Bobby Carp... Finally

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Dude finally makes some plays, first on special teams then on defense. As I was watching him rush off the end, it just doesn't appear he's strong enough right now. He should be okay after his first full year in the weight program.

Duane

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1237603 said:
Dude finally makes some plays, first on special teams then on defense. As I was watching him rush off the end, it just doesn't appear he's strong enough right now. He should be okay after his first full year in the weight program.

And a full year at one position.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
BlueStar22;1237603 said:
But he's still a bust. At least thats what I've read.

Woods

Reaction score
like he's getting more comfortable back there. Hopefully next year he can be the solid all around LB we are hoping for.

As for our Defense, while we really picked it up in the 2nd half, I think we've got a lot of problems to sort out.

To start with, can we cover the FB near the goal line?

I was happy to see Watkins make a play or two as well. I wonder if Parrish starts vs. the Eagles next week?

In any case, great to see Romo bounce back after last week. And Ware was fantastic. If we had one more LB to complement him, we'd be really scary.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
bobby played very well today..............especially stopping vick on that third down play.

way to go bobby carpenter.

sago1

Reaction score
Sounds like Carpenter is starting to produce. Didn't see the game here in Tampa, so I don't know if he gave up any big plays to offset his 1.5 sacks, etc. but it's nice to finally see him coming along. How much playing time did he see compared with Singleton and does it look like we see more and more of Carpenter at Singleton's expense?

Actually I think we'll see a lot of improvement in our rookie players next year after all have been thru the weight conditioning program. Carpenter needs it and you better believe the rest of them do as well.

Also thrilled to hear Watkins step it up and make that big intercept which guaranteed our win. Sounds like we getting 3 legit players out of 06 draft (Carpenter/Hatcher/Watkins); hopefully Fasano/Stanley/McQuistan and maybe even E.J.Whitely come on next year.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
watkins gets a pick
carpenter 1.5 sacks and alot of pressure
barber is taking over
TO was TO
Romo was back
now all we need is to move Henry to the nickel...lol

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Loved me some Carpenter today. He played loose today. If he can keep this up, we can start him full time.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Woods;1237638 said:
like he's getting more comfortable back there. Hopefully next year he can be the solid all around LB we are hoping for.

As for our Defense, while we really picked it up in the 2nd half, I think we've got a lot of problems to sort out.

To start with, can we cover the FB near the goal line?

I was happy to see Watkins make a play or two as well. I wonder if Parrish starts vs. the Eagles next week?

In any case, great to see Romo bounce back after last week. And Ware was fantastic. If we had one more LB to complement him, we'd be really scary.

Watkins will probably have earned next week's start as well... McNabb is out and can't pick on him like the last game. Garcia can't throw the ball farther than five yards anyway.

alancdc

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1237813 said:
watkins gets a pick
carpenter 1.5 sacks and alot of pressure
barber is taking over
TO was TO
Romo was back
now all we need is to move Henry to the nickel...lol

Don't we still need to fraft a QB in the first round, or go out and get a high priced FA this offseason since it is obvious that Romo can't possible be any good since he wasn't drafted? If the Romo haters would use some hot sauce on thier crow it does give it a little flavor!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
yes seeing Carp make plays out there was great, hopefully he continues to improve with every game

Woods

Reaction score
aardvark;1237843 said:
Watkins will probably have earned next week's start as well... McNabb is out and can't pick on him like the last game. Garcia can't throw the ball farther than five yards anyway.

Yhea, but those 5 yard passes in the flat really hurt us last 3 games. I hope we sort this thing out by the next game. Every FB who plays us has his best stats for the year.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
Duane;1237610 said:
And a full year at one position.
Dude, ask PitDawg what happens after you play a position for one year.
Especially if BP says he knows what he has in the player.

Iago33

Reaction score
Good to see Carpenter playing and playing well. I hate to mention it, but didn't he blow that coverage on 4th down on Crumpler (Vick didn't look, but Crumpler was wide open).

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I still dont like when they run pitches or sweeps to his side. He never seems to make a play and there is positive yardage. Other than that he does indeed seem to becoming along nicely.

t-rock

Reaction score
He was spying Vick on a bunch of plays. It was a very effective use of his skills.