Bobby Belt-The Complete Defense of Dak Prescott: Debunking the Nine Most Common Criticisms

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

Bobby Belt has written a long essay debunking a lot of the claims people make about Dak Prescott to discredit him.

1. Anyone could win with Dak Prescott's supporting cast.
2. Ezekiel Elliott carries Dak Prescott.
3. Dak Prescott disappears in the clutch.
4. Dak Prescott pads his stats in garbage time.
5. Dak Prescott isn't an elite passer.
6. Dak Prescott hasn't won a Super Bowl/isn't the best QB in the league so he can't be the highest paid.
7. Dak Prescott is to blame for his receivers' drops.
8. Dak Prescott doesn't beat good teams/win big games.
9. "My eyes tell me"

Belt provides evidence to counter each of these claims. Great info regardless of how you currently feel about Dak.

Last edited:

Kaiser

Reaction score
Its a good article, some of those points are easy layups but he does a good job on some of the ones that are reasonable arguments. I'm not as strongly on Dak's side as he is but he still does a good job with this.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This article....or any other article....won't change anybody's minds. They are all set in concrete and any amount of sense won't move them

I think you can point this out on either side. I know I am guilty of this. I don't believe Dak is worth what he's asking for, no matter how good he is or isn't. None of them are in my view and no amount of anything will change that opinion, for me. So yeah, I fit this but I'm far from alone. There are many, in this thread, that could fit that description, in my view.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
101696931_3162055443888094_4727125410674900992_n.jpg

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It overwhelmed me with words, so until I have coffee I will just have to agree with him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Bobby Belt has written a long essay debunking a lot of the claims people make about Dak Prescott to discredit him.

1. Anyone could win with Dak Prescott's supporting cast.
2. Ezekiel Elliott carries Dak Prescott.
3. Dak Prescott disappears in the clutch.
4. Dak Prescott pads his stats in garbage time.
5. Dak Prescott isn't an elite passer.
6. Dak Prescott hasn't won a Super Bowl/isn't the best QB in the league so he can't be the highest paid.
7. Dak Prescott is to blame for his receivers' drops.
8. Dak Prescott doesn't beat good teams/win big games.
9. "My eyes tell me"

Belt provides evidence to counter each of these claims. Great info regardless of how you currently feel about Dak.

1. Anyone could win with Dak Prescott's supporting cast. Best offline and HB including top 10 WR in Coop and he still can't score TD...
2. Ezekiel Elliott carries Dak Prescott. They arrived together in 2016 and ya without Zeke no way we go 13-3...
3. Dak Prescott disappears in the clutch. Being 1-7 against good teams and had 0 comeback wins last season. We also fell behind in 85% of our games.
4. Dak Prescott pads his stats in garbage time. Wake up Bobby he does! He is the garbage king and the prevent defense is his best friend as the battle has been lost for our team!
5. Dak Prescott isn't an elite passer. Correct as his flaws are many from accuracy to the pocket presence to footwork....ya he is NOT an elite passer and never was!
6. Dak Prescott hasn't won a Super Bowl/isn't the best QB in the league so he can't be the highest paid. Superbowl LOL for a guy who couldn't score more than 9 points in Philly please Bobby lol
7. Dak Prescott is to blame for his receivers' drops. Not all but most so-called drops are OFF TARGET...accuracy issues as mentioned above!
8. Dak Prescott doesn't beat good teams/win big games. From the Colts shut out to last years debacle he simply cannot score TD against good teams! The red-Zone horror story is the Dak show!
9. "My eyes tell me" Should we keep them shut when Dak is on the field? Sorry, Bobby but we got them and we use them!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This article....or any other article....won't change anybody's minds. They are all set in concrete and any amount of sense won't move them
That is incorrect. A person is capable of being made aware of information they did not know before and based on that information, change their mind. Maybe that's not true in your case but it certainly true with everyone else in the world. Ignorance is not an incurable ailment, however, once again I reserve an exception to this in your case since you so boldly made the statement to the contrary.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Being 1-7 against good teams and had 0 comeback wins last season. We also fell behind in 85% of our games.

I'm assuming you didn't actually read the article since a lot of statements he refuted but had to laugh at this. Accornding to you the Cowboys had 0 comeback wins and fell behind in 85% of the games. That don't add up to 8-8 lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
16 passes were thrown so bad even the defensive players dropped them.
Are you implying defensive players are better catchers than offensive? :huh: Surely you would concede one reason they are playing defense is that they are less capable of catching a football, which would be counterintuitive to your statement.

PS... I apologize for calling you Surely. :D

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm assuming you didn't actually read the article since a lot of statements he refuted but had to laugh at this. Accornding to you the Cowboys had 0 comeback wins and fell behind in 85% of the games. That don't add up to 8-8 lol.

Hey, Jay tell Bobby next time we will keep our EYES closed when Dak is giving it the old 3 and out.....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Reaction score
I think you can point this out on either side. I know I am guilty of this. I don't believe Dak is worth what he's asking for, no matter how good he is or isn't. None of them are in my view and no amount of anything will change that opinion, for me. So yeah, I fit this but I'm far from alone. There are many, in this thread, that could fit that description, in my view.
When I made my original post I was referring to both sides of this debate. Both sides have their extremists.

I like Dak and think he is good. I am not nearly as pro-Dak as Belt is, but his argument is compelling. Dak still needs to work on some things, but you can win with him. And I think the article points that out pretty well.

The extremist arguments on the negative side are mostly bogus. And extremist arguments on the positive side are sometimes over the top. He lands in the middle. That's where Dak is.

I don't understand why people hate him so much.