News: Bob Sturm: Why I was so wrong about Cowboys coach Jason Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So,

You think Catch17's action occurred before BDC's action?

Didn't know about the forum's recent activity tracking, did ya? :p

I read it, so obviously I know when it was posted. None the less, its right in front of your eyes. And NO, you didnt have to go back 7 pages to see others.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here, let me clue you in to how this usually works. Most coaches go into college coaching and have some success there before they come to the NFL.

Garrett did what exactly? He was the QB coach for a few years before Jones hired him. Had never been a head coach at ANY level. Not the NFL, college, Highschool, or pop warner.

And it certainly showed here in Dallas. When the owner himself tells us that we have suffered through his growing pains, then unfortunately that is the kiss of death for you. No arguing any more. Jones was just stating the obvious. Facts are stubborn things aren't they?

And last time I checked, Bellicheck had 4 SB rings? And you continue to compare Garrett to him. LOL

But keep it coming. Blowing your nonsense out of the water is becoming a full time job for me. FYI...Notice all the likes I keep getting on my posts?

too many drivel's from you to respond to idiotic senseless repeatedly proven wrong childish rhetoric you throw around. you show you know less about footbball with every post. so I enjoy putting the fool on full display.

first you said most...then there are some who don't coach college ranks. right?

second did bilicheck coach college ranks? or any head coaching experience prior to the browns? there are actually quite a few who didn't.

so coaching in college is not a precursor to coaching in the pros.

no one is comparing garrett to today's bilicheck. but way back then, when you were still in diapers, bilicheck was a failure as a head coach and well wasn't a head coach for a while. he actually had less success than garrett. the comparison was bilicheck's start as a head coach vs. garrett.

but you seem to want to only rely on your hind sight is 20/20 and predict the past.

pete carroll failed as a head coach in the NFL before he went to college to find success. in fact he was fired!!!!

simple really if you did some research.

son, the only thing you have ever gone back to consistently in your foolish half arsed posts is garrett doesn't run the ball. that's all you have said and nothing but. btw, it was in plain sight for you to see. given you as a fool brought it up any way. you, yes you and I can point you to your own posts since you tend to forget what you post as you spin a lot, that because we ran the ball we had great TOP, thus better defense as a result compared to last year. if you had a longer attention span you would would have seen that three years ago we had similar TOP and we weren't running the ball. wait. I actually pointed that out to you which you just plain ignored...again usual act on your part as it didn't fit your flawed argument.

son. go back to your books (it will do you good). don't try to learn this complicated stuff as its above your level of understanding. just watch the game. cheer when you see the crowd cheering. watch the beer commercials and enjoy yourself.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I read it, so obviously I know when it was posted. None the less, its right in front of your eyes. And NO, you didnt have to go back 7 pages to see others.
So you're laughing that BDC was correct and you were not? Well, heaven forbid anyone ever saying you don't have a sense of humor. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
too many drivel's from you to respond to idiotic senseless repeatedly proven wrong childish rhetoric you throw around. you show you know less about footbball with every post. so I enjoy putting the fool on full display.

second did bilicheck coach college ranks? or any head coaching experience prior to the browns? there are actually quite a few who didn't.

no one is comparing garrett to today's bilicheck. but way back then, when you were still in diapers, bilicheck was a failure as a head coach and well wasn't a head coach for a while. he actually had less success than garrett. the comparison was bilicheck's start as a head coach vs. garrett.

but you seem to want to only rely on your hind sight is 20/20 and predict the past.

pete carroll failed as a head coach in the NFL before he went to college to find success. in fact he was fired!!!!

son, the only thing you have ever gone back to consistently in your foolish half arsed posts is garrett doesn't run the ball. that's all you have said and nothing but. btw, it was in plain sight for you to see. given you as a fool brought it up any way. you, yes you and I can point you to your own posts since you tend to forget what you post as you spin a lot, that because we ran the ball we had great TOP, thus better defense as a result compared to last year. if you had a longer attention span you would would have seen that three years ago we had similar TOP and we weren't running the ball. wait. I actually pointed that out to you which you just plain ignored...again usual act on your part as it didn't fit your flawed argument.

son. go back to your books (it will do you good). don't try to learn this complicated stuff as its above your level of understanding. just watch the game. cheer when you see the crowd cheering. watch the beer commercials and enjoy yourself.

LOL...........you're the clown that keeps comparing Garrett to Carroll and Bellicheck.

Here is a piece of free advice for you.........dont do it, you sound foolish.

And if you saying that their records being similar to start their careers isnt saying that Garrett will turn out to be Bellicheck then you just proved my point.

Its a useless coincidence, nothing more.

Without a doubt one of the lamest angles or arguments anyone has EVER put forth when promoting a coach.

