Bob Sanders bolts for the Bolts

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865352 said:
Did anyone actually want this guy?

I mean, c'mon. This guy is so overrated.

I don't think he's THAT overrated, just never healthy.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3865352 said:
Did anyone actually want this guy?

I mean, c'mon. This guy is so overrated.
The guy lays the wood to people but unfortunately destroys himself in the process.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3865347 said:
I think jerry isnt going to sign or release any players till new cba is signed so jerry knows how it will affect salary cap with cowboys
Thats been he excuse for the last 2 years. all while other teams(some better than the Cowboys) are making moves. get ready for Alan Ball again folks. Jerry learned nothing from last year's meltdown.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
"Sources say Bob Sanders breaks hand signing w/Chargers, out for season." :laugh2:

kmp77

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3865343 said:
Wow... Looks as though Dallas will be addressing the safety position through the draft.

7th round project here we come!

dogberry

Reaction score
We look to be interviewing corner backs. If the safety position is weak, are we looking at cbs in significant numbers for safety candidates?

Bigdog

Reaction score
dogberry;3865389 said:
Does this mean the San Diego safety is available?

I think his name is Weddle (spelling) and I think he is either a RFA or UFA, could not remember. No one knows until a CBA is in place. I think he would be good one to have but might cost too much if he goes on the open market.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3865384 said:
A.J. Smith is generally considered a very good GM. Guess he's an idiot now.
I don't remember him being considered a good GM.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3865362 said:
...Of course, for the homers, there's never a legitimate reason to "rue" anything. In Jerry [strike]we[/strike] you trust.

I challenge any 'realist' to find a single 'homer' who's a regular poster and who doesn't have significant regrets on record over mistakes this team makes.

Notice, I'm not talking about the entire group of homers here, since that statement is obviously hyperbole. Just looking for one single regular poster who's generally positive but yet doesn't acknowledge mistakes when the team makes them or frustrations when the team is frustrating.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;3865384 said:
A.J. Smith is generally considered a very good GM. Guess he's an idiot now.

Let's see the terms of the one year deal before deciding how stupid he just got.

Abram Elam/Danieal Manning here we come.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3865397 said:
It just means they have a guy who can really help if he can stay healthy.

Yeah ok. And I could be really rich if I win the lottery.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
TheCount;3865402 said:
I don't think he's THAT overrated, just never healthy.

I do, never has so much been made out of so little in the history of football.

He made like 5 plays the yr he won DPOY, its the biggest joke in sports award history.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyvic;3865446 said:
Thats been he excuse for the last 2 years. all while other teams(some better than the Cowboys) are making moves. get ready for Alan Ball again folks. Jerry learned nothing from last year's meltdown.

YEAHHHH!!!! SEASON OVER ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free agency hasnt even happened and people are already writing stupid crap like this left and right.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Idgit;3865610 said:
Let's see the terms of the one year deal before deciding how stupid he just got.

Abram Elam/Danieal Manning here we come.

Not sure if you understood what I was saying, or if I understand what you are... :duh:

I'm not saying we should have signed Sanders. I probably wouldn't have, but I wouldn't have complained if we did. But some have acted like signing him would be an absolutely brain dead decision that only an idiot would make, yet a very well-regarded GM of a team that's won a lot of games the last several years just did it.

And yes, Smith is considered a very good GM. Maybe a jerk personally, but a very good GM.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not interested in Sanders, the injurys have been an on going thing with him and having a S for a few games within a season is not going to solve the problem at safety.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;3865725 said:
Not sure if you understood what I was saying, or if I understand what you are... :duh:

I'm not saying we should have signed Sanders. I probably wouldn't have, but I wouldn't have complained if we did. But some have acted like signing him would be an absolutely brain dead decision that only an idiot would make, yet a very well-regarded GM of a team that's won a lot of games the last several years just did it.

And yes, Smith is considered a very good GM. Maybe a jerk personally, but a very good GM.

Yeah, I'm only saying Sanders is a very high-risk, high reward guy. This was just a roll of the dice. I'm glad we didn't take it, but I'm not surprised a good team did.

I know some people think highly of AJ Smith. Jerk or not, I'm just don't get it. He let's young talent walk over talent disputes, has well-documented ego problems with his head coaches and has taken a roster with Superbowl talent and generally underachieved with it. He's got a reputation because of his association with John Butler, who was a great GM (or at least a great personnel guy).