Twitter: Bob Sturm has hunch Dak is signed by Thursday at 8:30 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm guessing most people in here do. At least you have a good sense of humor about it.

what a fluckin’ craze o. Did the dude really tell another poster that he knew more than him? What is this, fluckin’ middle school? For fluck’s sake!!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation, but your flaccid attempts at zings can't cover your homerism. I've already agreed the team as a whole stunk, but that it doesn't excuse QB play...not this season, or last season, or the season before that. Fans like you would be fine with Dak locked up for 5 years and never make the playoffs, blaming the team around him the entire way.
SMH. we have been to two playoffs in 4 years with Dak playing full season (2020 Dak was injured and we got stuck with Dink and Dunk Dalton)....so never make playoffs? hmmmm actually the season before that we went 1-1 in the playoffs...hmmmm

may I ask how long you been following football?

read the book I recommended. if you give me your address I will just order it for you from amazon....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
SMH. we have been to two playoffs in 4 years with Dak playing full season (2020 Dak was injured and we got stuck with Dink and Dunk Dalton)....so never make playoffs? hmmmm actually the season before that we went 1-1 in the playoffs...hmmmm

may I ask how long you been following football?

read the book I recommended. if you give me your address I will just order it for you from amazon....

Of course you conveniently forget we never would have made the playoffs that gave Dak his single playoff win had they not signed Cooper. I thought it was a team thing, so you must recognize that much, yes?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Of course you conveniently forget we never would have made the playoffs that gave Dak his single playoff win had they not signed Cooper. I thought it was a team thing, so you must recognize that much, yes?
OMG, I knew you were green, but you just surprised me...didn't think you were this green.

so you think Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson were type of WRs and Jeff Swaim as TE that can lead a team. given you claim to have such football expertise, tell me who has been able to do anything with 3rd rate WRs...Brady? Rodgers? Wilson? Brees? give me examples....tell me who their WRs were. tell me how they did with players like thompson, hurns and swaim. show me you know football.

and the FACT that when we got cooper, Dallas had the #1 offense in the league for those 8 games. we had #2 offense in 2019.

never said Dak was elite, there is only a couple of three each season....he is 100% top 10.....

and since now you agree that its a team thing, how do you hold the defense accountable? or is all the wins/losses on the QB?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I also suggest using a few more emojis. The minimum limit required to influence readers to believe your point about anything is 30.
oh, insults....niicceeee...... I am 3.....you are 10x too old on your guess....now what? insult some more.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Would be good bye super bowl without him as well. There have been 244 QB’s here in last 26 years, you think one QB is the difference?

I think a cheap QB keeps the door open for possibility.

I think signing a non elite QB to an elite QB contract slams the door shut.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Sturm sometimes has some good technical analysis. Better than most.
But insider he for sure is not.
I disagree with this. He definitely has sources on the inside and is consistently right about what is going on at the Star.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
OMG, I knew you were green, but you just surprised me...didn't think you were this green.

so you think Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson were type of WRs and Jeff Swaim as TE that can lead a team. given you claim to have such football expertise, tell me who has been able to do anything with 3rd rate WRs...Brady? Rodgers? Wilson? Brees? give me examples....tell me who their WRs were. tell me how they did with players like thompson, hurns and swaim. show me you know football.

and the FACT that when we got cooper, Dallas had the #1 offense in the league for those 8 games. we had #2 offense in 2019.

never said Dak was elite, there is only a couple of three each season....he is 100% top 10.....

and since now you agree that its a team thing, how do you hold the defense accountable? or is all the wins/losses on the QB?

Before we got Cooper, were we going to make the playoffs? Yes or no? The season was over, #1 offense or no. Hey, I'll give Dak credit where it is due in his one playoff win...his determination toward the end of that game was bar-none. But then what? Some empty stats? Good garbage time numbers? The guy couldn't beat the JETS. It's a team game, and they have all stunk it up to lose as a team. We don't have to break the bank for these results. And to your point about the awful defense...that's yet another reason why you don't break the bank on a QB who gives you average results. The bleeding is from many wounds.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Okay.

