Twitter: Bob Sturm:Cam Erving is a good swing tackle until he has to play

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In other words, he's fine for a series or 2 or even maybe a game. But asking him to play multiple games is asking for trouble. You can't hide him that long (lol).

It's a mystery how Cam Erving is still in the league.

PFF grades him in the *40s* every year of his career. I probably have seen a player or two grade in the 40s for a season, but never anyone year after year after year.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cam-erving/9452?season=2019

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Started 8 games at LT last year for the Super Bowl champions...

But how did he play???????? Starting and playing at a high level are two different things. If we're talking A, B, C or D, where would he grade for the 8 games?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just me but I'd rather see Connor Williams.........NOW is the time.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Sturm sounds like the usuals on here. :lmao:

Except Sturm is a respected sportswriter locally and nationally. Sturm knows his stats. Sturm is pretty spot on most of the time, but for us Cowboys fans, the truth hurts. Why does Stephen A harass Cowboys fans? Because Jerry deserves all the flack he gets and so do us fans. Winning changes everything and is the only cure for this. Dont hate Sturm or Stephen A just because they cite facts.

cowboyec

Reaction score
hopefully Collins doesnt miss more than 3 weeks.
havent watched enuff of Erving....i remember him at Fsu playing C...and in Cleveland playing C/G...he wasn't as good as he was at Fsu.
dont think i've seen him play OT.
hopefully servicable til La'el comes back.

reddyuta

Reaction score
this is a disaster we may not overcome, Erwing can give up a sack on every play

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon Knight is the better alternative at right tackle until Collins is back. Erving is a very soft player.
Knight tweaked his ankle recently, so let's hope a good tape job has him ready. If not, that leaves us with Steele and possibly McGovern as a stop gap if Erving craps out.