And if you had ANY brains then you would know that TOP isnt the ONLY thing that a running game does for a team or the offense.

Like most angry little garrett homers like you, you cant win the argument so you focus on one little side point because its all you got.

The Cowboys went 12-4 last year after going 8-8 3 years in a row. And the big differences in the team were:

-The run game going from bad to great
-Linehan running the offense and Garrett not
-The defense improvement and especially the turnovers they created.

Yet you are going to sit here and act like the Run game did nothing. LOL!!!!!

In attempt to defend Garrett, you are showing you simply don't understand football.

So tell me genius...................was Emmitt Smith and run game important to the Cowboys winning 3 SB's in the 90's?

Oh wait, this isnt the 90's, its a passing league right? LOL ummm..............SEAHAWKS?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you're laughing that BDC was correct and you were not? Well, heaven forbid anyone ever saying you don't have a sense of humor. :)

I'm laughing because of the fact that his insecurities about looking foolish forced him to try and change the argument to something so laughable.

He also lied about going back 7 pages. There are like on this page alone. Rather ironic that there was one right above his response.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm laughing because of the fact that his insecurities about looking foolish forced him to try and change the argument to something so laughable.

He also lied about going back 7 pages. There are like on this page alone. Rather ironic that there was one right above his response.
This is not a chicken/egg paradox. The like was applied after BDC posted. Your logic, again, is flawed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL...............so at some point Bellicheck was in diapers and was a bad coach so therefore Garrett will be?

My argument is completely rational or accurate. And thats quite clear in that you have NOTHING but insults to disprove it.

Garrett had little experience in coaching before he got to Dallas and it showed in his learning curves and laughable mistakes.

Why dont you start by disproving that. Cmon big shot, disprove it.

bububbubububbubbubububut aaaaallll Rookies make mistakes. aananananaand Bellicheck made mistakes in diapers right? ahahahaahahahaaha!!!!

GREAT POINT!!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is not a chicken/egg paradox. The like was applied after BDC posted. Your logic, again, is flawed.

Yet it doesn't disprove the fact that there are plenty of likes prior. And I never said it was posted prior so the comment is moot.

AGAIN, you lose the argument.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet it doesn't disprove the fact that there are plenty of likes prior. And I never said it was posted prior so the comment is moot.

AGAIN, you lose the argument.
Unlike you, I can admit making a mistake.

I was wrong stating "...BDC was correct..." I respect him a great deal. He may wish to follow up with you on that. If not, meh.

I was correct about CATCH17's like that I posted in reply to you.

You see? Manning up isn't difficult.

So CowboyRoy? Was I right or wrong about the timing of CATCH17's like? Understand that particular like did not exist beforehand.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Unlike you, I can admit making a mistake.

I was wrong stating "...BDC was correct..." I respect him a great deal. He may wish to follow up with you on that. If not, meh.

I was correct about CATCH17's like that I posted in reply to you.

You see? Manning up isn't difficult.

So CowboyRoy? Was I right or wrong about the timing of CATCH17's like? Understand that particular like did not exist beforehand.

I already said that particular one was after.

That fact, however, has nothing to do with the fact that I was right that there was likes on my stuff all over this thread. It was a moot point.

Kabeesh???

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I already said that particular one was after.

That fact, however, has nothing to do with the fact that I was right that there was likes on my stuff all over this thread. It was a moot point.

Kabeesh???
sigh. You are such a Rowdy. :laugh:

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
So... If we go 8-8 this year, will everyone still on on the RJ bandwagon?

The first 3 years there were plenty of excuses, but with this deep, talented squad - it's put up or shut up time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So... If we go 8-8 this year, will everyone still on on the RJ bandwagon?

The first 3 years there were plenty of excuses, but with this deep, talented squad - it's put up or shut up time.
I believe only serious injuries to key players would drop the team to .500 or worse. Having said that, I'm going to blow my fingers off now just as soon as I contact JPP...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:laugh:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I believe only serious injuries to key players would drop the team to .500 or worse. Having said that, I'm going to blow my fingers off now just as soon as I contact JPP...

I dont see 8-8. But then again, I didnt see 12-4. If Romo stays healthy and we can again be a dominant run team, I dont see any problems making the playoffs. The defense will be better any way you slice it. Pass rush HAS to be better. Continuity in the coaching staff and new found confidence with the team from last year.

khiladi

Reaction score
Tongue and Cheek? What kind of nonsense is that? Jerry point blank said he wanted Manziel and they talked him out of it. End of story.

Saying things sarcastically is tongue-and-cheek.. you know because everybody attributes stupid things to him, so he just plays along..

Like I said, he already stated explicitly before the draft there is no way they were going QB first round. And his own words said that he went with Zach Martin. There is NO words that are from him which state he wanted Manziel over anybody else and he was convinced out of it. Those were stories drummed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.