Bobby Belt listed some names to watch tonight

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Some names I think are worth watching today: Jonathon Brooks Blake Corum Dominick Puni Edgerrin Cooper Junior Colson Trevin Wallace

Just saw Dane's day 2 mock as well, he had Brooks, Wallace & Puni-3 off that list, they know something.

Also, heard Broaddus name drop Puni's name this morning as a player to watch.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Some names I think are worth watching today: Jonathon Brooks Blake Corum Dominick Puni Edgerrin Cooper Junior Colson Trevin Wallace

Just saw Dane's day 2 mock as well, he had Brooks, Wallace & Puni-3 off that list, they know something.

I really like Puni as a center option if Frazier and JPJ are gone (or if JPJ is off our board). I think he brings more power to the position than some of the C-only candidate who will be left at that point. Of course, he also brings no experience.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I really like Puni as a center option if Frazier and JPJ are gone (or if JPJ is off our board). I think he brings more power to the position than some of the C-only candidate who will be left at that point. Of course, he also brings no experience.
I am starting to believe he is their target at 87. Makes a lot of sense to take a versatile lineman who can even play the Center position. I read he cross trained at both Guard/Center during his career.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I am starting to believe he is their target at 87. Makes a lot of sense to take a versatile lineman who can even play the Center position. I read he cross trained at both Guard/Center during his career.
The stuff that I read said he was tried at the position, in Senior Bowl practices, I believe, and looked good. Granted, that's a very limited look, but at least it gives us an option. I don't know about 87, though; it seems he's more in the 73 range. Center would be a good spot for him because he doesn't have the speed to play tackle. However, he would be hard to move when protected on both sides and could provide a push with Martin and Smith. Of course, his movement skills seem good enough at guard as well although he may not be great at pulling at either spot.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I think Puni is overrated. Would not love that pick.In fact, a 2nd round pick would go in the Jerry Hall of Fame of Reaches.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The stuff that I read said he was tried at the position, in Senior Bowl practices, I believe, and looked good. Granted, that's a very limited look, but at least it gives us an option. I don't know about 87, though; it seems he's more in the 73 range. Center would be a good spot for him because he doesn't have the speed to play tackle. However, he would be hard to move when protected on both sides and could provide a push with Martin and Smith. Of course, his movement skills seem good enough at guard as well although he may not be great at pulling at either spot.
I read on the beast that he did cross train during the season.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think Puni is overrated. Would not love that pick.In fact, a 2nd round pick would go in the Jerry Hall of Fame of Reaches.
I wouldn't take him in the second. I've seen him rated in the 70s.

Aven8

Reaction score
Booby Belt with some great reporting there….those are all dudes we brought in! Lol

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Kyle Youman's from DC.com adds the following names...

2nd Round:
Jonathan Brooks, RB (Texas) - Edgerrin Cooper, LB (Texas A&M) - Junior Colson, LB (Michigan) - Zach Frazier, IOL (West Virginia) - Cooper Beebe, IOL (Kansas State) - Braden Fiske, IDL (Florida State)

3rd Round:
Trey Benson, RB (Florida State) - Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL (Oregon) - Malachi Corley, WR (W. Kentucky) - Trevin Wallace, LB (Kentucky) - Ruke Orhorhoro, DL (Clemson) - DeWayne Carter, IDL (Duke) - MarShawn Lloyd, RB (USC) - Dominic Puni, IOL (Kansas)

Carson

Reaction score
Kyle Youman's from DC.com adds the following names...

2nd Round:
Jonathan Brooks, RB (Texas) - Edgerrin Cooper, LB (Texas A&M) - Junior Colson, LB (Michigan) - Zach Frazier, IOL (West Virginia) - Cooper Beebe, IOL (Kansas State) - Braden Fiske, IDL (Florida State)

3rd Round:
Trey Benson, RB (Florida State) - Jackson Powers-Johnson, IOL (Oregon) - Malachi Corley, WR (W. Kentucky) - Trevin Wallace, LB (Kentucky) - Ruke Orhorhoro, DL (Clemson) - DeWayne Carter, IDL (Duke) - MarShawn Lloyd, RB (USC) - Dominic Puni, IOL (Kansas)
I think Beebe /Colson are realistic in 2 along with Wallace / Puni in 3

cnuball21

Reaction score

Cooper is the only name I’d be excited about in the 2nd. Colson would be fine but IMO a better player will be there. Wallace’s instincts worry me but maybe in the 3rd.

I’m out on OL in the 2/3.