News: Bob Sturm: Why I was so wrong about Cowboys coach Jason Garrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You must be drunk or on drugs. I never said Garrett is Belichek. LOL!

LOL..........Its 11:20, not yet. NO, I just have higher standards then you for coaching. I couldnt wait for Kiffin to be out of here too. Wade, it was time for him to go. Parcells, I hated. Most people have something good inside them they can do. One of the keys to life is putting people in position to succeed or where they can succeed.

Putting Garret in control of the offense was NOT what he did well. He just didnt. And Jones finally figured that out after 7 years. Garrett now is where he can do some good. I would have hired someone else. But after 8 years of bumbling, lets see if he can do something away from the offense as a walk around coach. I like the results of the first year. But any notion that Garrett gets a pass for the first 7 years or that he is the reason for the big turnaround is a completely laughable joke. The facts say different. Many things in this organization have improved of late. Jones and Stephen running the franchise differently being the biggest one. McClay running the draft is another one. Figuring out Garrett cant handle the offense was another. And no, Garrett doesnt get credit for those things simply because you want to put it there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
yet they ended up 8-8 and were in the playoff hunt all three years in the last week of the season, two of the games being played away and one of the games with a back up QB. how could he be out coached every week and still win 8 games and be a playoff contender? specially when everyone and the same media and fans you like to quote, had predicted 4-12 to 6-10 at best in those three years? isn't it exceeding expectations when you beat what everyone predicts?

and you outlined a few players, but failed to mention the horrible defenses we had. you point to ware, yet failed to mention he was injured including that game against the Commanders where he played with one arm and couldn't tackle. you failed to mention the team specially the defense suffered a large number of injuries two years ago and we had one of the worst all time defenses. yes, one of the worst all time. yet the offense carried the team to an 8-8 record. you want to pin everything on offense and garrett,, yet in all of this never mentioned the team's defensive failures and how wade who was supposed to be this defensive guru left the tank so empty we had people off the street starting for the team.

yeah, lets conveniently forget facts that don't suit your argument.

its called spinning

btw, wade is a 3 time failed HC. facts speak for themselves. he screwed up the cowboys. that's a fact. and wade needed the most help in picking all of his coaches.

Any head coach would have failed with Garrett bumbling the offense. The one thing we can say about Wade is that was a very good DC. That is what he did well. You cant even say that much about Garrett.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LOL..........Its 11:20, not yet. NO, I just have higher standards then you for coaching. I couldnt wait for Kiffin to be out of here too. Wade, it was time for him to go. Parcells, I hated. Most people have something good inside them they can do. One of the keys to life is putting people in position to succeed or where they can succeed.

Putting Garret in control of the offense was NOT what he did well. He just didnt. And Jones finally figured that out after 7 years. Garrett now is where he can do some good. I would have hired someone else. But after 8 years of bumbling, lets see if he can do something away from the offense as a walk around coach. I like the results of the first year. But any notion that Garrett gets a pass for the first 7 years or that he is the reason for the big turnaround is a completely laughable joke. The facts say different. Many things in this organization have improved of late. Jones and Stephen running the franchise differently being the biggest one. McClay running the draft is another one. Figuring out Garrett cant handle the offense was another. And no, Garrett doesnt get credit for those things simply because you want to put it there.

You seem to hate everyone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
oh, how convenient. I guess it doesn't suit your argument. the fact is that at the same juncture, those head coaches had the same opportunities to draft, acquire players for a long period in forming a team to fit their philosophy. they had the same opportunities to hire their staff and pull things together. yet they didn't.

and let me ask you since you spoke so as a matter of factly. did you watch carroll coach games? all of those games? week in week out? did you watch bilicheck coach the browns? week in week out? how do you so as a matter of factly state that they didn't have blunders? didn't carol get fired? he had two 6-10 seasons. he lost 10 games. he took over a new England playoff reasy team and in three years went from 10-6 to 8-8. guess who followed Carroll as new England head coach?

so explain why the record doesn't matter? is it because it doesn't suit your argument and disproves all you have said? please spin for the forum.....

You are talking about a common coincidence nothing more. And if this is the basis for your argument that Garrett is on his way to becoming the next Bellicheck, then its no wonder are so lost. For every coincidence in record you bring up, I can bring up one that shows the opposite. Bellicheck and Carroll also have much more control than Garrett has. Not even comparable.

And the record doesnt matter because they are completely difference teams and situations.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know where to look?

facepalm.jpg

Actually that isn't enough.

double-facepalm1.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know where to look?
DallasEast To Do List
1. Download image of avatar
2. Download audio of The Twilight Zone theme song
3. Combine image and audio into video
4. Upload video to YouTube
5. Before posting YouTube video on forum, re-read CowboysZone rule #8

RATS! :mad:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And this coming from a guy that call himself AmberBeer? NOw that was funny.
A member with an avatar having a head large enough to stick on Mount Rushmore, eyes from Ghostbusters' StayPuff marshmallow man, Batman Jack Nicholson's Joker grin, wearing double zero, and a messed up hat, cracking on another member's name.

Irony, part II.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I doubt any artificial mind-altering influences are involved. You never said Garrett was Belichek but he may "see" the words nonetheless.

I could be wrong but I doubt any artificial mind-altering influences are involved. You never said Garrett was Belichek but he may "see" the words nonetheless.
A member with an avatar having a head large enough to stick on Mount Rushmore, eyes from Ghostbusters' StayPuff marshmallow man, Batman Jack Nicholson's Joker grin, wearing double zero, and a messed up hat, cracking on another member's name.

Irony, part II.

There is nothing cool about your avatar or your name. Just an FYI.........

I look to football knowledge in judging a poster. I guess if you don't have that, you can fluff up the other stuff eh?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.