Bob Sanders bolts for the Bolts

johnnyd

Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
After safety Bob Sanders was cut by the Colts, former Indy coach Tony Dungy suggested that Sanders possibly would return to the team after exploring the open market.

As it turns out, Sanders liked what he saw on the open market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sanders has signed a one-year deal with the Chargers.

Sanders also had visited the Jets, Bills, and Jaguars.

San Diego has had Indy’s number for years, and Sanders now brings inside information and, if healthy, a high degree of ability. Though the Chargers won’t face the Colts during the 2011 regular season, Sanders could get a shot at his former team in the postseason.

If there’s a postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/bob-sanders-bolts-for-the-bolts/

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
johnnyd;3865334 said:
Posted by Mike Florio on March 3, 2011, 8:16 PM EST
After safety Bob Sanders was cut by the Colts, former Indy coach Tony Dungy suggested that Sanders possibly would return to the team after exploring the open market.

As it turns out, Sanders liked what he saw on the open market.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Sanders has signed a one-year deal with the Chargers.

Sanders also had visited the Jets, Bills, and Jaguars.

San Diego has had Indy’s number for years, and Sanders now brings inside information and, if healthy, a high degree of ability. Though the Chargers won’t face the Colts during the 2011 regular season, Sanders could get a shot at his former team in the postseason.

If there’s a postseason.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/bob-sanders-bolts-for-the-bolts/

Jerry Whiffed BIG TIME!

I WAS FIRST!!!!!!!!!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
ugh...we still can get Alan Ball...wonder what Pat Watkins is doing...

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
SDogo;3865337 said:
Jerry Whiffed BIG TIME!

I WAS FIRST!!!!!!!!!

I think jerry isnt going to sign or release any players till new cba is signed so jerry knows how it will affect salary cap with cowboys

SDogo

Reaction score
Hostile;3865349 said:
Jerk. I wanted this notch on my coup stick.

Just quicker on the refresh button:laugh2:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Cheap 1 year deal. Little risk, high but unlikely reward.

Seems like a decent move to me.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I just cannot imagine any safety drafted by us starting from game 1,its not our MO at all.I would like to know the backup plans if Sensabaugh leaves too.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3865337 said:
Jerry Whiffed BIG TIME!

I WAS FIRST!!!!!!!!!

There was hardly a groundswell of support for Sanders at CZ, so this qualifies as a pretty lame preemptive strike. I can only imagine the "rue" jokes are close behind. Of course, for the homers, there's never a legitimate reason to "rue" anything. In Jerry [strike]we[/strike] you trust.

SDogo

Reaction score
bbgun;3865362 said:
There was hardly a groundswell of support for Sanders at CZ, so this qualifies as a pretty lame preemptive strike. I can only imagine the "rue" jokes are close behind. Of course, for the homers, there's never a legitimate reason to "rue" anything. In Jerry [strike]we[/strike] you trust.

It was brewing with Atogwe off the board and it offered a legitimate chance for your kind to strike at Jerry. It was a perfect storm and if it hit a nerve with anyone then mission accomplished.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865352 said:
Did anyone actually want this guy?

I mean, c'mon. This guy is so overrated.

Not me. Absolutely useless waste of roster space had we signed him.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3865366 said:
It was brewing with Atogwe off the board and it offered a legitimate chance for your kind to strike at Jerry. It was a perfect storm.

Striking at Jerry? Is he only entitled to compliments and pats on the back or something? What if I think he made a mistake? What are my options?

Loved the chicken little graphic, btw. You might be the only one who doesn't think the sky fell last year.

SDogo

Reaction score
bbgun;3865372 said:
Striking at Jerry? Is he only entitled to compliments and pats on the back or something? What if I think he made a mistake? What are my options?

Loved the chicken little graphic, btw. You might be the only one who doesn't think the sky fell last year.

You make it sound so simple, as if you would of found any reason to compliment Jerry on anything. If it worked both ways with you I might buy what your selling.

Oh the sky fell last year but I'm optomistic with the changes we had. I dont see a reason to drag it on.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
BlueStar22;3865338 said:
ugh...we still can get Alan Ball...wonder what Pat Watkins is doing...

Hopefully we can re-sign "killer" Keith Davis, is he in Arena league?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SDogo;3865374 said:
You make it sound so simple, as if you would of found any reason to compliment Jerry on anything. If it worked both ways with you I might buy what your selling.

Oh the sky fell last year but I'm optomistic with the changes we had. I dont see a reason to drag it on.

Are you kidding? After watching Alan Ball in action, fans would have thrown rose petals at Jerry's feet if he had signed Atowge--me included. Remember, "hope" is not a strategy.

http://img194.*************/img194/3945/jjjjjo.jpg

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dogberry;3865389 said:
Does this mean the San Diego safety is available?

Doubtful.

It just means they have a guy who can really help if he can stay healthy.