Now break down Deshaun Watson’s level of success, please.

Texans went 4-12 last season.

Go ahead. We’re all ears.
They should have traded for Amari Cooper.
Oh wait, they traded away their Amari Cooper.

Didn't work out.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Before we got Cooper, were we going to make the playoffs? Yes or no? The season was over, #1 offense or no. Hey, I'll give Dak credit where it is due in his one playoff win...his determination toward the end of that game was bar-none. But then what? Some empty stats? Good garbage time numbers? The guy couldn't beat the JETS. It's a team game, and they have all stunk it up to lose as a team. We don't have to break the bank for these results. And to your point about the awful defense...that's yet another reason why you don't break the bank on a QB who gives you average results. The bleeding is from many wounds.
we were 3 and 5. small chance of making playoffs. season wasn't over.

and again answer my question, did Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Watson, Mahomes, etc. do it with the likes of Hurns and Thompson and Swaim? give me a QB that produced high results, won a lot and led a high octane offense with below average and 3rd rate WRs....just give me a list......

and is having a chance with 3 minutes to go in the game, being within a score considered garbage time?

yes we lost to the jets. its called an upset. do you want me to list the games, rodgers, wilson, brees, brady, watson, mahomes, manning lost to teams that were bad.....you want to sit there and tell me none of those guys every lost to any team they should have beat? they were never upset in any game? so your standard of measure is perfection.....right? if Dak is not perfect, every game. every throw. every pass. every play. every quarter. then you are going to find faults and blame him? right? tell me if I am wrong.....

and is the defense responsible? how about coaching? tell me how many rings would Brady win with garrett, linehan and Moore as his coaches?

the fact of the matter is the cowboys stayed competitive because of Dak. without him, we clearly saw the results. routine blow outs...I mean blow outs galore to average teams like WFT, AZ and Ravens...and struggle to beat teams with 4 wins, playing their back up QBs and lose to a 5-11 team that had its starting QB....

and what you haven't provided is any viable alternative to Dak, just that you don't want to pay him 40.....how are you going to replace a top 10 QB?

Cowfan75

Reaction score

and again answer my question, did Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, Watson, Mahomes, etc. do it with the likes of Hurns and Thompson and Swaim? give me a QB that produced high results, won a lot and led a high octane offense with below average and 3rd rate WRs....just give me a list......

and is having a chance with 3 minutes to go in the game, being within a score considered garbage time?

yes we lost to the jets. its called an upset. do you want me to list the games, rodgers, wilson, brees, brady, watson, mahomes, manning lost to teams that were bad.....you want to sit there and tell me none of those guys every lost to any team they should have beat? they were never upset in any game? so your standard of measure is perfection.....right? if Dak is not perfect, every game. every throw. every pass. every play. every quarter. then you are going to find faults and blame him? right? tell me if I am wrong.....

and is the defense responsible? how about coaching? tell me how many rings would Brady win with garrett, linehan and Moore as his coaches?

the fact of the matter is the cowboys stayed competitive because of Dak. without him, we clearly saw the results. routine blow outs...I mean blow outs galore to average teams like WFT, AZ and Ravens...and struggle to beat teams with 4 wins, playing their back up QBs and lose to a 5-11 team that had its starting QB....

and what you haven't provided is any viable alternative to Dak, just that you don't want to pay him 40.....how are you going to replace a top 10 QB?

There have been lots of "upsets" with Dak under center. A viable alternative? I don't have one, and maybe we find one and maybe we don't if we move on from Dak. But I know that we stand a better chance of fixing other garbage areas of the team if we don't go all-in on Dak. Even if you think Dak is a top QB, how far will he get us as things stand? Without some major upgrades, we already know the answer.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

The Dak haters have an agenda and no amount of stats, facts, or otherwise is changing their minds. Prescott was playing at an MVP level in 2020 without an offensive line and getting zero support from the worst defense in football.

Also, with Dak the Cowboys would have beaten WFT at least once, would have won the DiNucci game at Philly, would have beaten the Steelers, and would have beat the Giants in the finale. That means this terrible 6-10 Cowboys team would have won at least ten games in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.