Twitter: Bob Sturm has hunch Dak is signed by Thursday at 8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You can build quick these days. Rosters only last last 2-3 years.
Right. Teams can be completely rebuilt in 2-3 years....but with THIS crew??

No.

Same argument as Dak didn't win while taking up hardly any cap room, yet he is supposed to at 20%.

Nav22

Reaction score
Only Dak apologists like you talk about stats for QB success

To me and most Cowboys fans “success” means getting to the playoffs and winning in the playoffs and getting to and winning CCGs and SBs

This team with Dak has made the playoffs 2 out of 4 seasons (not counting 2020 although the team had a horrible record with Dak as QB)

1 playoff win in 4 years starting

ZERO CCGs or SBs

that’s NOT success
Okay.

Now break down Deshaun Watson’s level of success, please.

Texans went 4-12 last season.

Go ahead. We’re all ears.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Okay.

Tis the reason the HC and GM were both canned and now Watson wants out because they can't put quality players around him. Yeah, sure did work out really well for the Texans. Bad decisions create bad consequences, except if you are Jerry and Stephen.

blueblood70

Reaction score
BR just pushed notice says DC FO optimistic they will have dak signed by March 9th,, odd all these rumors are heating up..smoke =fire

Hadenough

Reaction score
so who is going to ask Dak to come show us his ankle? or you think the team doctors, trainers et. al have access to all his medical record, and perhaps, there is a slight, tiny little chance they may know more than me and you...just a tiny itsy bitsy little chance....
I'm not saying his ankle won't heal up and in the eyes of a doctor be fine. But with that steel plate and screws he may not be the same player.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
To me it means talks are scheduled and there’s hope. I pray they sign him this week, sooner the better. If they end up tagging him, we will be totally hamstrung in free agency. There are teams in serious cap situations who are going to allow very good players hit the market. Signing Dak to a contract will lower his cap hit significantly, entice players in free agency to meet knowing we have our offense ready to roll, and allow us to roll with the punches and make the best decisions during the draft.

If they believe in Dak, they sign him now. The franchise tag is a huge mistake.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
March 9th, is supposed to be the deadline by which Dak's long term contract is due to be signed.

What occurs then, is when a long term contract must be enacted before the franchise tag is due.

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Peyton was drafted by the worst team in football. Day was drafted into the best offense in the NFL.

Learn an iota of football please.
I didn't say how the team was built. or the state of the team. his first four playoff games were all losses. he didn't go to playoffs his first year...so once they made it....four years in a row, 4 losses.

in 2015, cowboys offense was 22nd in the league, 31st in scoring.

hmmm, so who is that should learn and iota of football....please....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not saying his ankle won't heal up and in the eyes of a doctor be fine. But with that steel plate and screws he may not be the same player.
again, what I said stands..... team doctors. team trainers. Dak's doctors and coaches and Joneses know more about his ankle than you or I guesses.

visionary

Reaction score
Okay.

Please stick to the topic

We are talking about the “success” or lack thereof, of your hero, one Dak Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.