose. I'm hoping he's ready to do whatever he required to in order to stick around with Dallas. I'm pretty sure he'll be required to perform adequately on special teams but with his size, speed and physicality, I see no reason why he wouldn't make the grade. He'll be one to watch in TC.

7. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,765 Messages
    5,642 Likes Received
    This is true, but even Zeke needs a breather, and even Rod Smith needs some comp for that role.
    This staff obviously feels that bigger is better,, Im ok with that philosophy, even though it bucks the current trend in the NFL of lighter backs that can catch the ball.
    Wanted Nyheim Hines this year,, but he went early 4th round,, its obvious we are going all gladiator at RB behind this OL...
    Hope that works out.

8. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,519 Messages
    71,274 Likes Received
    A few things to consider:

1. How does Tavon Austin factor into the number of running backs the team keeps?
    2. That "tank that runs a 4.5 40" lasted until the Cowboys drafted him in the 7th round
    3. The Cowboys re-signed a guy they drafted in the 6th round that runs a 4.4 40.
    I'm not saying that Scarbrough doesn't have a chance to make this roster, but that there are several factors involved that make it far from a lock. And that doesn't even go into what will likely be the key determining factor, whether or not he can contribute on special teams.

Like many of us, I'll be very interested to see what he can do during training camp and the preseason.

9. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,175 Messages
    9,113 Likes Received
    I doubt anyone but Rod and Zeke are safe, I could even see us going with an h-back type TE over a FB this year.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  10. ColoCowboy

ColoCowboy Well-Known Member

2,179 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    I am sure Bo was good value in the 7th round. Howver, I would see him more as a replacement for Rod - could be wrong, but I just don't see the Cowboys carrying Rod and Bo on the 53.

11. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

19,064 Messages
    18,137 Likes Received
    He gets the most out of his players
    It's called "coaching"
    Garrett homies aren't familiar with the concept

In any event, Saban does not produce workout warriors like you implied

LocimusPrime likes this.
  12. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

13,647 Messages
    8,667 Likes Received
    If he succeeds in the NFL it will be in a situation such as this Cowboys team or even Tennessee that commits to the run and has a good OL to create lanes for him.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

11,699 Messages
    11,244 Likes Received
    Let's see him make the team first.

LocimusPrime likes this.
  14. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

18,206 Messages
    18,941 Likes Received
    He won’t be in there long. A team will poach him. Someone will have a injury or be short a RB.

LocimusPrime and Trouty like this.
  15. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

18,206 Messages
    18,941 Likes Received
    We will have to. And we are carrying a FB. They won’t designate Austin a RB like some said. We will have to run short somewhere else to carry him. I am pulling for him because I like having a 230 pound RB to bruise defenses.

16. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Village Idiot

10,350 Messages
    10,566 Likes Received
    Saban is arguably the greatest college football coach of all time. I'm not sure why you are taking such offense.

Bo didn't do a lot in college, and he is a fringe player.

LocimusPrime, Moose48 and Trouty like this.
  17. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,329 Messages
    20,906 Likes Received
    I didn't say he was a lock. I was just giving my prediction.

18. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

18,329 Messages
    20,906 Likes Received
    I think they will slide Austin in at receiver. I keep going back and forth with Austin at RB or WR. I think training camp will give us a better look at where he will mostly play

19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,519 Messages
    71,274 Likes Received
    No, it’s cool. Just mentioning some of the factors with him.

20. TDHND

TDHND Active Member

688 Messages
    106 Likes Received
    I know I shouldn't mention his name,but his body type reminds me of Brandon Jacobs.