Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Whichever tag gives us the ability to let another team sign him for 2 first round picks is the tag we need to use.

I hate the idea of losing him, but I understand. As long as we get compensation for our loss I can accept it and hold my breath for another QB.

Please don't freaking sign an Andy Dalton bridge scrub either. Get a stud or draft a stud and if there is no one available then tank with purpose and build draft capital. Andy's 8-8 max won't help us.

If we go that route we need to cut dead weight as well. Half measures will only lead to further mediocrity.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Whichever tag gives us the ability to let another team sign him for 2 first round picks is the tag we need to use.

I hate the idea of losing him, but I understand. As long as we get compensation for our loss I can accept it and hold my breath for another QB.

Please don't freaking sign an Andy Dalton bridge scrub either. Get a stud or draft a stud and if there is no one available then tank with purpose and build draft capital. Andy's 8-8 max won't help us.

If we go that route we need to cut dead weight as well. Half measures will only lead to further mediocrity.

If they go that route you can forget SBs for at least a couple of years. And Jerry imho will never do anything that risks the team going 4-12 or such, he just abhors that....

bodi

Reaction score
Prescott, an unrestricted free agent, to score a three-year, $124.5 million deal — $41.5 million per year — with $100 million fully guaranteed at signing and a $60 million signing bonus.

LMAO

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I don’t see any team giving up a 1st round pick for Dak when they know that he is going to be an unrestricted free agent in about a year.

Other teams will also have a clear understanding of how Dak recovers from his injury by then.

Jerry isn’t going to get anything in return.

He can rent Dak for another year before he leaves.

Mismanagement.

Last edited:

visionary

Reaction score
At this point I am completely ambivalent about the Prescott signing

I was a fan of his to begin with because of what he did in 2016 but he has subsequently shown himself to be an above e average QB who is greedy and wants elite money

if Jerry caves and signs him I’m fine, if they tag and trade him I’m fine

just move on

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Well, that was a bold prediction, at best, for Bob Sturm to make. It's Thursday, well past noon and there's no announcement about a Dak signing. There's still until March 9th for a long term agreement to occur before a franchise tag is due to be enacted. I can live with that -- can you? :rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's looking like Dak will be playing on the tag again this season.

If that's the case, I'd say it makes the most sense to sign and trade if there's no hope of signing Dak for the long term
really how so?? they have until march 9th to apply tag then until nearly the start fo the season to get the deal done until he will be stuck on the tag..and a BIG IF, dak may not sign it and hold out..he may pull a Bell heal another year and we will be drafting mac jones at 10..i can what if you to death..

you are getting way to far ahead deadlines not even close..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There is nothing Dak can do to win over people who hate him. Thankfully he doesn't have to. He only has to please three guys named Jones, one named Moore and one named McCarthy. The opinions of a thousand idiots on the internet and a hundred "experts" on TV don't amount to a hill o beans. I don't claim to know how close or how far away Dak is to signing. Unlike a lot of folks here. I can wait.. He will sign when he signs. Whether it be today, tomorrow, next week, next month. Yes I would prefer it be sooner than later because what they do with his contract greatly impacts what they will do in the draft and in free agency and those things interest me. The rest is just background noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.